• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Positivity Thread . .

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm starting drinking at 2pm on Saturday arvo, get 2 matches of rugby for the price of 1 and I've found my last "Rooting for the Wallabies" Stubby Cooler!

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Well f"me, any wonder I've just stuck with the Marlins.
No seriously;
Yeah - I'm supporting Link, Hooper, and the team, jump on board with them they are our team.

• Mid this year after a great spring tour last year, taking down the French 3 Zip, and scoring tries people were positive - if i recall we equaled one of our better winning streaks.
  • Who stopped the AB's winning streak.
  • The Boks only just got over the line against the Argies in their 2 games
  • @ the 70th min mark we were ahead against the boks and our bench just wasn't up to it - note we are playing our 8th best hooker at the moment.
Fair crack of the fucking whip, support them, and our code, yeah times are tough at the moment but we have players returning, and a RWC next year.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I think we'll at least have some clarity on where we are at after Saturday's game.

If we win or go close, I think that shows that Link is still able to work well with the playing group and that he'll be our coach for the world cup.

If we lose badly, I think it will indicate that the set up is not working and I expect that Link will probably be shown the door and Jake White announced as the new coach.

Either way I think things should be on the mend after Saturday.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think we'll at least have some clarity on where we are at after Saturday's game.

If we win or go close, I think that shows that Link is still able to work well with the playing group and that he'll be our coach for the world cup.

If we lose badly, I think it will indicate that the set up is not working and I expect that Link will probably be shown the door and Jake White announced as the new coach.

your glass is half full AND half empty, isn't it?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

The challenge for Link is that the style of play he is trying to engender means when it goes wrong blow outs will happen.

Deans decided before the last RWC to keep the Wobs in games by playing tight

I know which I do prefer

T

Train Without a Station

Not really though HJ. Because for example, Slovenia would never make a World Cup.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Hard to make that kind of comparison. The fairer comparison would be to say that the socceroos' recent performances are much, much worse than the wallabies

D

daz

The Socceroos, ranked no. 84 in the world, just lost to the power house Qatar who are ranked 96.

Given that the Socceroos were ranked as high as 14 in 2009, that is one hell of a slide down the ladder in 5 years.

And while I understand there are far more teams in the FIFA code fighting for ranking spots, it does put the Wallaby drop from 2nd to 4th into perspective.

I think the Socceroos supporters might look at us with a tinge of envy, so maybe the sky isn't falling just yet.

;)

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Too much hate going on this week. Time for a bit of loving.

This Saturday we get to celebrate the career of one of the greatest Wallabies in the post-professional era. For as long as I have been supporting rugby, there has always been one bloke picked in the backline, who has always given 110% and bled gold, without being flashy or cocky and being a genuine nice guy.

Has anyone ever seen this man play a bad game of rugby? I know I haven't. After being used in every backline position except the halves, we probably could have forgiven him for becoming disillusioned and heading overseas, but he stuck with us and he kept faith in Australian Rugby.

It's time for us to repay that faith and thank him for all of his consistently excellent performances in the Gold jersey. That try in 2009 against the Boks in BrisVegas sticks out as a highlight, but it's hard to find much else when his entire career has been a highlight, such is his class.

100 Games.
9 years.
5 positions.
3 names.
2 dads.
1 outstanding bloke.

Thank you and Congratulations, Adam Ashley-Cooper.

Get around the #swoop100 tag on twitter, and lets really support Swoop and the boys on Saturday!