• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trial: Waratahs v Chiefs @ Campbelltown, Friday 6 February 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
This is the final hit out for both teams before the Super Rugby season starts.

After being rested last week, Sekope Kepu, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Michael Hooper, Dave Dennis, Nick Phipps, Bernard Foley, Adam Ashley-Cooper and Israel Folau should all make their returns to the starting XV.

For the Chiefs, Sonny Bill Williams should feature after spending last Saturday beating the crap out of Chunk from the Goonies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fuck wasn't that whole thing a farce? Messam got a kid who couldn't box a present, and it was a race to see what would kill SBW's opponent: cardiac arrest or SBW.

Anyway, I'm borderline to make this trial due to being a responsible Dad. Feel like I should get there in order to support the Tahs and get a look at the Chiefs in possibly the only opportunity this year.

They've been installed as favourites by the bookies, no doubt because they're all league fans and SBW is back which is apparently a guarantee. Didn't win the Crusaders any titles, but whatever.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
I'll be there, just not sure what time.

Could take 2 hours to get there, especially if wet (haven't looked at the weather guess-cast) or some random has an accident on the M4.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
They've been installed as favourites by the bookies, no doubt because they're all league fans and SBW is back which is apparently a guarantee. Didn't win the Crusaders any titles, but whatever.
Won 1 with the Chiefs the year he was in Waikato, though.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
In 2013 he won the NRL Grand Final with the Roosters.

There's no doubt that SBW has brought plenty of success to wherever he plays.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"All Blacks Aaron Cruden, Brodie Retallick, Liam Messam and Sam Cane have remained in New Zealand.

"The Chiefs are also without props Ben Tameifuna (at a funeral in Tonga) and Ben Afeaki (ongoing head issues).

"Added to that, utility back Andrew Horrell and midfielder Charlie Ngatai have remained behind in anticipation of baby arrivals and Tim Nanai-Williams is at the sevens in Wellington, fulfilling the third of four tournament appearances required for his change of nationality to Samoa."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-as-chiefs-boast-strong-side-to-face-waratahs

Has anyone seen any actual team lists?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah mate it'll be sweet.

At this stage I'm probably doing the same - getting to Campbelltown after work on a Friday will take most of the two hour interval and then I have to get back.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sounds like the Chiefs will be fielding most of their B team by that list of players missing.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Well I bought a chrome cast so I could watch this game on the TV, it better bloody work

After spending hours trying to link our brand new TV (market leading brand) to my laptop I bought a chromecast. Its the epitome of plug and play - you'll have no problems. Awesome piece of technology.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
After spending hours trying to link our brand new TV (market leading brand) to my laptop I bought a chromecast. Its the epitome of plug and play - you'll have no problems. Awesome piece of technology.

HDMI cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.