• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tri Nations Game 5 - Springboks vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Despite all my reservations, Deans has put himself in a much better position than de Villiers. At this stage you'd say SA will be lucky to make the semi-finals.

Do better than the Clown. Sounds like a KPI....

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The key problems last week for me were:
  1. There was just no structure or flair to the attack. Its not 2007, you can't win with the 2007 gameplan any more. The game against a Wallaby team only firing on three cylinders showed the Boks have no penetration.
  2. John Smit can't play 3. Its like the old England cricket teams who chose a captain for his leadership not his ability to play. Australia chose the best team first and then picked a captain. Only once in 30 years was this successful for England (then we followed the same strategy last ashes series and it didn't work for us either).
  3. Some of the Boks players did just not look fit.
Its very close to the World Cup to make major changes, but repeating what didn't work last week is a recipe for failure. Looking at that team Lambie should be at 10 with Butch on the bench. He is the only 10 in SA with enough creativity. JdV has lost all creativity and speed. The Bok centres had no penetration up against two good tacklers. JdJ is the best replacement you've got given that the really good young centres were not given the chance in the Super tournament to develop. Pieterson to 15 and Aplon to the wing. At least then Pieterson might get some ball in space to run with. In the forwards, Bismark and Alberts will improve the impact this week.

Unless PdV is gradually easing John Smit out, playing him at all this week instead of Chilliboy is not giving Chilly time to prepare. Smit should only be going to the WC as cover and captain of the dirt-trackers. The best front row you have is Beast and the du Plessis brothers, with Chilly and CJ on the bench.

Steenkamp should be running 30-40km per day on a diet of lettuce leaves, not packing at THP this weekend. Johnson for Alberts after 50-60 and Roussouw only as injury cover.

Despite all my reservations, Deans has put himself in a much better position than de Villiers. At this stage you'd say SA will be lucky to make the semi-finals.
You maybe right but you can also be wrong. a Week is a long time in rugby, as you should know. Just think out of the box and think what will happen if the Bokke knock over the All Blacks this weekend. It can be the start of great things for them.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The way Snor hometown Paarl have All Black supporters is absolutely unbelievable at the moment. Its All Blacks cars, jerseys, taxis all over the place. Cant help bumping into this coloured All Black supporters when go shopping and just dig into them. Happen last night and the arrogance this lot show is absolutely frustration for this Boer Bok supporter. After talking to this lot (they usually think Daniel Carter players for Auckland ITM Cup) I just hope and pray the Bokke knock them so hard this weekend to get these fucke3rs all back in their boxes. 2009 we dont had a single All Black supporter in town , now there are millions of them. Dont help to tell them Snor is one of them, they just laugh at me. Blou I need your help Boet.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I will go out on a limb and say the Bokke will get up in this one. Most of those rested blokes will be better for having the run last weekend and they will look more coherant.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Starting XV:

1. Tony Woodcock (74)
2. Keven Mealamu - captain (84)
3. John Afoa (32)
4. Samuel Whitelock (16)
5. Ali Williams (64)
6. Jerome Kaino (40)
7. Adam Thomson (20)
8. Liam Messam (8)
9. Jimmy Cowan (46)
10. Colin Slade (4)
11. Hosea Gear (7)
12. Sonny Bill Williams (6)
13. Richard Kahui (11)
14. Isaia Toeava (30)
15. Israel Dagg (6)
Reserves:

16. Andrew Hore (53)
17. Ben Franks (10)
18. Jarrad Hoeata (2)
19. Victor Vito (6)
20. Andy Ellis (19)
21. Piri Weepu (47)
22. Cory Jane (23)

Number of Test caps in brackets.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Starting XV:

1. Tony Woodcock (74)
2. Keven Mealamu - captain (84)
3. John Afoa (32)
4. Samuel Whitelock (16)
5. Ali Williams (64)
6. Jerome Kaino (40)
7. Adam Thomson (20)
8. Liam Messam (8)
9. Jimmy Cowan (46)
10. Colin Slade (4)
11. Hosea Gear (7)
12. Sonny Bill Williams (6)
13. Richard Kahui (11)
14. Isaia Toeava (30)
15. Israel Dagg (6)
Reserves:

16. Andrew Hore (53)
17. Ben Franks (10)
18. Jarrad Hoeata (2)
19. Victor Vito (6)
20. Andy Ellis (19)
21. Piri Weepu (47)
22. Cory Jane (23)

Number of Test caps in brackets.

