• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks, Saturday 21st October, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
OK.

Cheika, I put you on warning after Bled #1. You deserved it, and for it to be carried through to the end of the EOYT.

But I'm letting you off that particular hook. We are on an upward trend. Hell, next time I'd like to see you perform against the darkness when it actually matters.

But you (and the team) deserve this one. As do the fans.

Well done.

[Love the style of play. Love the attitude. Love the approach.]

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
No doubt Foley had a poor game, probably his worst of the season.

I think the good thing here is we are playing a game which isn't based around any one player succeeding or failing.

Some players really stood up and had blinders. A lot of players just did their job. A couple of players had average to poor games. I think the fact that we can beat the best team in the world with that is testament to the fact that it's a solid strategy. It lives and dies on the team and not one or two players.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And the best thing about it is, we still have a great deal of improvement left in us. Seriously. There's still a lot of work left leading into 2019 for this team but the signs are good.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Thoroughly deserved win to Straya. McMahon MOTM.

Garbage from NZ. Stone cold fucking garbage. Usual complacent dogshit venomless dead rubber effort in first 50 then oh fuck someone do something, even though Aus have dropped the ball 54 times the scoreboard says we might lose this fucker, where's Richie OH SHIT, rudderless panic stations, what do we do, Coles is running around lookign for a scrap, Kaino's at the club looking for a root, Ben from Accounts is at home in tears watching the caretaker dwarf at fullback shit the bed in ever increasing pinwheeling circles, Sopoaga is refusing to take the fucker out of 3rd gear, Money Bill shit for brains is trying his first ever fucking grubber kick with the All Blacks final possession of a rugby football test match and the red heads/blue heads era is being consigned to the goddamn history books just prior to being burnt with fire, then lynched, then guillotined, and then burnt with yet more fucking burning fire.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
For the second time against the AB's, when things have got a bit heated and the ref has asked the captains to have a word, Hooper gets the side together and does so, Reed takes no notice. Don't get me wrong, I think he one of the greatest players in the world, but that's just arrogance! Probably needs to take some responsibility when they then found themselves on the wrong side of seven penalties in a row.

Kev

Herbert Moran (7)
Well the TAB was obviously closed when I decided that tonight but I'll stand by it going forward! Seriously, you would have to agree that was a great win made all the more impressive given our 10 was his usual disastrous self.

Indeed! It is mindblowing that we beat the All Blacks even with Foley having an off night!

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Very much a team effort tonight. Odd in a way. Agree the back row was outstanding. Locks and front row solid without anyone being a huge standout. I thought Genia was good. 10 and 12 were poor in my view. Kurindrani was quiet and the back 3 were great with the very limited opportunities they had. Nobody truly starred in the backline of the tight five. Apart from the back row it was a very even solid team performance.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
For the second time against the AB's, when things have got a bit heated and the ref has asked the captains to have a word, Hooper gets the side together and does so, Reed takes no notice. Don't get me wrong, I think he one of the greatest players in the world, but that's just arrogance! Probably needs to take some responsibility when they then found themselves on the wrong side of seven penalties in a row.

Completely agree. It was embarrassing garbage. Read walks back to stand silently next to Coles, who'd spent the last 20 minutes looking for a scrap and mouthing off to everyone in gold and generally completely forgetting about, oh, I don't know, say, WINNING THE F**KING TEST MATCH. Senior players my cock.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I agree with what your saying about Read - I really do find him hard to take - but I’d be betting that Hoopers chat to the troops didn’t involve telling them to back off.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Thoroughly deserved win to Straya. McMahon MOTM.

Garbage from NZ. Stone cold fucking garbage. Usual complacent dogshit venomless dead rubber effort in first 50 then oh fuck someone do something, even though Aus have dropped the ball 54 times the scoreboard says we might lose this fucker, where's Richie OH SHIT, rudderless panic stations, what do we do, Coles is running around lookign for a scrap, Kaino's at the club looking for a root, Ben from Accounts is at home in tears watching the caretaker dwarf at fullback shit the bed in ever increasing pinwheeling circles, Sopoaga is refusing to take the fucker out of 3rd gear, Money Bill shit for brains is trying his first ever fucking grubber kick with the All Blacks final possession of a rugby football test match and the red heads/blue heads era is being consigned to the goddamn history books just prior to being burnt with fire, then lynched, then guillotined, and then burnt with yet more fucking burning fire.
One of the more insightful post game analysis pieces I’ve read .

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
One more thing I'll say about Foley. He will rarely if ever win us a game with his goal kicking (will get 6/6 easily after 6 tries have been scored), but he has often lost us a game through his goal kicking and nearly did again tonight. Wallabies have lost a few in the past couple of years where they've scored more tries but have been let down by poor goal kicking. Thank bloody goodness for Hodge tonight.

Very hard to pick between Dempsey and McMahon for motm. Tui had great involvements after he replaced Simmons, who had been as ineffectual as usual. That last kick off take saved the game imo. Dunedin all over again was very much on the cards.

A great result for the Wallabies, and even better given the ordinary games more than a couple of the players put in.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Completely agree. It was embarrassing garbage. Read walks back to stand silently next to Coles, who'd spent the last 20 minutes looking for a scrap and mouthing off to everyone in gold and generally completely forgetting about, oh, I don't know, say, WINNING THE F**KING TEST MATCH. Senior players my cock.
I don't get Coles' deal looking for a scrap all the time. Tactical or is just a general dickhead?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

Over on PR your lot are being far too gracious in defeat. I prefer your rage much, much more.

Reactions: TSR

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I’ve had my crack at Foley as well in the past - so my apologies if this is a bit hypercritical- but maybe we can give the Foley analysis a miss. It has been done to death and I don’t see anyone changing their currently held view.

Given we just beat the ABs maybe we could celebrate the positives.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
This is a huge turnaround for Nathan Grey. From fighting for his job after the first Bledisloe to an amazing defensive performance against the All Blacks 6 tests later.

Clearly we now need to find consistency but the Wallabies were outstanding in defence.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)

Do you really think that in that forwards huddle (that's right the "conversation" involved no backs) that Hooper was saying "hey guys, I'm guessing you didn't notice, but the ref has shits and he thinks you are pushing the line about what is legal and what clearly isn't"? Now, I'm really hoping that your response is "hell yes, that is what Hooper was talking about, what a great captain." Because then I can think that the ref has a 1 in 100 chance of thinking the same thing. And Hooper steps up in my estimation on his management duties. And yes, he did better than his opponent captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.