• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^

downloadfile.jpg

Better?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crusaders (15-1): David Havili, Seta Tamanivalu, Jack Goodhue, Ryan Crotty, George Bridge, Richie Mo'unga, Bryn Hall, Jordan Taufua, Matt Todd, Pete Samu, Sam Whitelock (captain), Luke Romano, Michael Ala'alatoa, Codie Taylor, Wyatt Crockett. Reserves (16-23): Ben Funnell, Chris King, Oliver Jager, Scott Barrett, Billy Marmon, Mitchell Drummond, Mitchell Hunt, Manasa Mataele.

Ten All Blacks in that lot & still five (Dagg, Read, Franks, Moody, Perry) still to return from injury.

Chiefs (15-1): Charlie Ngatai (cc), Shaun Stevenson, Anton Lienert-Brown, Johnny Fa'auli, Solomon Alaimalo, Damian McKenzie, Brad Weber, Taleni Seu, Sam Cane (cc), Mitchell Brown, Dominic Bird, Brodie Retallick, Nepo Laulala, Nathan Harris, Aidan Ross. Reserves (16-23): Liam Polwart, Atu Moli, Angus Ta'avo, Liam Messam, Lachlan Boshier, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Marty McKenzie, Sean Wainui.

Pleasing to see Weber back after missing the entire season last year with a broken leg.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bulls: 15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Travis Ismaiel, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Burger Odendaal (captain), 11 Johnny Kotze, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Andre Warner, 8 Hanro Liebenberg, 7 Thembelani Bholi, 6 Roelof Smit, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 RG Snyman, 3 Frans van Wyk, 2 Jaco Visagie, 1 Pierre Schoeman. Substitutes: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Lizo Gqoboka, 18 Conraad van Vuuren, 19 Nic de Jager, 20 Marco van Staden, 21 Embrose Papier, 22 Marnitz Boshoff, 23 Divan Rossouw

Hurricanes: 15 Matt Proctor, 14 Julian Savea, 13 Vince Aso, 12 Ngani Laumape, 11 Wes Goosen, 10 Ihaia West, 9 TJ Perenara, 8 Gareth Evans, 7 Ardie Savea, 6 Brad Shields (captain), 5 Sam Lousi, 4 Vaea Fifita, 3 Ben May, 2 Ricky Ricctelli, 1 Toby Smith. Substitutes: 16 James O'Reilly, 17 Chris Eves, 18 Alex Fidow, 19 Murray Douglas, 20 Blade Thomson, 21 Jamie Booth, 22 Beauden Barrett, 23 Ben Lam

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
By geez you have to shake your head at that Crusader's line up, Chiefs only chance is maybe get on top of that forward pack somehow. Can't wait for that game.
Likewise with Canes game really looking forward to see how they go, will be real interested to see how Fidow goes in the real stuff at this level. Like Gareth Evans at 8 one of those good honest hard working loosies, this is about his level as a player and no shame in that. Suspect we may see West going not too bad in this team.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lions: 15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Sylvian Mahuza, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Harold Vorster, 11 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Ross Cronje, 8 Warren Whiteley (captain), 7 Cyle Brink, 6 Kwagga Smith, 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Andries Ferreira, 3 Ruan Dreyer, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Jacques van Rooyen. Substitutes: 16 Robbie Coetzee, 17 Dylan Smith, 18 Jacobie Adriaanse, 19 Lourens Erasmus, 20 Hacjivah Dayimani, 21 Marco Jansen van Vuren, 22 Howard Mnisi, 23 Rohan Janse van Rensburg

Jaguares: 15 Joaquin Tuculet, 14 Bautista Delguy, 13 Matias Orlando, 12 Bautista Ezcurra, 11 Emiliano Boffelli, 10 Nicolas Sanchez, 9 Gonzalo Bertranou, 8 Tomas Lezana, 7 Javier Ortega, 6 Pablo Matera (captain), 5 Tomas Lavanini, 4 Guido Petti, 3 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 2 Agustin Creevy, 1 Felipe Arregu. Substitutes: 16 Julian Montoya, 17 Javier Manuel, 18 Juan Pablo Zeiss, 19 Matias Alemanno, 20 Marcos Kremer, 21 Martin Landajo, 22 Leonardo Senatore, 23 Ramiro Moyano

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I was thinking about the talent that the Bulls have available. Impressive. The only things that can hold them back are club culture and coaching.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Probably a good time to remind ourselves of the Law changes that took effect late last year:

Scrum: No signal from referee. Halfback to decide when to put ball in. Halfback must put ball in straight but can align his shoulder on the middle line of the scrum, allowing him to stand a shoulder width towards his side of the middle line.

Scrum hook - One player from the team who put the ball in must strike for the ball.

No 8 may pick the ball up from the feet of the locks.

Tackler - Must get up before playing the ball and then can only play from his side of the tackle gate.

Ruck (formation) - A ruck commences when at least one player is on their feet and over the ball which is on the ground (tackled player, tackler). At this point the offside line is created. A player on his feet may use his hands to pick up the ball as long as this is immediate. As soon as an opposition player arrives no hands can be used. (Made to avoid repeat of Itlay's tactics against England last year)

Ruck (kicking) - A player must not kick the ball out of a ruck. The player can only hook it in a backwards motion.

Also the team forcing scrums to go uncontested has to lose a player, either for 10 minutes in the case of a HIA or YC, or the rest of the match in the case of injury or a RC.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Great game in Dunedin 24 - 17 to the Blues (3T to 2) at 1/2 time. Very fast . And very hard to get possession back if you lose it.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
What happened to tradition? It is outrageous that well trodden tradition is being thrown out by the Kiwis sacrificed by a base desire to win.

We Aussies rely on a slow start by the Kiwi teams to give us just a small sniff in the first few rounds.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What happened to tradition? It is outrageous that well trodden tradition is being thrown out by the Kiwis sacrificed by a base desire to win.

We Aussies rely on a slow start by the Kiwi teams to give us just a small sniff in the first few rounds.

I blame Steve Tew, you probably should (will?) too :)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Anyway if that game was any indication A Smith is back to his best, he was huge in that game. Isn't it interesting to see how well Thompson went at 13? Good player and someone has obviously pointed him in the right direction, as 13 is usually pretty hard spot to defend for someone unused to playing there and he went well I thought. I also thought Gatland went pretty well at 10 for Blues, although I got howled down when I said it last year, I think he is probably as good at 10 as Otere Black. Game also probably confirms my suspicion that NZ conference is going to be reasonably hard .

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Live footage of the Dunedin Armed Offenders squad racing to reach Forsyth Barr to contain the jailbreak in progress.​

giphy.gif

Looks like the bastards got there just in time.

ANOTHER plucky loss from the guileless dipshits. This way to the try line, no name Landers midfield combo, never mind the much vaunted SBW and Moala across from you, 4 tries for Walden and Thompson, FFS may as well call them Barfoot and Thompson for all the real estate they were allowed

Of course, the Blues ran afoul of the new rule changes within seconds.

Fucked up a scrum on their own line by not hooking, hello tighthead.

Joan Collins had NO IDEA about that new ruck contesting shit. In fact, it looks like now the second person to the ruck can't even contest for the thing or theyre pinged. First there or no one. Which means its too risky to contest at all. Fan out.

ps after waiting all these months for the new season, and rocketing home like a bolt shot from the cock of Thor, the sky tv dish lost the signal 8 minutes into the new season. My season over in true Blues style after 8 f**king minutes. I hope the neighbours enjoyed all the blood-curdling Ned Flanders screaming.​