• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trial: Waratahs v Chiefs @ Campbelltown, Friday 6 February 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
HDMI cable?

Simpler than that, plug dongle into hdmi socket, plug back micro usb into a usb socket to charge and connect, it took 15 minutes including a software upgrade.

My concern is more the quality of the live stream over utube

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Simpler than that, plug dongle into hdmi socket, plug back micro usb into a usb socket to charge and connect, it took 15 minutes including a software upgrade.

My concern is more the quality of the live stream over utube

I was talking about hooking the laptop up to the TV that he gave up on before getting the ChromeCast.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I was talking about hooking the laptop up to the TV that he gave up on before getting the ChromeCast.

A long HDMI cable costs almost as much as a Chromecast and has convenience/useability issues. So last century (ha ha).

Fatprop, who is putting the match up? Fox, or someone else?

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
You can't say that the Tahs are leaving anyone off the field!

Capture.PNG

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gee, that Chiefs team is disappointing. Barely any expected starters from the normal team are starting, they are carrying a couple on the bench though.

So many players left in NZ.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Gee, that Chiefs team is disappointing. Barely any expected starters from the normal team are starting, they are carrying a couple on the bench though.

So many players left in NZ.

Funny how there is no issue coming from the Kiwi fans (that I can find) whereas various posters have have complained that the Tahs are going into the first game underdone

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The conventional wisdom is that you normally play most of your fit preferred XV by your last trial. The Tahs are playing all of their fit starting XV.

Some NZ teams take a different approach and don't seen to mind a slower start to the year. I wonder if they were instructed to leave those All Blacks in NZ by the NZRU or Hansen.

Not sure which way is right. I would be worried about some of the Chiefs being underdone, though.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
yeh but you're at home vs the Force (sans their skipper). Should get up.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
OK so the guys at BarTV announced the stream is NOT coming through their interface, but the page at waratahs.com.au

http://www.waratahs.com.au/Waratahs...ticleID/14560/Waratahs-Trial-Live-Stream.aspx

When I went there a couple of hours ago, the video frame was fucked. The the whole site was fucked, now it seems to be back, but it isn't, because when you click on it the thing says the video was removed by user.

So that is the old page linking to BarTV Sports youtube page (where I got the same outcome). So they are hopefully going back to letting BarTV stream it via youtube, and that means Chromecast.

If they're punching it out through the Tahs site, there are no guarantees it'll even work at this point.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Incidentally they also took out the redsrugby site so I assume whatever they did fucked a bank of ARU hosts.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Here's the series of events from my end:

1) Checked BarTV Sports this morning on youtube, and a feed was up there and working with a countdown.

2) Tahs have come in and said "actually due to commercial agreements we will stream it through our site on the ARU infrastructure"

3) Possessing the technical ability of a small marmot, they fucked it, taking out all the ARU shit at the same time

4) Unable to repair it, they threw the whole thing in the fuck-it bucket and went off to get a beer.

Either that or the ground isn't set up with capable bandwidth at present - which is something you think they would have checked, or that BarTV could solve with enough grunty 4G mobile aggregation.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Here's a quick guide for anyone wanting to live stream anything ever:

1: plug camera into computer
2: sign into youtube account
3: click "broadcast hangout"

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Apparently it was a series of issues which resulted in them having to can it. From the ARU to YouTube and eventually they couldn't get it resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.