• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TT Rd 3: Blues vs ACT Brumbies

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Disappointing from White, Ioane shot out gap, opened up but White didn't take advantage instead panicked and threw dodgy ball.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
What is worrying for me the brumbies is how their scrum is being dominated by kiwi packs with Sio and AAA’s on

I was thinking the same. I think Slips will be the only Brumbies front rower as a walk up in the 23, won’t surprise me to see Pone, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) or Faulkner kick Alan out. Sio’s days as a Wallaby are over save for the 23 RWC when he might get in as a squaddie on the basis he covers all 3 front row slots.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Fuck me did the Blues backline actually manage to pull off a tricky dicky move?! Had a few goes this year but that must be the first time it's actually come off. Good to see.

Following the sensible approach from the Rebels match, and first half of 2020, looks to be paying dividends. Who would've thought.....

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
I was thinking the same. I think Slips will be the only Brumbies front rower as a walk up in the 23, won’t surprise me to see Pone, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) or Faulkner kick Alan out. Sio’s days as a Wallaby are over save for the 23 RWC when he might get in as a squaddie on the basis he covers all 3 front row slots.
Yeah, they’ve been monstered this game

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
My reasoning not to be too dismayed is look at Wales. Their domestic teams never do particularly well yet they won the Six Nations.

I’m not too worried from a Wallaby perspective, it’s our depth that is the problem, our best 23 is up there with the best. But this is easily the worst performance from an Aussie team so far in the TT, and that’s saying something, and it’s a worry <<< Edit: if we are to persist with the TT route that is

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I am beginning to feel with this TT it is a pity we can’t just declare after end of Round 3 and call it quits for this season.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Even the dogcrap #9th ranked Blues lineout managed to largely defuse the #1 ranked Brumbies murderous lineout drive and rolling maul.

It is surely the greatest point of embarrassment for Australian rugby this season.