• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TT Rd 3: Blues vs ACT Brumbies

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Date: Saturday 29 May, 7:15pm NZT
Venue: Eden Park, Auckland
Referee: Damon Murphy
TMO: Alfred. E Neuman

Auckland Blues Match Day Team GIF:

da9f7fb1f77398f6e914041b20f60b2f.jpg

ACT Brumbies Match Day Team GIF:

powercrash-kid-crash.gif

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
You just KNOW the Blues will be the first to shit the bed vs an Aussie team.

Local heroes scrum pinged again by anal boy ref trying to prove he's the next overly-officious fake expert Steve Walsh, Bumberries bung it in the corner, Blues hapless and hopeless at stopping the rolling maul as usual.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Settled lineup. Interesting that club captain and AB Paper Tiger Pat can't crack the starting XV ahead of non-AB starting locks

zer0

John Thornett (49)
It's a good bunch of forwards to bring off the bench. Backs less so. Think/hope there will be a more measured approach to the Brumbies, like there was against the Rebels, instead of the more aggressive/hectic approach used against the Waratahs. Play a heavy territory game, accumulate points, attack the scrum (and lineout?), force them into catch up rugby in the second half then go for the bonus point.

Of course that would require the donkeys to concentrate for decent amount of time in the face of stern opposition, so who knows what will happen.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
You just KNOW the Blues will be the first to shit the bed vs an Aussie team.

Local heroes scrum pinged again by anal boy ref trying to prove he's the next overly-officious fake expert Steve Walsh, Bumberries bung it in the corner, Blues hapless and hopeless at stopping the rolling maul as usual.

Good to see you are warming up the Blues excuse generator. ;)

It should be ok, it not been off too long.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
BRUMBIES (1-15): Scott Sio, Connal McInerney, Allan Ala'alatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Nick Frost, Rob Valetini, Tom Cusack, Henry Stowers, Nic White, Noah Lolesio, Tom Wright, Irae Simone, Len Ikitau, Solomone Kata, Tom Banks
Reserves: Folau Fainga'a, Harry Lloyd, Sefo Kautai, Tom Hooper, Luke Reimer, Ryan Lonergan, Bayley Kuenzle, Mack Hansen

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting to hear ben Darwin on Podcast the other night , seems to think the Brumbies scrum has struggled with Frost locking the tighthead side, reckons people don't understand how important the right hamd side lock and prop working together is. Anyway regardless looks an ok Brumbies team to me.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Interesting to hear ben Darwin on Podcast the other night , seems to think the Brumbies scrum has struggled with Frost locking the tighthead side, reckons people don't understand how important the right hamd side lock and prop working together is. Anyway regardless looks an ok Brumbies team to me.
I think we are missing Neville his a big boss man.. but Frost will get there just young

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think we are missing Neville his a big boss man.. but Frost will get there just young

Yep Tomikin, he did say he thought Frost was good, just was talking of tight head and lock being such an important part of scrum

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Aye aye aye aye that was a beautiful try that was way too easy from the Blues. Where is your defence Brumbies? You know what I miss, the try saving tackles from Phipps & Genia. They used to just know where to be and pulled off so many miracle defences.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Always seemed like an odd time to rest Ofa, but Renata is probably our weakest scrummaging prop and is now off side with the ref. Would like to see Laulala on quick time.

EDIT: There we go.