• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Also worth remembering TK isn't the incumbent. Did he even start any tests last year? Seemed to remember we kept JOC (James O'Connor) at 13 for most of the season, bar a few minnow RWC games.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Also worth remembering TK isn't the incumbent. Did he even start any tests last year? Seemed to remember we kept JOC (James O'Connor) at 13 for most of the season, bar a few minnow RWC games.

He started against South Africa and Argentina at the start of the Rugby Championship but then JOC (James O'Connor) came in for the Perth Bledisloe and stayed there for the rest of the season (barring the Uruguayu game at the RWC).

JOC (James O'Connor) is the incumbent but hard to see him staying at 13 (although maybe it's an option if he's not picked to start at 10).

Hopefully Petaia plays 13 now for the Reds and has some strong games.

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
If I was going to pick a Wallabies 23 and a 34 man squad right now it would be:

1. Slipper
2. Fainga'a
3. Tupou
4. Salakaia-Loto
5. Philip
6. Valetini
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Koroibete
12. To'omua
13. Petaia
14. Wright
15. Maddocks

16. Horton 17. Sio 18. Ala'alatoa 19. Simmons 20. Wright 21. Gordon 22. Harrison 23. Ramm

Squad:
Prop: Johnson-Holmes,
Hooker: Uelese
Lock: Blyth, Hosea
Backrow: Dempsey, Naisarani
Half: White
Fly half: Lolesio
Centre: Kuridrani
Back three: Haylett-Petty, Daugunu

I can't pick White on the back of zero rugby but I'd want him in the squad to have a look at.
Just 1 ? Wright 14 & 20

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Any bolters from the Force a chance? I know winning helps but have been impressed with Byron Ralston, he should be up there in discussions with Wright and Ramm.

Also Lee-Warner a good one to develop for the future.

Kyle Godwin played much better last week, given lack of depth in the centres he could push for a spot by the end of the season.

A shame Placid has been injured and now Ferris.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Any bolters from the Force a chance? I know winning helps but have been impressed with Byron Ralston, he should be up there in discussions with Wright and Ramm.

Also Lee-Warner a good one to develop for the future.

Kyle Godwin played much better last week, given lack of depth in the centres he could push for a spot by the end of the season.

A shame Placid has been injured and now Ferris.
As you mention, Godwin and Ralston, and Lee-Warner could do a Bradbury, but probably only the wider squad at this stage. Lance could be an outside chance but I’m guessing they’d rather develop the young fellas on a risk/return basis.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I thought Harrison clearly outplayed Lance on the weekend, and I don't think Harrison's ready yet. For mine Lance is a journeyman, reliable at Super level, but certainly not test quality. With Lolesio injured, I think it's JOC (James O'Connor) as stop-gap 10. Deegan has only had two Super rugby starts, in one of which he was very good, way too early to pencil him in yet.

I really like what I've seen of Ralston, but not sure he is in front of Koro, Daugunu, Wright or Ramm yet. I have heard sillier ideas than Lee-Warner, wouldn't mind seeing him in a squad.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Can I ask what sites have good stats for Rugby AU. I am not having much luck finding any player stats.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If I was going to pick a Wallabies 23 and a 34 man squad right now it would be:

1. Slipper
2. Fainga'a
3. Tupou
4. Salakaia-Loto
5. Philip
6. Valetini
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Koroibete
12. To'omua
13. Petaia
14. Wright
15. Maddocks

16. Horton 17. Sio 18. Ala'alatoa 19. Simmons 20. Wright 21. Gordon 22. Harrison 23. Ramm

Squad:
Prop: Johnson-Holmes,
Hooker: Uelese
Lock: Blyth, Hosea
Backrow: Dempsey, Naisarani
Half: White
Fly half: Lolesio
Centre: Kuridrani
Back three: Haylett-Petty, Daugunu

I can't pick White on the back of zero rugby but I'd want him in the squad to have a look at.

Might get a chance to see him in the last few games. Has been training and has been quoted in the Canberra Times as being fit to play and hopeful of getting some time on the field.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Can I ask what sites have good stats for Rugby AU. I am not having much luck finding any player stats.
You can get top 5 here:

https://www.rugby.com.au/competitions/super rugby au

Hard to find individual stats for players outside the top 5 but you can look at ESPN for individual matches.

Looking at some of those stats for top five players, Ramm is first for both defenders beaten and clean breaks and 3rd for attacking metres. Hard to leave him out of the squad on those numbers.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
P.S. Jordies not new. I love TK, but I would be close to benching him for the Brumbies..

TK is definitely no longer on Wallaby radar at this point and I agree Brumbies should be planning ahead for 13 next season- as TK off contract end of this year and time for "L" to get some game time at 13 (cripes I really am bad at names and spelling for anything hard to remember/non typical - be gentle G&GR posters as I generally struggle to remember names for people I know well in my personal circles - just not my skill set - early dementia candidate for sure - but tbh there are some anal posters on here who think it is terrible to not remember how to spell every single person who plays semi pro or pro rugby).

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
You can get top 5 here:

https://www.rugby.com.au/competitions/super rugby au

Hard to find individual stats for players outside the top 5 but you can look at ESPN for individual matches.

Looking at some of those stats for top five players, Ramm is first for both defenders beaten and clean breaks and 3rd for attacking metres. Hard to leave him out of the squad on those numbers.
Thanks UTG. I was hoping for a more comprehensive stats list - but appreciate the reply.

Regarding Ramm, there are a host of guys putting their hands up. Ramm is certainly one of them. It’s good to have some genuine competition for spots.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Thanks UTG. I was hoping for a more comprehensive stats list - but appreciate the reply.

Regarding Ramm, there are a host of guys putting their hands up. Ramm is certainly one of them. It’s good to have some genuine competition for spots.
Download an app called Union Live

Reactions: TSR

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
TK is definitely no longer on Wallaby radar at this point and I agree Brumbies should be planning ahead for 13 next season- as TK off contract end of this year and time for "L" to get some game time at 13 (cripes I really am bad at names and spelling for anything hard to remember/non typical - be gentle G&GR posters as I generally struggle to remember names for people I know well in my personal circles - just not my skill set - early dementia candidate for sure - but tbh there are some anal posters on here who think it is terrible to not remember how to spell every single person who plays semi pro or pro rugby).
Are you thinking of Lalakai Foketi? He’s a good player, not quite Wallaby material though.

EDIT: I see now you are referring to Brumbies players. Len Ikatau is who you are thinking of I think