• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've been baiting wifey's Chiefs-freak whanau on both sides of the ditch all week about tonight's game & getting no bites so we'd best win this fucker or OMG the reverse-flow shit I'll cop will be of biblical proportion.......

All right-thinking Strayans will of course be backing my blokes on account of MAlaalatoa & Samu.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I've been baiting wifey's Chiefs-freak whanau on both sides of the ditch all week about tonight's game & getting no bites so we'd best win this fucker or OMG the reverse-flow shit I'll cop will be of biblical proportion...

All right-thinking Strayans will of course be backing my blokes on account of MAlaalatoa & Samu.

Not after the swinging arm to McKenzie's head. That's a red card by the guidelines; well, it is in Oz.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ bloody Aussies, always with the swinging arm to the head, you'd think that after three (?) years in the no-swinging-arm-to-the-head-mkay environment that is NZ rugby in general & CruSadists rugby in particular he'd have read at least one of the weekly memos by now. Thank God Aussie Pete hasn't gone all headhunter on us yet...........

But yes, I was thinking he's a very lucky lad to not be watching the rest of this game & the next couple from the stands.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^ bloody Aussies, always with the swinging arm to the head, you'd think that after three (?) years in the no-swinging-arm-to-the-head-mkay environment that is NZ rugby in general & CruSadists rugby in particular he'd have read at least one of the weekly memos by now. Thank God Aussie Pete hasn't gone all headhunter on us yet.....

But yes, I was thinking he's a very lucky lad to not be watching the rest of this game & the next couple from the stands.

Honestly, if he does not get cited, the process is completely fucked very early in the season. I'm betting he won't be.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm as one-eyed a CruSadists freak as you'll find North of the Strait but fuck me that was no PT, probably not even a YC, I'd have been happy with a penalty only which is what I thought O'Keffe & the TMO were trying to manufacture I mean agree on to start with.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'm as one-eyed a CruSadists freak as you'll find North of the Strait but fuck me that was no PT, probably not even a YC, I'd have been happy with a penalty only which is what I thought O'Keffe & the TMO were trying to manufacture I mean agree on to start with.

With the guidelines it had to be yellow - contact to the head. If they are consistent - no problem. The earlier one, under the guidelines should have been more. If they become arbitrary on those, it throws another variable in - the match citing commissioner to decide if a citing should occur. More variables, more issues. I can see a big fucking mess this year with application, or not, of these guidelines.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^ rhetorical question: how then does one tackle a guy coming at you head-first & less than a metre off the ground? Tackler did all he possibly could have to avoid injury to the carrier other than standing aside & waving him through for the try. On balance he probably should have, possibly the conversion misses & it's stil 15-on-15 for the duration.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
^^^^^ rhetorical question: how then does one tackle a guy coming at you head-first & less than a metre off the ground? Tackler did all he possibly could have to avoid injury to the carrier other than standing aside & waving him through for the try. On balance he probably should have, possibly the conversion misses & it's stil 15-on-15 for the duration.

I agree. The guidelines make it near impossible, which is a problem. I'm only talking about how they implement guidelines.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
If I was a coach I would have my players duck waddling around the field so they can't be tackled.

I have full respect for player safety but be are playing a contact sport. There has to be some common sense in the laws.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
By gee the Bulls looked pretty good didn't they? They sure played to their strengths, and if anyone asks why the NZRU want to keep playing Saffa teams watch that game, you don't get that kind of physicality against anyone else.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
By gee the Bulls looked pretty good didn't they? They sure played to their strengths, and if anyone asks why the NZRU want to keep playing Saffa teams watch that game, you don't get that kind of physicality against anyone else.
And if anyone ever wondered why we lust after Kiwi coaches compare the Bulls' previous season result to this one.

Your coaches are masters compared to ours. We have the cattle, they just need proper guidance.

EDIT: Bulls v Lions derby next weekend is going to be massive.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think the reality is you don't. The player going for the corner had essentially beaten the defender and was diving to score the try and the only option the defender had was to attack the head of the attacking player.

I don't think the fact that it isn't possible to stop the player with a legal tackle makes it alright to make a high tackle.

Why shouldn't it then be a penalty try? The player would have scored except for the foul play.

I do feel that the automatic yellow card when a penalty try is awarded should go though. It should be optional depending on the situation and the gravity of the indiscretion.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Can anyone explain why there were only 6 people at the lions game ?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Can anyone explain why there were only 6 people at the lions game ?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The Lions, for whatever reason, don't draw crowds. Given the attractive style of rugby they play the reason for that remains a mystery. Lord knows, Twickenham is always full to watch the soap dodgers score 1 or 2 tries in 80 minutes. Go figure.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Lions, for whatever reason, don't draw crowds. Given the attractive style of rugby they play the reason for that remains a mystery. Lord knows, Twickenham is always full to watch the soap dodgers score 1 or 2 tries in 80 minutes. Go figure.
Go to Ellis Park and you will see why. It is very dodgy outside the stadium.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Go to Ellis Park and you will see why. It is very dodgy outside the stadium.

Was there once, don't remember it being too bad? Certainly managed to find a lot worse parts of Jo'burg in my 6 months there.

Must say I fucking loved the place though on the whole. If you didn't have the crime issue and general going to hell in a handbasketness then I'd move there permanently. Good weather, brilliant nature, seriously awesome food, awesome entertainment, know how to braai, some good oaks. Sorry for getting distracted, getting nostalgic.