• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

U20s WC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Lots of positives from that game. Although some decision making was perplexing at times but they are young, problem is the seniors seem to make the same decisions.

Joe James

Stan Wickham (3)
What nonsense

There's an article on Rugby.com.au specifically about Goddard having to be pulled from the u20s to cover the loss of Genia for the Rebels tour of South Africa.

Wessels quotes
"The challenge we have is we want him to play for Australia, because he's got the opportunity to play with the U20s.
“That's something we’ve got to wrestle between is giving the players who've been selected for the Australia 20s the right to play there and also if we need them for Rebels
“There's a bit of a balancing act there (but) if Will is ruled out, we will take Harrison with us.”

Hence Goddard been named on the Rebels bench the past month, including the Blues game which overlapped with the u20s tournament in France.

As to why he probably hasn't been called up to the squad like the Stewarts, Petaia's etc is that we already have 2 quality 9s in the squad.
If you followed the thread you would have seen that the Oceania team was named on the Wednesday with no Goddard but he was available and then Genia got injured on the Friday, so then Goddard was called into Rebels. Unless the 20s selectors has a crystal ball and knew Genia was going to get injured, he was Not selected.

Linebreaker

Allen Oxlade (6)
If you followed the thread you would have seen that the Oceania team was named on the Wednesday with no Goddard but he was available and then Genia got injured on the Friday, so then Goddard was called into Rebels. Unless the 20s selectors has a crystal ball and knew Genia was going to get injured, he was Not selected.

.. Makes you wonder... I like his game & has a great boot on him, from memory he nudged out both Steward & Nucifora for the kicking duties last year.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Great game. Full credit, they gave in a red hot crack..

3 trys to 2. 1 intercept to NZ.

Letting 2 trys in early, that took the game away from us.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
Commentary we were getting said a BP would get them a SF, if that's correct then it was a really, really bad call although with other games being played at the same time maybe the guys on field & potentially those in the stands weren't aware of that (or maybe the comms were flat out wrong).

At 17-5 midway through the first half I was expecting a bloodbath so credit to your lads for not letting that happen.

Haha. I was trying to work out if that was a compliment or a sneaky put-down!

Either way, congrats to the baby blacks.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Junior Wallabies side to play Italy
1.Harry Hoopert, Queensland, Brothers
2. Efi Ma’afu, Queensland, Wests
3. Tom Ross, ACT, Gungahlin
4. Angus Blyth, Queensland, Bond University
5. Harry Hockings, Queensland, University of Queensland
6. Michael Wood, Queensland, Brothers
7. Fraser McReight, Queensland, Brothers
8. Pat Tafa, NSW, Norths
9. Ryan Lonergan, ACT, Vikings
10. Hamish Stewart, Queensland, Bond University
11. Jordan Petaia, Queensland, Wests
12. Bayley Kuenzle, NSW, Southern Districts
13. Semisi Tupou, Victoria, Box Hill
14. Matt McTaggart, NSW, Easts
15. Lawson Creighton, Queensland, Brothers

Reserves
16. Matt Faessler, Queensland, Brothers
17. George Francis, NSW, Eastwood
18. Charlie Hancock, NSW, Sydney University
19. Hugh Margin, NSW, Gordon
20. Rory Suttor, NSW, Sydney University
21. Tate McDermott, Queensland, University of Queensland
22. Will Harrison, NSW, Randwick
23. Mack Hansen, ACT Gungahlin

From http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/Ne.../Junior-Wallabies-ready-for-Italian-test.aspx

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
would have liked Petaia and Tupou to swap. Jordan looks more a 13 than Semisi I reckon.

Plus he's a QLDer. Deserves more ball.

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
Looks like the penny has finally dropped re the 12. Shame it seems to be a game late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
Half time of game v Italy and thus far I would say the refereeing is well below an international level. The grass cutter from the Italian 3 was a straight red card yet received a warning and then for the Aus 6 to receive a red for accidentally with no venom a kick to the head is terrible. More so the fact that the ref is allowing push and shove every time there is a break in play shows that he is inept. Aside from this a great game of rugby with 3/4 tries being spectacular. Italys 11 certainly has been the best on a field at this stage along with some huge hits. Looking forward to the second half !!!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Australia clinch in 44-15. What a cracker considering being a man down. Some of those forwards are going to be sensational in a few years. Whatever effort we put into developing quality props over the past few years- can we put the same into 6s, 8s, 9s and 10s? Couple of good guys running around but it isn't the production line of frontrowers we seem to have at the moment.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Whatever effort we put into developing quality props over the past few years- can we put the same into 6s, 8s, 9s and 10s?

Your post makes no sense.

Did you watch the game? Australia had a very good win with 14 men for 60 mins. (Italy are a good side with a very good forward pack, they beat Argentina - our next opponent)

And you imply that 4 positions played poorly.

What result did you think was good enough?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I would assume his comment is more directed towards our lack of depth at senior level in those positions.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Your post makes no sense.

Did you watch the game? Australia had a very good win with 14 men for 60 mins. (Italy are a good side with a very good forward pack, they beat Argentina - our next opponent)

And you imply that 4 positions played poorly.

What result did you think was good enough?

Think you’ve read that wrong. He praised the forwards and wants to see continued development on those positions at the professional level.

Status
Not open for further replies.