• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

USA v All Blacks Test - Chicago November 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Baby steps Antony. I guess the report did state three correct facts. It's just that no one told them that not one of them was related to the other :)

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I had a google to see what NBC was saying (if anything) about the game. Came across this absolute gem:

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...-at-soldier-field-saturday-november-1-on-nbc/

The All Blacks are the reigning Rugby World Cup champions from 2011, and were runners-up at the 2013 Rugby League World Cup. Last year, the U.S. and New Zealand squared off at PPL Park in Philadelphia, Pa. on Nov. 9, when the All Blacks defeated the Eagles 29-19.

We're playing a long game here.

If it makes you feel any better it's not like they don't stuff this shit up when they're printing regular stories, either.

If it's the same announcers they've been using for ARC, the Maori match and just about all the Eagles tests I can remember..you're all in for a treat ;)

Going to throw a match preview up on the front page once USA announces their 23. Focus will be on the USA players since (no offense) we all already know more than enough about the blokes from across the Tasman.

USA scrum and midfield defense will be major issues. Tactics could also be an issue - fucking retarded game plan cost us the match against the Maori. Back three should surprise some people if given the chance, possibly the loosies too depending on how they line up 4 through 8 (we've got a bunch of 'nottas).

Have to work out the technical details with the back room but I should be coming through with a live blog as well for those having issue with streaming the game because you live in the middle of goddamn nowhere.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
I had a google to see what NBC was saying (if anything) about the game. Came across this absolute gem:

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...-at-soldier-field-saturday-november-1-on-nbc/

The All Blacks are the reigning Rugby World Cup champions from 2011, and were runners-up at the 2013 Rugby League World Cup. Last year, the U.S. and New Zealand squared off at PPL Park in Philadelphia, Pa. on Nov. 9, when the All Blacks defeated the Eagles 29-19.

We're playing a long game here.

Well, to be fair for Americans the idea of having two rugby codes is confusing I'm sure... I can't be too rough on them anyway - I went to visit friends in Canada a couple years back and went to a CFL game and had no idea it was actually a different sport to American Football.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Well, to be fair for Americans the idea of having two rugby codes is confusing I'm sure. I can't be too rough on them anyway - I went to visit friends in Canada a couple years back and went to a CFL game and had no idea it was actually a different sport to American Football.

There have been multiple proposals for a professional structure here and at least two or three of them have had the word "League" in their name :confused:

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
There have been multiple proposals for a professional structure here and at least two or three of them have had the word "League" in their name :confused:

Well, when you think about it defining the two forms of rugby with their respective organisational or competition structures is just downright stupid, so it's little wonder that people get confused.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Well, when you think about it defining the two forms of rugby with their respective organisational or competition structures is just downright stupid, so it's little wonder that people get confused.

It was more a comment on how stupid it is to propose 7-figure projects that become borderline-unmarketable to a global audience because the boys in charge couldn't get more creative with their thesaurus.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
It was more a comment on how stupid it is to propose 7-figure projects that become borderline-unmarketable to a global audience because the boys in charge couldn't get more creative with their thesaurus.

How would you have marketed it in the states given the opportunity?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
How would you have marketed it in the states given the opportunity?

I'd need at least a few hours to draw up a blueprint (and it'd be hugely arrogant not to admit I'd need to help of at least several other people even to do that) but I could tell you that the name of the competition would never, ever include the word "League".

I think the Pacific Rugby Premiership has a good model going, though. I don't think it's feasible to start anything pro or even semi-pro at anything larger than a regional level just because of how large the USA is and how spread out the rugby hotbeds are.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I should be coming through with a live blog as well for those having issue with streaming the game because you live in the middle of goddamn nowhere.

wwf3.gif
wwf4.gif
mmaboy.gif

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I'm definitely more excited about this game than the Aus v Baa Baa's game.

Just hope the Eagles make a good fist of it and it captures the imagination of the American public.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No AB team announcement yet as such but plenty of hints that the newbies will all get a run, Read will captain, Cruden & Cane will start with DC on the bench & Richie probably not in the 23.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'm definitely more excited about this game than the Aus v Baa Baa's game.

Just hope the Eagles make a good fist of it and it captures the imagination of the American public.

Its a sell out at soldier field:
Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 08.34.47.png

According to wikipedia more than half the tickets sold within 2 days of going on sale.
However, an NFL filed is only 53 odd yards wide, and I recall that there were issues with pitch width when they played the soccer world cup in the USA last. So not sure what the accommodation will be like - there's a bit of space when they play NFL but not all that much in the corners.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-nw-zealand-rugby-game-sold-out-20141024-story.html

And the ABs doing something for America's unfortunate love affair with guns:
And if fans were thinking of bringing their shotgun to the match, they'd better think again as the match has a zero-weapons policy.
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/usa-fans-reminded-not-bring-guns-all-blacks-match-6117369

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just for me old mate Pfitzy, other than Tuipolutu, Harris, TJ and Piutau, all the other starters have started a test against either the Wallabies or Boks. :)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
DUSRISPICT! THET'S JUST DUSRISPICT TO THU EAGLES BRO!

Take it easy, Desperado. A witchy woman with lying eyes tells me that some life in the fast lane for a new kid in town or two now may mean less heartache tonight moments in the long run. Take it to the limit, I say.

I expect the lawyers for Henley Frey (but not Felder) Inc will be in touch........

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Just for me old mate Pfitzy, other than Tuipolutu, Harris, TJ and Piutau, all the other starters have started a test against either the Wallabies or Boks. :)

NO RUCHIE BRO!

DUSRISPICT!!!!

Nah seriously, its a good opportunity for the other blokes to have a go. But this must be the lowest cap count (around 320-odd) the ABs have put out in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.