• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
It looks as though we are well equipped in the second row once again.
There are 2 or 3 great starting combos to pick from. Front row is pretty good as well with hooker(s) a little up in the air.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I agree that things are looking positive for the Wallabies - even if our teams aren’t going too flash, most of our potential 23 in Gold are hitting form.

A team as below isn’t shabby at all. Main question is around the back row, and another minor annoyance about who’ll play at 11 and 23.

1 Sio
2 Paenga-Amosa
3 Kepu
4 Coleman
5 Rodda
6 Hooper
7 Pocock
8 Timu
9 Genia
10 Foley
11 ?
12 Beale
13 Rona
14 DHP
15 Folau

Potential 11s are Hodge, Koroibete, Maddocks, Banks. I’d go with Maddocks as I think he has considerable potential and none of the others are setting the world alight.

16 Tupou
17 Uelese
18 Ala'alatoa
19 Arnold
20 Higgenbotham / Timani / McAffrey
21 Phipps
22 Hodge
23 ?
If Taqele isn't in the 23 i'll be quite displeased. Hodge hasn't been particularly amazing this year eh.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
If Taqele isn't in the 23 i'll be quite displeased. Hodge hasn't been particularly amazing this year eh.

Also after showing his incredible endurance and being rock solid against the very impressive Hurricanes scrum, Tuopu really should be starting!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Also after showing his incredible endurance and being rock solid against the very impressive Hurricanes scrum, Tuopu really should be starting!
I wouldn't be upset if he did. I don't much is lost in the scrum or around the park with either of Kepu or Tupou. I think they both have it locked in.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Although, to be fair, Kepu was bloody impressive yesterday too. Tupou is making a great claim for the starting spot, but I won’t have a real beef if Kepu starts. Tupou will still get plenty of time.

Loosehead is our problem with lack of depth, and Hooker where we have a bunch of talented but completely inexperienced youngsters.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Although, to be fair, Kepu was bloody impressive yesterday too. Tupou is making a great claim for the starting spot, but I won’t have a real beef if Kepu starts. Tupou will still get plenty of time.

Loosehead is our problem with lack of depth, and Hooker where we have a bunch of talented but completely inexperienced youngsters.
Gotta get experience some time.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Tupou is a baby in prop years, Kepu will start when it matters until after the WC. Let Tupou learn and get back end minutes for a while longer. And please we don't want to ever pick a THP for his ability to run the ball

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So Valentini is injured again. Any chance of him being a bolter in June now seems overwhelmingly unlikely.

I think a Pocock, Hooper, Timu backrow is now overwhelmingly likely. The reserve backrower is going to be very interesting for the first test at least and longer until Hanigan gets healthy.

Rodda and Coleman seem odds on favourites to start at lock.

I reckon there's a pretty strong chance that Arnold will miss the first test through suspension.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder when the squad is due to be announced?

There are two matches before the June series but I'd guess it will be announced after the next weekend at the latest given players will be assembling as their matches are completed during the following round.

Given the All Blacks just announced their squad maybe it will be during this week?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I wonder when the squad is due to be announced?

There are two matches before the June series but I'd guess it will be announced after the next weekend at the latest given players will be assembling as their matches are completed during the following round.

Given the All Blacks just announced their squad maybe it will be during this week?
On kick and chase Wednesday week