• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Crusaders seem to have all their front line players back now - just in time for the finals. I see Dagg, Samu and Romano all have been dropped out of the match day 23, Scott Robinson made it pretty clear to the press that they have been dropped not rested or rotated.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Crusaders seem to have all their front line players back now - just in time for the finals. I see Dagg, Samu and Romano all have been dropped out of the match day 23, Scott Robinson made it pretty clear to the press that they have been dropped not rested or rotated.
I thought Samu played well enough in the Ireland series to establish fairly comfortably that he is an international level back rower. That you can drop him entirely sums up the entire competition. You win, let's watch something interesting.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Yes agree, though they have 3 knock out games to play and it obviously only takes one loss. Also appears they have re-signed all front line player for 2019 except Crockett. Really impressive stuff from the back office given all player could earn more coin playing elsewhere (be it super rugby or Europe).

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
He is good but Read & Todd are back now and Bedwell-Curtis & Taufua are fighting it out for (crusaders) player of the season. Feel sorry for Dagg though.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ re: Crockett he's bought the Nelson franchise for a sporting goods chain, wife & kids are already living there & he'll follow in due course. Plans to play one more M10 Cup season (for Tasman) then Club footy for as long as he can.

Re: Dagg I reckon he'd be the first to admit he just doesn't have enough runs on the board to command a place in the XV or 23 right now, but, as above, he's been there before & come back so I wouldn't be surprised if he did it again at some level.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Commentator actually said 'thet' as opposed to 'that' and corrected himself lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Marshy never said t do I will.....

"I enjoyed that, oh yes boy"

CruSadists will finish top of the table (first time since 2008) & have home ground for Qf, SF & GF if they make t that far. I'm confident enough that I'm putting my leave form in for August 3 & 4 today, booking flights & accomodation tonight once wifey decides if she's coming or not. Getting tickets may require some effort but, shit, if I can't get to the ground I'll just watch it at the pub an old mate of mine hopefully still manages.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Good on ya WOB, good to see supporters getting in early and actually going to games. We need more of your type!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ not in the middle of winter, mate! It's Air NZ all the way, hopefully not in a turboprop 'cos those things rattle like crazy even in clear air (which it won't be 'cos the flight path is directly over the dividing ranges of the NI, then Cook Strait, then the Kaikoura range on one side, Southern Alps on t'other).

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Last time I went on the interislander we were on the last boat across before they were suspended due to inclement conditions, I’d take the rattling any day.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ without wanting to sound like a one-upper, I was on one of the last Picton - Wellington ferries to arrive before they should have (but didn't, at the cost of 51 lives) stopped the Wahine from trying to get in through the Heads. I was not quite four at the time & don't remember anything but apparently she was a rough old crossing, I was horribly sea-sick. Hence I'll only ever take the ferry during summer.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I've only taken the inter islander ferry 4 times 2 each way, both with junior rugby teams I coached. Not sure how the boys enjoyed the trip as they were told as we boarded"this is the bar! I will be in the bar! If anyone falls overboard etc, come and tell me in the bar as we berth at other end!" So I had no problems;)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Can i ask you Kiwi blokes some advice. I'm attending a wedding in Wellington in October and plan to make a bit of a holiday out of it. Is there anything decent to do around there? PM if not appropriate for the thread. Cheers.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Derpus some will have some good ideas, but if I had a few days I would think about going up through Waiarapa and up Hawkes Bay, it a little hard to say without knowing what you into of course. Otherwise if you fancied a ferry trip over to top of SI

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Derpus some will have some good ideas, but if I had a few days I would think about going up through Waiarapa and up Hawkes Bay, it a little hard to say without knowing what you into of course. Otherwise if you fancied a ferry trip over to top of SI
Can second visiting that area - Hawkes Bay. If a bit of time get over to Taupo region. Also very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
For a footy freak (even a Strayan one) Rugby Museum in Palmy North is a must. As is Levin Cosmopolitan Club on the way back to Wellywood (can't believe you missed that, Dan, I think you've been too long living in SEQ :))