Still scares me.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
That is a pretty good NZ side. It is always interesting to see them play without Carter, maybe this will be a peak into the future of NZ rugby.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
The way Snor hometown Paarl have All Black supporters is absolutely unbelievable at the moment. Its All Blacks cars, jerseys, taxis all over the place. Cant help bumping into this coloured All Black supporters when go shopping and just dig into them. Happen last night and the arrogance this lot show is absolutely frustration for this Boer Bok supporter. After talking to this lot (they usually think Daniel Carter players for Auckland ITM Cup) I just hope and pray the Bokke knock them so hard this weekend to get these fucke3rs all back in their boxes. 2009 we dont had a single All Black supporter in town , now there are millions of them. Dont help to tell them Snor is one of them, they just laugh at me. Blou I need your help Boet.

Can't be blicks supporters they are all humility and quietness. I expect it is an Aussie conspiracy to make kiwis look bad. Ask them to say 'suks uz bad for ewe.'

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Can't be blicks supporters they are all humility and quietness. I expect it is an Aussie conspiracy to make kiwis look bad. Ask them to say 'suks uz bad for ewe.'

Well over at TSF I started a thread asking if there is anyone in PE who can beat a couple of them with a lead pipe until they bleed and post photos but I was shouted down for posting a "hate" message. :) Fancy that. They desrve to be beaten. Imagine here in Aus a bunch of Aussie supported run around at test matches cheering on the Blecks?

Yes. Hate is a strong word.

Seriously, anyone can support who they like but from what I have heard from mates and seen on TV these fuckers shove it in everyone's faces. And they still play the apartheid card. Sorry boyos. Welcome to 2011.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Well over at TSF I started a thread asking if there is anyone in PE who can beat a couple of them with a lead pipe until they bleed and post photos but I was shouted down for posting a "hate" message. :) Fancy that. They desrve to be beaten. Imagine here in Aus a bunch of Aussie supported run around at test matches cheering on the Blecks?

Yes. Hate is a strong word.

Seriously, anyone can support who they like but from what I have heard from mates and seen on TV these fuckers shove it in everyone's faces. And they still play the apartheid card. Sorry boyos. Welcome to 2011.
Thats the funny part. In Paarl Snor is part of them and they just laugh at me when I throw the Snor card to them. "Hei praat te baaaie"

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Well over at TSF I started a thread asking if there is anyone in PE who can beat a couple of them with a lead pipe until they bleed and post photos but I was shouted down for posting a "hate" message. :) Fancy that.
Some things never change. :lmao:

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Me too. Forward pack is rubbish - only Mealamu & Kaino have been playing good footy & that's a mish mash of an AB backline if ever i've seen one.

Thomson was my MOTM in the first two AB tests this year and had an excellent S15. I think he's alot stronger over the ball this season and it's very noticeable.

Quite concerned about Woodcock and Messam.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Anything less than a 20 point win will be looked as "well it was our B team" so Boks on a hiding to nothing even with seven front line players missing and 400 odd caps that can be described at the worse a A- team.

Dam I hope the Boks turn it on and run through what i recon is the softest/un-smart midfield defense I have seen for a while from the AB's.

TSF brought out the hate in me Blue!

Could only keep myself from poking at the "one eye'd monster" for about a week before the Ban stick was cowardly brought out.

Status
Not open for further replies.