• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Barbarians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Have to say I like that squad - it's the perfect game to give opportunities like this. Big congratulations to David Pocock - extremely well deserved reward.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's just a Barbarians game, which is why Moore, Alexander and Horwill are finally getting a rest...

I don't know why Barnes and JOC (James O'Connor) are playing where they are... Silliness...

I really don't have a lot of interest in the Wallabiea right now, and wish Moore was back in Canberra already...

W

What2040

Hope Taps gets a taste, and interesting that Horwill gets a rest on the bench - well deserved

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Bachrow is still unbalanced. And no one on the bench to make it right. Left field suggestion give Horwill some time at eight.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Victor-Matfield-ball-111123G300.jpg

Last chance to see.

T

TOCC

How many years since tr Brumbies haven't had a single player in the starting lineup?!
Might be why Slim isn't interested in the Wallabies ;)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
With Beale and Mitchell injured and JOC (James O'Connor) moving to 10, you have to expect that there will be a lot less sizzle in the back 3 from what we are used to - at least on those occasions when our forwards showed up.

I will be very interested in how Ma'afu plays. He scrummaged well against Jenkins of Wales, who is no mug, in the last game, but I also detected some good work in general play.

The 6 and 8 we have on the team list will be fine for the Baas game but they are not hard enough players long term for the Wobs IMO; we have to find others. I hope that Dennis gets a chance to prove himself in this match as a hard man ready to be promoted next week or next year. I can't warrant that he will prove himself, but let's see.

It will be good to see JOC (James O'Connor) play 10 at this level. I hope he doesn't get the Gits and try to do everything himself. I won't look too hard at his bobbing and weaving, but more at how he uses his supports and how he can steer the team around the park. I would rather have seen him play 12.

As mentioned: the attacking flair of the back 3 will be compromised without him on the wing against Wales. Perhaps he will move there in the 2nd half of the Baas match to give him a sighter before the test, so that Taps can get some time at 12 and Berrrick moves to 10.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Jissis, Blue, man UP, FFS! It's a like a teenage girl sobbing her eyes out over her dream man getting hitched!

A

Army_Gav

Hope Sookface is wearing two helmets, got a feeling Stirlo will be running at him. Lets see if Danny has learnt the ancient art of tackling also.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
How many years since tr Brumbies haven't had a single player in the starting lineup?!

Not many years, not many games either. The last game we played, 3rd/4th place playoff at the RWC.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It's definitely worth a shot (JOC (James O'Connor) @ 10). Barnes will probably play a bit of first receiver in the Wallabies own half, and JOC (James O'Connor) will take control in the OPP half.

Congrats David Pocock on getting the captaincy role. Also, I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to see Dave Dennis and Taps get a run. It is a baa baa's game so they should come on relatively early.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Must've ignored the part where I said I'd rather have our Brumbies players at home...

Status
Not open for further replies.