• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v England, Sat 11th June, 8.00pm, Suncorp Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I know but Foley makes me nervous. It's too unfair that a team who scored 2 tries was winning only 10-9 when the opposite side only scored by penalty kicks. If you don't have a top class kicker you should try to score as close to the posts as possible, it's difficult and is not common but it's more an expression of desire than an order. Foley can't kick from corners, his famous kick vs Crusaders was in fron of the posts. Far but in fron of the posts.

No, no, no. Blame Australia for giving away stupid penalties. Under the point system you mentioned earlier Australia still lost that test 30-34.

Every team plays under the same rules. If Australia is the only team stupid enough to frequently give away kick able penalties they deserve to lose. Not only kickable but the first penalty of the game gifted England easy exit from there 22 zone.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would do bad things to have Maro Itoje in a gold jumper rather than a white one for the next decade.

He was bloody good wasn't he? Maybe it had more to do with him than the Hask that the Pooper was disturbed at the breakdown.
Let's keep it in perspective though. After the RWC it's a turnover period and all 3 NH sides have had a 6Ns campaign with their new squads. They had more cohesion and were able to adapt when needed.
All 3 Sanzar sides will be better for the run next week.
Losing Simmons was a big blow for us at the set piece as well.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Jeez I'm glad a few if you aren't in the coaching setup. Community Services would be around to nab you for child abuse: babies thrown out with bath water.

England have a bit if improvement in them. We have more. It is all down to who brings that in Melbourne.

It is concerning that we were out-thought a couple of times, but there will be a bit of spot rust to grind off at training this week. Ledesma is going to have a big effect on that scrum, and the balloons backs* tactics will be tweaked a little.

Two bounces if the ball go our way and we win that game at a canter

* Fuck you, Autocorrect

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Jeez I'm glad a few if you aren't in the coaching setup. Community Services would be around to nab you for child abuse: babies thrown out with bath water.

England have a bit if improvement in them. We have more. It is all down to who brings that in Melbourne.

It is concerning that we were out-thought a couple of times, but there will be a bit of spot rust to grind off at training this week. Ledesma is going to have a big effect on that scrum, and the balloons tactics will be tweaked a little.

Two bounces if the ball go our way and we win that game at a canter

Only change would be Slipper.

The style looks good and the rust won't be there next week. Just need to be more disciplined and we should win by 20.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
i have never seen lilo as test standard

Prefer to see hunt or hodge replace him on the bench for second test with giving kerevi another go.

Horwill would have to start ahead of Arnold I would have thought

And Kepu and slipper made strong case to be the starters with sio and Holmes the finishers

Good to see dhp cement his place with great debut.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Was good to see the refs finally warning the poms about holding players back right at the death when Poite was told about it at the start.

And the neck rolls being let off?

T

TOCC

It was Folau that threw the pass... TOCC was just being sensitive.

Unlike your outburst over criticism of Scot Sio's poor performance...

Yes I took offence to you blaming Kerevi for attempting to clean up someone else's mistake, it doesn't matter whether Folau through the pass or Lealifano through the pass, or whether Foley should have caught it, I'm not going to blame an individual for what's the fault of multiple players, that's just what happens in team sports..

That's the last I'm going to say on that subject.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
My preference was a twin playmaker set up. Cheika chose not just a single playmaker, but a 6/2 bench.

It came undone.

But he should stick with it! At this point we have to grimace at the POMs getting one up but what a hell of a hit out for shaking out bugs.

Possible rotate Sio and Slipper which is no biggy as there are 6 blokes in an Aussie front row.

We just invested heavily in Arnold. Hold steady to the course, it will pay off before the Rugby Championship.

Foley is not my ideal 10. I'd take someone like Quade every time. BUT he is not only the best, but good enough for us to stick to a single play maker. He gets better every time.

That means Kerevi is like Arnold. An investment. Touch dodgy for me, but calm the horses and hold to the path.

DHP and Folau is a bit like our LHP policy. There are three at the back, swap these two if needed. And of course that is too much pressure on FB, no room for Hunt, who is theonly other second playmaker to be considered. Unfortunately the answer is no.

Horne is tricky, we need more speed but is it available? Solid servant in the mean time. Simmons will be dictated by injury, swap to Horwill if needed.

Cant see too many changes on the bench either. Maybe 5/3 but I dont know.

Hold onto our nerves. Grinder on the rust in training with some obvious points to work on. Cant wait till game two.

T

TOCC

Simmons injury looked fairly bad, so bring in Horwill, Coleman to the bench and rotate Sio for Slipper

T

TOCC

My preference was a twin playmaker set up. Cheika chose not just a single playmaker, but a 6/2 bench.

It came undone.

The interesting thing though, is that Horne went off at the 25/30min? mark and the Wallabies played the majority of the match with 2 playmakers with Lealifano at 12 and Kerevi pushing to the wing. It's a shame To'omua isn't fit at the moment

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The interesting thing though, is that Horne went off at the 25/30min? mark and the Wallabies played the majority of the match with 2 playmakers with Lealifano at 12 and Kerevi pushing to the wing. It's a shame To'omua isn't fit at the moment

Yep. Not sure that they had trained for it, or that CLL was sharp enough. We sure miss Beale (wash my mouth out with soap.)

A couple of things can only have helped the opposition. The backs shape got turned on its arse early. Our primary LO caller came off too soon. This time we were on the wrong side of Poite (cant whinge, it has worked for us before). [Of course England took their opportunities in a fabulous game.]

Unlikely this will all happen again. Round 2 with the same make up, please.

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
You think Folau's best test is still his debut against the Lions?

Without doubt it was an outstanding debut but I think most of the test's he's played since have been better than that.

He should stay at fullback. Kuridrani played well at 13 tonight where Folau has also been outstanding in Super Rugby.

Folau was still our most dangerous player in attack and outstanding under the high ball. We want him touching the ball more not less.

I am not criticising Folau in the least. I just believe he would be better used at wing. There's no reason he should touch the ball less at wing, think Digby Ioane.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Just watching the replay now. Man Poite was worse than I remembered. Made two straight out incorrect calls which led to England's first two PGs - Itoje never released our ball carrier but he gave England the penalty, and then he gets Pocock for 'hands in the ruck' where there was no ruck formed and DP had all rights to the ball.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I am not criticising Folau in the least. I just believe he would be better used at wing. There's no reason he should touch the ball less at wing, think Digby Ioane.

Nah. Folau was dangerous last night. Horne's wing is an issue but DHP looks at home. If Tomane was fit it wouldn't be a problem.

Maybe we should play Hooper at wing next week, he is faster than Horne and then Gill can play 7;)

Status
Not open for further replies.