• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Pumas - Saturday 17 September, nib Stadium Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I vote for mass releases to the NRC next weekend.

With only 3 rounds remaining, next week is potentially the last opportunity for a few players to get some gametime, particularly the non-playing and non-starting boys. Want em match fit for the Spring Tour. Sets up a few crackers too.

Rising v Vikings, firner topped up with Toby, Timani, Sefa and Sean, latter topped up with Arnold, Kuridrani and Speight, delicious.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
You southerners take some convincing!

He pretty much encapsulated his entire career in that game. He has the best pass in rugby and a decent boot. His running game and defense are average. He also panics in possession two or three times a game. He just can't nut up and run at the defensive line and take a hit. Barrett did it multiple times against SA in the previous game and if anything he's smaller.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
While I thought Barnes was a bit tough on our work at the breakdown, the number of penalties we conceded is a real concern.
Also a bit of lack of composure later on, some unecessary pushed passes and stupid kicks.
Genia clearly our best, others that were good imo were Coleman, Hooper, Foley, Kerevi, Hodge and TPN. Folau his worst game in gold, Cooper the usual mix of great and awful. How many times has this guy been carded for an illegal tackle? His tackling technique MUST change.
Set piece was impressive. Nathan Grey, who's had such a belting on this site, seemed to have a defence pattern for the Pumas pretty right.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Oh, on Barnes - to quote Gunston Inc:

wtf%20(2).gif

Pocock didn't go back on because he was slightly injured, but mostly because what was the fucking point? The ruck was a mess and I counted three clear turnovers he just didn't receive.

Then we get penalised for a knockdown (Hodge) which was OK, but an Argie player sticks a mitt out with no hope and he calls knock-on. Jeez mate - just some fucking consistency!

The talking points will be Quade, so let me get my comments out of the way:

Every tackle he makes, he looks like going for the strip. He was actually off that bad habit before he left for Europe, but appears to be back on it.

That said, the first Argie try came from Foley's miss on Tuculet. Foley missed a couple tonight, and I wonder if we can sustain both of them in the team against the Boks in Pretoria.

In any case, if it wasn't for Quade's pinpoint inside passes, we don't win that game by nearly as much. Also put in a couple of good kicks.

Genia obviously kicking arse. Coleman fucking walloped everything, and I enjoyed watching him push an offside Argie over a ruck. "Fuck off!"

danny-devito.gif

Timani was lazy as fuck and needs to up his work rate off the ball if he's only getting 15-20 minutes

Robertson was solid in the scrum, and the Argie reserve tight five especially got dicked once TPN was on.

That's enough from me. Two week break then at it again.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
All I have to say is, how bloody good is it watching tries like that?
I dunno about everyone else but I love watching those inside balls cutting through the defensive lines! The DHP try was tops.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Watching Quade Cooper is like watching a U12's fly half.

Stands too deep, crabs across field and goes for the high ball strip type tackle.

Once in a while you get the great pass, the occasional display of million dollar hands, however the lack of common sense is permanent.
Very sloppy tonight

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
While I thought Barnes was a bit tough on our work at the breakdown, the number of penalties we conceded is a real concern.
Also a bit of lack of composure later on, some unecessary pushed passes and stupid kicks.
Genia clearly our best, others that were good imo were Coleman, Hooper, Foley, Kerevi, Hodge and TPN. Folau his worst game in gold, Cooper the usual mix of great and awful. How many times has this guy been carded for an illegal tackle? His tackling technique MUST change.
Set piece was impressive. Nathan Grey, who's had such a belting on this site, seemed to have a defence pattern for the Pumas pretty right.

Hodge I thought was poor. Few amateur mistakes, passing is below average, couple of times in the past few games he's attempted poor offloads. Plus the average option to kick the ball away this game.

He is a beast on defence though in that 12 channel! Definitely worth persisting with. He will get better every game.

Foley I hardly noticed on the field until he had to kick for goal so I'd put my money on Genia, Kerevi, Colman, Hooper, TPN.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Hodge I thought was poor. Few amateur mistakes, passing is below average, couple of times in the past few games he's attempted poor offloads. Plus the average option to kick the ball away this game.

He is a beast on defence though in that 12 channel! Definitely worth persisting with. He will get better every game.

Foley I hardly noticed on the field until he had to kick for goal so I'd put my money on Genia, Kerevi, Colman, Hooper, TPN.
Agree re Hodge-absolute beast at defending but adds nothing in attack. Nothing whatsoever.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Defence won that game. Still a long way to go in attack Genia and Cooper have been good.
Folau is still off and Kerevi is still playing super rugby.

Foley is out of form and I think we need some more speed I wouldn't mind seeing Hodge play 12 and Speight start.

Our speed in defence was back to RWC 2015 form which has been missing all year and we were definitely better than last week in attack although still not great.

Scrum was good, Lineout was good enough still haven't seen us pinch an opposition throw in the Rugby Champsonship.

I still don't see how Mumm starts ahead of Fardy and Moore really is past it give me Hanson & TPN for the spring tour.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Sorry (not sorry) one last thing: Folau's form is shot to shit. Needs to stop THINKING and start just DOING.

Don't expect this kind of form to continue especially as he begins to learn how to run off Quade and builds that combination.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Ah, fucking NO.

Foley cleaned up several balls that others left behind. He made mistakes, including missing a fairly easy conversion and the tackle on Tuculet, but he saved our arse on more than one occasion, and played link man or took the pressure off by going to the line on several more.

If you were picking a victim for our backline right now, Folau would come ahead of any of the other starters tonight IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.