• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v. Springboks, 18th July 2015, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I disagree. I think we would have benefited from TPN in the final 10 and Hooper would be a fine captain.

Maybe TPN starts next week? But he'll need game time. One of the issues last RWC was when Moore was ruled out of the Ireland game TPN had barely played all year and was underdone.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I disagree. I think we would have benefited from TPN in the final 10 and Hooper would be a fine captain.

I agree. We needed strength into contact and strong ball runners. A fit TPN would have given extra impact.

Plus I think Poey made the call to go for touch anyways. Plenty of leaders still on the field.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Thought the Wallabies played really well. Very good game to watch although a little frustrating from a Springbok perspective having to watch around 40 minutes of defending.

Thought Nigel probably favoured the Boks a bit.

Really felt we should not have used pods to close out the game and rather hoof it into the Wallabies 22 and rush up.

Sad to see Marcell injured.
Did you think the boks thought they had it won at about 60?

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
So basically this was a good opportunity for Meyer and Cheika to run a few alternatives.
I liked To'omua at 10/12.
Hooper's 1%ers at the end there would make it a criminal act to drop him at this point, maybe there's room for Pocock at 8, though I'm a bit conservative and would sooner have a big unit at the scrum base.
I still maintain that Skelton is a major weak link at the scrum, and Horwill looked better with ball in hand and at the breakdown tonight.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
We should stick with Cooper. His passing was still slick and kicking was solid.

I think its time for Aus to start it's best halves combo in:
9.Phipps
10. Cooper
12. To'omua

Much of Cooper's kicking was straight down the throat of a bok player...

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Cooper was by and large shovelling the ball tonight. Don't get me wrong, they weren't bad passes by any means, but calling them crisp or slick or any other synonym is a bit delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.