• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harv

Herbert Moran (7)
Same nonsense. Not being direct. Not going forward before going wide. Forcing the pass. Crap kicking. Losing lineouts. Italy deserve to be a try or two up. Just awful and depressing.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Actually the "not straight" throws were set as the standard earlier - it's a bit harsh to start calling them now

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
20 minutes down and the wobblies have done nothing, Italy have had 2 tries disallowed, one of which was 100% fine - Forza Azzurri!!!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This whole passing the ball to the player who is already swamped by defenders is an interesting tactic............

Let’s see if it eventually pays off.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
This whole passing the ball to the player who is already swamped by defenders is an interesting tactic....

Let’s see if it eventually pays off.

Not only that but the pods are so deep, there’s been a few decent runs by Tupou and Rodda where they’ve made quality metres but they are so far behind the advantage line at the get go that it’s uselss

Also foley is butchering our chances out wide, there’s holes everywhere and he just can’t pick the right option

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Has Ashley-Cooper managed to pass the ball in the movements leading up to each try?

How many years did Australian coaches try to get him to do that?

:)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep, not sure why I wasted all that time watching the Wallabies when I could've watched the first half of Eng v Japan............

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
26-7 looks OK but it was very hard slog for the Wallabies until 30 mins in.

I think Foley looks way out of sorts at the moment and needs a rest. Poor passing and poor kicking and looked like a passenger at 12 with To'omua running things at 10. Folau was also below his best and the persistence of trying to push a pass when going to ground needs addressing. In a game where the Wallabies weren't really going anyway, pushing passes isn't the way to go.

Some forwards had a good game - Rodda when Sio was off was immense. Pocock was doing Pocock things before going off with a stinger. Hooper was good around the park.

In the backs AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) played pretty well for his first Test in 2 years and was instrumental in the 2 tries for Koroibete, who also had a pretty good game after coming into the side late in the week.

Oh, and here's Tupou's offload before his try..

Tupou.gif

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I called the 15 live but wasn't so sure on seeing the replay. Was he definitely offside?

Status
Not open for further replies.