• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks, Saturday 19th August, ANZ Stadium Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
True. England V All Blacks would be nice viewing at the moment though. I'd say All Blacks by 10 only.
All blacks will win.

Australia actually showed they can play. They just need to defend better. But they will fix that and it will be another issue next week. Surley world rugby needs to look into NZ though. It doesn't add up

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
He was horrible in attack and his defense was shocking. If TK had started there is no way we would have been down 40 at half time. Kervei was at fault in the first 3 tries. He is there for his attack but the Wallabies looked so much better with the ball in hand when TK was outside of Foley and Beale.
Our defensive frailties in the mid-field began when Kerevi was introduced against England last year. I hate to point the finger at one player but he is a huge all around problem for this side.
Beale/TK next week with Hodge on the bench.
Beale vs All Blacks several years ago.

Worst performance by any wallaby. Ever.

Laughed it up afterwards as if it were no biggie.

Using your logic, he should never have got a jersey ever again, yet here we are and he's still playing (and I'm going to guess you don't have an issue with him playing).

Kerevi had shocker and I'd make do some real homework before picking him again, but to say he should never play again is truly next level spastic.

How about we target those players while played heaps of games and repeatedly make the same mistakes again and again and again? Phipps can't pass and pisses the referee off, and Foley throws intercepts and gets charged down a lot. How about we drop them and never play them again?

See how spastic that sounds?

That's what your doing.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
It is pure bloody mindedness that In the press conference Chekia says the team needs to doggedly stick to the system

Reminds me of that clip going around of Hooper in a huddle addressing the team. The video applauded his Captaincy skills bringing the team together - but then you actually listen to what he says - something along the lines of stop committing to the breakdown, we don't go into the ruck. - WTF.

Some clearly poor strategies and systems going on behind the scenes.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I blame coaching more then skill. Take a look at England and Eddie Jones, same players were just as bad in their home RWC and completely turned it around with a new coach.

The Reds skill was high under McKenzie, as soon as he left, same players completely fell apart.

Sure there is a clear skill difference between NZ and Aus - but not 50+ points. This coach is playing the same one-dimensional game-plan and just rotating different unworthy players. It's ridiculous.

Eddie flogged the skills component and the NH sides have improved out of sight in terms of skills over the past few years.

I agree Re:- the Reds, but not really the same players, post 2011 QC (Quade Cooper) injured and has never looked the same. Ioane gone, Higgers gone, Chmabers..... so many gone left with the journeymen who are a good backbone but don't form the complete side and they declined pretty bad while Link was still there with the assistance of Woody.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
You realise the defence was just as bad when Horne was at 13. It just isn't Kerevi, its the crap systems. The same crap systems and attitudes that saw the Tahs end with their worst ever defensive record. 50 missed tackles in a test match. That isn't just Kerevi.
No, but he certainly does not help Gnostic. I think we can all agree that the systems are crap and that we need a new defense coach. However. the attitude has to be there as well and Kerevi was dodging the front line most of the night.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
All blacks will win.

Australia actually showed they can play. They just need to defend better. But they will fix that and it will be another issue next week. Surley world rugby needs to look into NZ though. It doesn't add up

Dropping Kerevi will fix 2 tries right there.

But then we'd want to take back at least 2 tries from the All Blacks from them taking a foot of the pedal and also some very generous ref decisions.

Even so, if we swap some players in the same systems the result may be closer but that doesn't mean we are any closer to actually winning.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Seriously??
There were so many massive problems with the Wallabies in that game and you single out Moore?

Obviously there was so much more but it was pointed out already and will continue to be. Moore was the worst player on the field in the first half, closely followed by kerevi. I just highlighted Moore as he puts so much pressure on those inside and outside him to make decisions because he can't move laterally or close space, no matter how quick his brain might read things his body just can't get there. I could write a novel on Nathan grey and the wallabies ability to tackle with their arms and not their shoulders but I cant be bothered.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

Using your logic, he should never have got a jersey ever again, yet here we are and he's still playing (and I'm going to guess you don't have an issue with him playing).

