• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v England, Sat 11th June, 8.00pm, Suncorp Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
England team announced

Brown, Watson, Joseph, Burrell, Yarde, Farrell Youngs; Vunipola, Hartley(c), Cole, Itoje, Kruis, Robshaw, Vunipola and Haskell.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 179

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Unfortunately Kuridrani has been the K-train for a few years. To me anyway

A moniker probably stolen the Sydney Kings' basketball player of a few years back, Dwayne McLain - "D-Train".

And it rhymed.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
England team announced

Brown, Watson, Joseph, Burrell, Yarde, Farrell Youngs; Vunipola, Hartley(c), Cole, Itoje, Kruis, Robshaw, Vunipola and Haskell.

So Itoje at lock? I think his best position is 6 - he will be a great England player over the next ten years, wherever he plays. That's four athletic locks with Launchbury and Lawes on the bench - and they are all handy in the air.

And Farrell instead of Ford at flyhalf? Maybe because of Ford's poor goal-kicking. Get ready for a kicking game Wallabies if you are not already. And watch out for the running game of Ford when he comes from the bench.

Haskell at openside - the tradition of 2 x 6½s continues from Six Nations and years earlier.

Burrell at 12? Pom fans will be hoping that the excellent 13 Joseph gets the ball.

I was hoping to watch Slade, a Swiss-army knife of a player, with an essence of Will Greenwood in him, at inside centre. He was out for 3 months of the season including the Six Nations period but you'd think he did enough since then to be in the 23.

Watch out for LHP Mako Vunipola's arse pointing in the direction of the sideline at scrum time - he makes Joe Marler look like a piker - and look for Cole putting his hands on the ground in front of the ball before he tries to poach it.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
aaiope ob
Punters on (NZ) TAB, Sportsbet & bet365 all have Australia at ~1.65 & Poms at ~2.30. Or is that one of your patented "X by 50" baiting of the Rugby Gods?
Not at all, the NH teams will be at their best in the first test while our lot starts a new cycle after the WC. Eddie Jones know the Wallabies nrs. Think the Bokke will also lost the plot.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Same betting sites have your blokes at similar odds to AB, ~1.10 to Ireland's ~6.50. I'd be giving serious thought to a SANZA multi if it were paying 3's or over.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'll trade your AR for ours (Rock Peyper Scissors) any day, :).

Poite is a pedant esp at scrum time but generally only early on: do the basics right for the first 20-odd & he'll cut you some slack later in the game. Jackson's not much of a ref IMO but as an AR does have the advantage over RPS (& a few others) of not sticking his nose in where it's not needed & seemingly just because he can.

Many rugby fans would be hoping that Commodore Bainimarama declares martial law and interns George Clancy and JP Doyle before the Fiji v Samoa test.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
In truth, his form hasn't been off nearly as much as some here are lamenting. He has been used primarily this year by the Brumbies as a straight running battering ram. When he actually catches and holds the ball, he most often makes metres, and more recently has been more and more threatening. Gave the last pass to JJH for his maiden Super Rugby try after making a line break, and iirc scored a try or two himself in recent games. He does look a bit down on pace but hopefully that will be rectified for the test.

I am looking forward to seeing how the two K's work together in the centres. Kerevi has the ability to beat a tackle or bust the defensive line with footwork as well as bulk, and he is adept at getting the ball to close supports. TK just might get a few opportunities to find open space after a Kerevi bust and he's very hard to stop once he gets going.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
That is exactly the starting side I would have picked.
Bench is a little different and we are lacking options in the backs if one or more debutants struggles.
I would have gone for a traditional 5/3 split omitting Mumm and including Hodge or Hunt. It's going to be won and lost up front and Cheika is battening down the hatches for a big assault at the coal face.

K-Train.....Yowza!

edit - KK-Train I should say

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
WTH you pick a 3th openside on the bench if you have 2 at the starting XV? I think is just to keep happy the Melburnians for the tickets sale

Status
Not open for further replies.