• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Italians

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
anyone watch the dressing room video on the ARU web site?

They were chatting with O'Connor and Morty comes up to congratulate and says "Mate, well done. Did you get a double?" and O'Connor had to tell him "triple".

Did Morty really not know? I find that really strange???

Scotty

David Codey (61)
PS I think the ref favoured the Italians a bit at the breakdown. They were allowed to lie all over the ball on occasions.

R

rugbywhisperer

By lying you mean actually diving to ground on our side - don't you

S

Spook

http://www.rugbystats.com.au/matches/rugby/match2283.html

These stats appear to confirm my concerns about Mumm and Brown. Mumm is going to be dropped if he doesn't pull his finger out. I don't think he had a particularly good S14 either.

Brown can't get over the advantage line.

Name
Tackles
Offloads
T/Overs
Runs/Metres
Ruck/Maul
Missed Tackles

George Smith
9 (33m)

Dean Mumm

Richard Brown
4 (9m)

Smith tops tackle count for second week in a row.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Rugby stats are always pretty subjective - how is the Ruck/Maul stat counted? I didn't notice Mumm out there very much which is what I judge it on, but then he must definitely have been in at least one ruck or maul during the game so how is his count zero?

Is that three turnovers conceded for Smith? He knocked on at least twice at first receiver.

Noddy said:

Well he was probably a bit too busy playing rugby ::) They're not watching from three or four angles with multiple replays like us, even if it is on the big screen.

As for the ref - was his first Test ever.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
The one that blows my socks off is Mumms tackle count. How do you manage that at 6?

Even re-watching the game, I still couldn't see him.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
NTA said:
Noddy said:

Well he was probably a bit too busy playing rugby ::) They're not watching from three or four angles with multiple replays like us, even if it is on the big screen.

oh fuck off. How hard is it to work out who scored a try? In all your years of rugby did you ever not know who scored a try for your team? Someone's going to claim it.

No, a more realistic reason is, I believe, that Morty had gone off the field at that stage and was probably busy inside or elsewhere knowing his team had one. The thought that he was on the field and didn't know who had scored is really quite silly.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Noddy said:
oh fuck off.

Good morning to you too, tinkerbell.

How hard is it to work out who scored a try? In all your years of rugby did you ever not know who scored a try for your team? Someone's going to claim it.

Well, I generally have an idea of who scored, but I'm a little busy to keep count of everyone's tally though. The difference between 0 and 1 tries is significant. The difference between 2 and 3 isn't really (especially when its a back scoring them).

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
NTA said:
Rugby stats are always pretty subjective - how is the Ruck/Maul stat counted? I didn't notice Mumm out there very much which is what I judge it on, but then he must definitely have been in at least one ruck or maul during the game so how is his count zero?

Ruck/maul stats, from my understanding, are only awarded for the first 2 - 3 people there.

My guess is that Brown might be moved to blindside to accomodate Palu (or vice versa), and Mumm goes to the bench unless he improves - a lot.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Regarding tries, as a (quite a crappy) flanker in subbies I sometimes don't know (maybe 20%) who scores a try as I tend to be buggering around in a ruck beforehand, and by the time you're up and looking around everyone is congratulating everyone, or people are trotting back not giving a shit that we just scored the try to make it 26 - 5 against us.

Mortlock, though, must have been elsewhere not to realise...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gagger said:
The one that blows my socks off is Mumms tackle count. How do you manage that at 6?

Even re-watching the game, I still couldn't see him.

if the stats are right he did absolutely nothing for 60 minutes other than make 2 tackles! Oh he missed 4 tackles. But it says he didn't even take a lineout win? Can that be right???

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
It will be interesting to see what happens if Gower actually ends up running onto a pass as opposed to running away from the pill. A couple of times it almost hit him in the back of the noggin as he was crabbing across the field.

Halfway through the game I was wondering if the half back pair actually ever practiced together.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
so do we expect any changes?

Sounds like Lachie might be out? Hynes apparently in instead of Lote?

Will they rest others? I'd consider resting Stirlo for next week.

Possibly even rest Gits????

Mumm gone, but for who? Dual flyers with Waugh there? Or Pocock? Not Kimlin surely?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Blue said:
Halfway through the game I was wondering if the half back pair actually ever practiced together.

The scrumhalf was injured in the week before apparently. They got better when his replacement came on.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Spook said:
Mumm is going to be dropped if he doesn't pull his finger out. I don't think he had a particularly good S14 either.

Ahh, someone else noticed. This board was so full of the "who needs Rocky when we have McMinimum, Mumm and Higginbum" crap during S14 that its members failed to see that the Mums and Bums were kak.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
NTA said:
Blue said:

The scrumhalf was injured in the week before apparently. They got better when his replacement came on.

Gower simply shat himself with the pace and complexity of the game. Crabbed to find space, sat back in a pocket for the one good thing he did and pulled out a ludicrous droppy when it all got too much (as proven by his inability to re-start).

That's not to say he won't improve.....

Status
Not open for further replies.