• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Unpopular opinion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Grenade thrown: Cutting an Australian Super Rugby team is absolutely necessary, so the 4 Oz teams have a better percentage of quality players v second string players. Oz Super Rugby is chock-a-block full of mediocrity. In all teams.

Unlike our Kiwi cousins, we do not have a rugby factory churning out Super Rugby-quality players.

Unless we can clone Quade. Need more Quade. More Quade more better*.

My only objection the entire time has always been that I didn't want it to be my team. Not fussed what happens anywhere else, as long as I have a Super Rugby team in Melbourne.

#StrongerAs4
#SelfishBastard
#Meh
#DurkaDurka

That should be good for a few more pages.

*Satire alert

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
You're not even close Daz. It's done like this_____

Quade should be the 10 Wallaby 10 ahead of Foley.

See, easy 10 more pages in this thread now.

Reactions: daz

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I am more interested in origin tonight than i have been in years. I might not even care when the commentators call it the greatest sporting event ever.
FU rugby for driving me to this.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The establishment will eventually be defeated, someone with a sports brain and nous will take over and 2017 will be looked back upon by Australian rugby supporters in the same light as 1991, 1995, 1999 and 2003 is to NZ rugby supporters, and we will again conquer the rugby world.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The establishment will eventually be defeated, someone with a sports brain and nous will take over and 2017 will be looked back upon by Australian rugby supporters in the same light as 1991, 1995, 1999 and 2003 is to NZ rugby supporters, and we will again conquer the rugby world.
Off topic

Reactions: dru

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I hate daytime games.

I hate the shitty viewing when a ball is kicked into the air and the ball cant be tracked due to shadows.

I hate the shadows on the field and the way this messes with the TV broadcast.

Day games are hard to fit in with work and family time, night games mean my kids are in bed and I can watch it live.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My favourite bit of bleedingly obvious commentary was when Queensland did a dropout that went 15m across to the right touchline which NSW caught.

I can't remember if it was Ray Warren or Phil Gould but they said "Queensland were trying to regain possession there."

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
To me it was a great game to watch. Commentary was cringeworthy (as always) but I love league and union so I have no complaints :)

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
To me it was a great game to watch. Commentary was cringeworthy (as always) but I love league and union so I have no complaints :)

Good game last night.
Cringey commentary;
Joey Johns is a jumbled mess of platitudes.
Ray Warren is a loop of platitudes about the greatest game of all.
Gus Gould - No no no no no.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Sack Stiles and bring back the woody....I am prepared to pitch a tent in the Global car park at Ballymore until the Reds announce in a morning glory, the return of the Woody.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sack Stiles and bring back the woody..I am prepared to pitch a tent in the Global car park at Ballymore until the Reds announce in a morning glory, the return of the Woody.

You might end up being coach if you do that long enough. Last man standing in the global car park

Reactions: dru
Status
Not open for further replies.