• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Positivity Thread . .

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
There's a chance I may be coming out to Ireland in time for the November test and I will absolutely be screaming my head off.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
A positive for me will be a clearing of the air if you like on Saturday. We'll either get blown off the paddock and thus have to start again or we'll give a good account of ourselves and stay the course.

Oh and we get to celebrate the career of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), a hundred tests is a great achievement for a fine servant of the game in this country.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Avoid Templebar and any pub owned by current Leinster players then you'll have a great time and not get ripped off!

Luckily I may have a local guide in my mate Aaron who I work with online at times.

His opinion matches yours so now I know he must be alright, hahaha.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Avoid Templebar and any pub owned by current Leinster players then you'll have a great time and not get ripped off!
Dublin was just featured on a U.S. show called The Getaway (comedian Dave Koechner spent a weekend there with his wife and he hosted the show). Two things that stood out:

1.) One local said Templebar is a place no one goes.
2.) Another local said "People think we're like a nation of drinkers, but then again we like a drink."

whammy-champ-kind-t-shirt.jpg

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Luckily I may have a local guide in my mate Aaron who I work with online at times.

His opinion matches yours so now I know he must be alright, hahaha.
If you wander around the back paths in St. Stephen's Green, you very well may catch some people doin' it. I did a couple of times, once on a bridge and once behind the Oscar Wilde statue.

Also, if the Book of Kells is on show at Trinity, see if you can get them to trip the alarm. They have a James Bond-level security contraption, with steel shutters and a trap door.

If you're into seeing bands, it's also worth taking a look at who's playing around town. I lived there for a few years about a decade ago, and I saw more and better American bands in Dublin than I ever did in the states -- and that was just the American bands. The city was a revolving door of musical awesome.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
The Wallabies just played entertaining rugby and pushed the ABs for an entire game.

Despite some serious issues, there is obviously some decent talent in the Wallaby squad.

Over the TRC, we've drawn and nearly beat the best team in the world, beat the second best and damn near beat them again on their home track.

The NRC has proven there's going to be a whole heap of young talent coming through not too long away.

Last night I almost felt sick, but scratch the surface a little bit and there's some hope. Maybe not RWC 2015 hope, but beyond that hope.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
We've completed the home and away season of the NRC, which has been extremely successful with some entertaining rugby. Pulver has a lot to be proud of.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Christian Lealiifano showed that he is still capable of playing really well at 12 in big Test matches. Great news
With Lilo (12) and To'omua (12/10), TK (13/12) and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (14/13) not to mention Godwin and to a lesser extent Inman, Kerevi etc. waiting in the wings our stocks in the midfield suddenly look pretty good.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Further to that. I think we seriously do have the cattle to compete with SA and NZ. Absolutely we do.

We just need to keep at it, and hope we can avoid a serious injury toll next year and we'll be in a position to be very competitive provided the boys commit to working hard and keeping their heads down

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Heaps of positives (at least on-field) after that game. I think collectively nearly every player on the field played well and played collectively as one.

It was great to watch. One of the best test matches I've ever watched.

Lilo was immense and that has boosted the depth of the 12 position massively. I'm not sure who is first choice, To'omua or Lilo and Godwin will be pushing the both of them too.

Kuridrani - He has moved a 100 Test cap player to the wing and that is no mean feat. He is the new Mortlock we have been waiting for.

Phipps was great too.

Fainga showed that the gap between Moore and TPN isnt as large as we thought. Been really impressed with him.

Scrum always seems to have at least one dominate scrum that awards us a penalty per game. Which is great to see.

Fardy is back to his back. Slipper world-class, Kepu using his bulk, Carter played superbly.

LOTS OF POSITIVES!