• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Portugal, RWC Pool C, Mon 2 Oct 2.45AM

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Glad I didn’t get up to watch the game
How far have the wallabies fallen? Now Portugal is a tough hitout
We would loose to Italy at this rate - we are 1 ranking above them
Only thing good about this RWC for the wallabies is that it’s over and Eddie is gone

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Gee that crowd was hostile. Definitely an away game for us. A poor (likely) end to our year although we achieved the objective of a bonus point win to keep our RWC pulse alive. I wouldn’t write Portugal off v Fiji, they have a crack. What was the score when our 4ths played Portugal? Quite similar I think, shows how poor some of the selections were.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
There is one thing fellas, last WC Portugal weren't even good enough to play in Europend chamionship 4 years ago, they had been relegated tp European Trophy, that's 2 down from 6N so tier 3, and now they holding teams like Wallabies to 20 points, so it shows it doesn't take forever to improve with reasonable work.

NoName

Herbert Moran (7)
mediocre-mad-max.gif

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
2 tries by an amateur team

Thankfully the Fijians beat Georgia
Is there a ‘sky blue and white rugby’ forum you can hang out on instead? Even Italy scored 2 tries v the All Blacks in that drubbing. We didn’t play very well and had to take a few risks to ensure we got the bonus point. Got maximum points both in terms of the RWC pool and WR (World Rugby) rankings.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
How'd we go down to 13? We're the two yellows deserving or just soft yellows?
Either way, looking at the RWC site our discipline was bad again.
I'm in Fiji, so haven't had a chance to watch full game.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
How'd we go down to 13? We're the two yellows deserving or just soft yellows?
Either way, looking at the RWC site our discipline was bad again.
I'm in Fiji, so haven't had a chance to watch full game.
Faessler was offside in a maul and then 2 minutes later Kerevi got one the same as 4 years ago v Fiji where he got booked for fending a tackler with his elbow.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Is there a ‘sky blue and white rugby’ forum you can hang out on instead? Even Italy scored 2 tries v the All Blacks in that drubbing. We didn’t play very well and had to take a few risks to ensure we got the bonus point. Got maximum points both in terms of the RWC pool and WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) rankings.
Are u serious? Comparing Italy to Portugal, a professional rugby nation with more than 20 years playing at 6 Nations and 2 professional teams in United Rugby Championship

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I blame the 8 minutes we were down to 13 players for it. I was thinking near the end if we scored again how accurate the markets prediction was. I’ll blame the same 8 minutes for that too.
Wallabies scored when Portugal lost a man too

NoName

Herbert Moran (7)
To be fair to Kerevi, if he didn't raise his forearm late into that fend he was going to have a portugese head smashed directly into his face.

Still, it's the law of the game and not allowed. If he had have extended his arm straight out and grabbed the guy by his face and driven it head first into the ground it would have made the highlight reel as a legal fend. But it wasn't.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ok fellas, just got up here in NZ, as a neutral should I have a watch of game>
Yeah, I think so. Portugal came to play and start the game fast, Wallabies lift the pace from there. A few stoppages slow things down but most of the rugby is lively and played to win (rather than not lose).

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well @Tomthumb at least we beat Portugal, but that was shit leaking 2 tries against Portugal is unacceptable.

Our line out and maul was shit, Donaldson is shit and his goal kicking was shit. 2 yellow cards.

All remembering this was our best team. Thought Perese and Foketi were solid at times.

Valentini was good (11 carries, 75m).

Time to close a chapter on this dreadful WC for us.