• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Barbarians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
François, I admire the irrepressible optimism of someone who can start a sentence with "I believe Deans has great plans ..." and then find a flow of words to finish it.

I can still dimly remember when I might have been able to finish such a sentence myself.

I may have thought about such a sentence after his first Bledisloe match coaching Oz, which we won in Sydney, but wrote instead that I wouldn't get on the band wagon until I saw consistency home and away.

Just as well.

M

Mica

I cant find any listing of this game on any free to air channels, does anyone know if it is going to be on FTA? I know ONE use to broadcast the AI games, i'm hoping 9/GEM show the games or ill be pissed...

Wales vs Aus game is being broadcast live on SBS (check the guide).
Can't find anything where the Baa Baas game is being telecast except Fox.
No legit streaming that I can find either.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
very happy to see dennis @ 8> another poster hit the mark a while back suggesting he puts on 20kgs when he plays there
really hope turner can use his feet for something other than kicking away every ball he gets

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I hope you're all right about Dennis. If McCalman is holding him out of the team I find it hard to be optimistic about his chances.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I hope you're all right about Dennis. If McCalman is holding him out of the team I find it hard to be optimistic about his chances.

That would be a good statement if McCalman being picked ahead of Dennis meant that McCalman was the better player. It's a little unfair on Dennis because he hasn't had the chances that McCalman has.

H

high tower

McCalman got picked for the wallabies while competing with 3 other wallaby backrowers for a spot in the force line up. He hasn't yet showed that he can hold his spot on performances in Gold. Dennis on the other hand wasnt able to nail down a starting spot with the tahs even with Palu out for most of the last couple of seasons. Up till now I think McCalman has been picked ahead of Dennis by out performing him.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member

I don't know it it's right or wrong, but considering the way Dennis finished the Super season when both Palu and Mowen were hurt, I would certainly like to see how he copes. I've got the feeling that Hickey and Foley thought he did that well that they could afford to let Mowen go regardless of the length of contract that Mowen or the Tahs wanted.

Seeing how he plays in a Wallabies game against test players, though it's not in a test match, is the perfect gig for him.

We could be saying after the game that he was a dud, but you never know: he could be an accidental hero. More likely he will be something in between, but whatever, at least we will get a chance to assess him in a more meaningful way.

And ditto for JOC (James O'Connor) at 10.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not that stats (for better or worse) often have a huge bearing on the selections Dingo makes.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) gets yellow carded for a deliberate knock on & Baa Baa peg it back to 3-all.

Around 19min in Mortlock pulls off a big hit on Pocock. Quite inpressive although the pass above Pococks head made him an easy target.

O'Connor gets a drop goal 3-6 to Australia. 21min in.

22min in Tomkins gets hammered.

23min in approx AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) back out there.

Digby in with a try. Aus 13 BaaBaas 3.

Barnes copped a big knock to the back of the neck on the deck after taking a high ball - & he's up & running.

Slipper is going to the bin for 10 after a late hit on Cipriani.

31min in Pocock on the ground gettting treatment, Mortlock being attended to also but looks ok.

Ohhh we nearly were in there, great run & pass from Alexander but O'Connor did a forward pass I believe & it was called back.

36min in, the final pass is our issue here we have been bombing a few seemingly certain tries (Barnes has gone off looking a big shaky not sure if its a concussion though he was hobbling so may not be a head injury).

On HT Turner goes in for a try in the corner, Baa Baas paying for not putting the ball in touch on 40min.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pocock bad injury..

Simmons has been awesome

Those passes are backwards out of the hands, it's pretty clear.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
JOC (James O'Connor) deserves that. He didn't seem to learn from the WC did he?

It only happens to him so it's clearly his fault. He does a little pump, could be on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom