• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs England, Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Geeves

Peering into the crystal ball. With Genia back and Chambers having a good game against the Poms tomorrow night. I reckon Chambers will be on the bench.

There are two reasons for this

1. Deans will want to tinker with OC a bit more to see what's out there
2. We need more size in the reserve backs (JOC (James O'Connor), Beale, Barnes, etc are bloody small)

I have found it interesting that last week it was the ACT front row and this week its likely to be the QLD front row. As much as I love combinations the injuries to Robinson, TPN and Alexander are bloody concerning.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
my team v England would be:

15 Peter Hynes
14 Drew Mitchell
13 Rob Horne
12 Matt Giteau
11 Digby Ioane
10 Quade Cooper
9 Luke Burgess
8 Richard Brown
7 David Pocock
6 Rocky Elsom
5 Nathan Sharpe
4 Dean Mumm
3 Laurie Weeks
2 Saia Fainga'a
1 Pek Cowan

16 Huia Edmonds
17 Salesi Ma'afu
18 Mark Chisholm
19 Matt Hodgson
20 Josh Valentine
21 James O'Connor
22 Lachie Turner

I reckon that Chambers will be a chance to come onto the bench for Beale or JOC (James O'Connor) however, depending on the Baabaa's game. I reckon physicality v the Poms will be sort after and Horne is still injury prone. we can always put Diggers there I guess with Lachie able to play wing. With AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) gone we miss a bit of that grunt. Chambers can give that I reckon.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is that the team you would choose, Noddy, or the team you expect to be chosen?

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Burgess may be essentially a 4th backrower in defence, but I think the backs really need Valentines pass. Burgess would be the perfect substitution if the Wallabies needed to protect their lead and close out a game.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Burgess may be essentially a 4th backrower in defence, but I think the backs really need Valentines pass. Burgess would be the perfect substitution if the Wallabies needed to protect their lead and close out a game.

If Valentine controls himself he could be starting next Saturday

Scotty

David Codey (61)
beale has shown he gains confidence if left alone, i thinkt he worst thing that can happen is if he is dropped right away, start him again and replace him at half time if it aint going well.

speaking of players that dont look like test players, the pekker should be captain of that team.

I'd suggest that he would have already known before the Fiji game that he wasn't likely to play against the Poms, with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or Hynes taking the FB spot. So it isn't like dropping him, and anyway, hooking him at half time would surely be as damaging to his confidence.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
speaking of which, KB (Kurtley Beale) free to play. He's been found not guilty.

sweet! that's good news outside of whether or not he's selected and where. just glad to hear he's in the clear and can move on.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
What a surprise! As I predicted to my wife. One of his bludging relatives probably tried to slip her hands into the only honeypot in the family.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I think Noddy's team is similar to what I expect the selectors to actually go with.

I would be really really excited about that backline if Genia was playing. The forwards just have to maintain parity with England and our backs should just do the rest.

D

daz

Anyone going to be at the Perth test on Saturday? I will be in a corporate box for the game (my method of choosing suppliers is based on a very simple question: What tickets can you get me?) but am willing to mingle with the common folk pre and post game for drinks and game analysis.

T

TheTruth

speaking of which, KB (Kurtley Beale) free to play. He's been found not guilty.

Good to see a bit of commonsense taking place in our judical system - tall poppy syndrome on KB (Kurtley Beale) for sure - luckily has not impacted on performance but still must be a worry for a youing bloke

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Genia will not be starting, he will be on the bench at best. Him & TPN back for England in Sydney (which i am blowing off band camp for) will be great.
Turner, Douglas to have a blinder.

1. Cowan
2. Edmonds/Fainga'a
3. Ma'afu
4. Mumm
5. Sharpe
6. Jumpin' Jack
7. Pockock
8. Hoiles/Brown
9. Valentine/Burgess
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. Gits
13. Horne
14. Turner
15. Beale

16. Edmonds/Fainga'a/Fitzpatrick
17. Daley/Weeks
18. Douglas
19. Hodgson
20. Valentine/Burgess
21. JOC (James O'Connor)
22. Ioane

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
Found it interesting that when Horne went to the blood bin it was Ioane that went into 13 and not AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), even though it meant Mitchell went on at right wing. Not sure what that means in the context of this match or the tri nations but maybe suggests something about Robbie's thinking.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
It's always nice to talk about the backs as it is to scratch one's bum, but after the debacle of the Oz A scrum tonight who is going to be the LHP for Oz in the test?

By all means keep on talking about Turner, Hynes, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Mitchell, but it's like talking about a hang nail that a cancer victim has.

Status
Not open for further replies.