• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trial: Waratahs v Chiefs @ Campbelltown, Friday 6 February 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
From what I've read Tahs has shown interesting things in this game. Can you repeat the first place?

;)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Here's a quick guide for anyone wanting to live stream anything ever:

1: plug camera into computer
2: sign into youtube account

3: click "broadcast hangout"

You forgot:

4: check with the competition rights holder that you are allowed to do this via your own site
5: check with the host team that THEY have the right to do this in case 4 doesn't come off
6: check with the host team's technical team that they have the appropriate infrastructure to hook this shit up through their own channels.

Yes, the Tahs have a youtube channel, but it was clear that no-one had checked any of these three points.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Sat next to Braveheart and ShtinaTina, impossible to keep these young kiddies away from their toys... Lee was looking splendid in his brown camouflage outfit, probably better suited to the depths of winter.

Like this?

from 6.55

Reactions: gel

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Just to further illustrate the dickery by elitist rugby management in this country:

Campbelltown Harlequins had organised a room at the ground post-match for anyone wearing a Harlequins jersey - free entry, beer, etc.

A female cousin of Folau's, who runs the womens team in those parts, invited him in, and he was keen, rounding up a few other blokes.

As they're on the way in, one of the fish heads pulls them up and asks what is going on. Once explained, said fish head says that its not on because no appearance fee has been paid. Izzy's offsiders removethemselves but he states its for his cousin i.e. family reasons so continues into the room and does the meet and greet.

What a bunch of fucking numpties. I also heard that the Chiefs players were out on the ground, as a unit, signing stuff for the fans who turned up. Bloody good on them.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What a bunch of fucking numpties. I also heard that the Chiefs players were out on the ground, as a unit, signing stuff for the fans who turned up. Bloody good on them.

The majority of the players from both teams walked around the sideline and chatted to fans and signed stuff/posed for selfies.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Made the trek west on Friday night and what a pleasure. 2 brilliant showcases of football in the west in 2 weeks, im still a bit gobsmacked:eek:

The football was good, without being great. The defence up the middle was sloppy. Dave Dennis was solid and his knee looked ok, and he coped a bit of a battering, which was good to see him hold up. Kurtley was moving very well, Ashley-Cooper looked strong and Horne looked very good. Skelton was damaging for long periods, which is a bonus, Potgeiter is a downright freak, i have never seen anything hit the line that hard so often, his try should be filmed and shown to all junior forwards on the intensity needed running at the line from 2 meters out, 10 brick walls wouldn't have stopped him, let alone the three cheifs defenders he took over with him!!!

The big positive, excusing the administartive nuffies mentioned above, Campbelltown Oval looked immaculate, the beers were cold, the pies were brilliant and all in all it was an absolute gem of an evening! Well done to the NSW Rugby Union for making it the success it was and a big pat on the back to the cheifs players signing autographs and taking pictures before and after the game! More of this please!

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Also caught the last few minutes of the gen blue game. If Jim Stewart played as well as that all game, he should be signed purely so no-one else signs him!!! He is class, and with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) leaving, he could be a very valuable addition.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
One thing that was mildly concerning was that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) missed several one on one tackles, particularly in the first half.

Given his normally stellar defence, I imagine he'll sort it out and we won't see the same thing come Sunday.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
I did notice this, probably as AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) usually covers up the sloppy defence from Kurtley in the midfield. Notably, most of the breakouts from the cheifs went straight up the midfield. I think TGC will be blasting them all over this. You might also expect Phipps and Hooper to be working alot harder across to bolster that midfield zone off the opposing set piece.

Another surprise packet was the new guy Lousi. If he can learn a bit of ball security, i like the look of him alot!!

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Issy looks to be in great form. That chiefs length of the field was a pleasure to watch and Jacpot is a terrifying player.

Status
Not open for further replies.