Kerevi had shocker and I'd make do some real homework before picking him again, but to say he should never play again is truly next level spastic.

How about we target those players while played heaps of games and repeatedly make the same mistakes again and again and again? Phipps can't pass and pisses the referee off, and Foley throws intercepts and gets charged down a lot. How about we drop them and never play them again?

That's what your doing.

Dropping Foley and Phipps doesn't sound spastic. It sounds logical ;)

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
No, but he certainly does not help Gnostic. I think we can all agree that the systems are crap and that we need a new defense coach. However. the attitude has to be there as well and Kerevi was dodging the front line most of the night.

I don't see it that way, the system is all over the place and poor strategic defenders like Kerevi, Foley and Beale need to be helped with some clear strong systems, not fluid all over the place rubbish that chops and changes and exposes the lack of pace on the wings. FFS Squires outpaced the Wallaby backline on the wing. Twice. Ioane looked like he walked around Folau, yes he is fast but in the space of 10 metres he just stepped around Folau who saw him doing it. Kerevi is a poor defender, it has been well discussed, my point is that Kurindrani will not make shite systems good or fix the other issues. Not that I'm advocating for Kerevi's selection or anyone else.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Kerevi has always been too ploddish to play anywhere other than 12. We got sliced up tonight and not just when they scored. Tk is much lighter in his feet and works like a fucking slave in defence. Of course, we go 3 or 4 tests with 1 through 12 getting raped and ppl think the solution is to replace he 13 with someone slower.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The lions. It's 4 country's. In one. That doesn't count. It's once every 12 years.

Ireland yes but it was a once off fluke.

So you will tune in next week and the week after untill they finally lose a game after 20 or so wins

It's just the same thing every weekend.

Except it wasn't just a one off. They ran them close in the next game as well, even with injury issues.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)

That's what your doing.

Spastic is probably not a good term to use?
Maybe he could be used against lesser opposition with a Meakes type character inside of him.
But for now he should not be there. It's possible that "never again" is not justified but I cannot see it personally.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I don't see it that way, the system is all over the place and poor strategic defenders like Kerevi, Foley and Beale need to be helped with some clear strong systems, not fluid all over the place rubbish that chops and changes and exposes the lack of pace on the wings. FFS Squires outpaced the Wallaby backline on the wing. Twice. Ioane looked like he walked around Folau, yes he is fast but in the space of 10 metres he just stepped around Folau who saw him doing it. Kerevi is a poor defender, it has been well discussed, my point is that Kurindrani will not make shite systems good or fix the other issues. Not that I'm advocating for Kerevi's selection or anyone else.

It's a combination of both. Poor systems and poor selections. Kerevi a stand-out poor performer, but that is surely magnified by selecting a poor defender inside and outside him. Kerevi would have surely looked better if he had either Gits, Lilo inside him - players who can manage a defensive line.

The system is poor.

Selecting a poor defenders at 10.12. and 13 is batshit crazy too.

It's like Cheika want's to magnify our weaknesses rather then balance them out. Just like how he selects poor kickers at flyhalf and fullback.

JT0406

Allen Oxlade (6)
And the circus act continues on to the national side - 40 v 6 half time score with 37 missed tackles (vs 9 AB). So hard being a Wobbly supporter over the years with performances like tonight - anyone sane would have cut there losses long time ago! That semi final game in the '91 world cup against the Irish holds my faith, only just...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ideally Meakes comes into 12 with Kurindrani at 13 and Beale drops back to 15. Folau is sent to the right wing and Speight is on the left. And then, wait hold the fucking phone, we wouldn't need to do a big line dance to change everyone's positions in defence. But why pick players in their proper positions when you can just needlessly complicate everything with thousands of moving parts?

Folau defended pretty poorly on the wing. I don't think it's an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.