• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trial: Waratahs v Chiefs @ Campbelltown, Friday 6 February 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Let's go Tahs!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423211320708.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423211320708.jpg
    745.1 KB · Views: 228

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Some NZ teams take a different approach and don't seen to mind a slower start to the year. I wonder if they were instructed to leave those All Blacks in NZ by the NZRU or Hansen.

NZRU have instructed the franchises that every EOYT All Black is to be given two weeks leave during the season. Trials don't appear to count but, for example, Retallick will be rested in Round 1, as will Dagg, Mealamu will miss Rounds 1 & 2, etc etc.

As I noted in my Crusaders season preview, it's gonna be a helluva juggling act for them (12 AB including Read & Sam Whitelock who are both on a mini-sabbatical until Round 5) & the Horrorcanes (10 AB) & only a little easier for the Chiefs & Blues (6 each, I think). The Clan only have Aaron & Ben Smith to worry about, that's one reason they're my smoky for the NZ Conference.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
From the sound of their tweets sounds like it wasn't just a technical issue and possibly Foxsports disallowed them?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yellow card to the Chiefs number 8 after killing a certain try. Try to Rob Horne from the scrum. Kick missed, 28-26 Chiefs.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Defence and kick off receptions have been poor (at least until Dennis came on) but continuity in attack and offloads have been great. Dennis came on after about 20 minutes. Looked like Mitch Chapman got his nose broken. So far so good for Denno and he has taken a couple of kick offs cleanly after the first couple were botched.

Status
Not open for further replies.