• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs England, Sydney

Pick your THREE starting front rowers for Sydney

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gone

Ted Fahey (11)
On the Uni back row thing, I think McCutcheon and McCalman are both fresh reserves. The 2 locks that are there have been doing the job and it would be hard to drop either of them.

That's a fairly handy bench! Every year you think early on maybe the pack is catching up on Uni but then they put out a team like this...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
team named:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/wallaby-team-named-2/

15 James O’Connor Force
14 Drew Mitchell Waratahs
13 Rob Horne Waratahs
12 Matt Giteau Brumbies
11 Digby Ioane Reds
10 Quade Cooper Reds
9 Will Genia Reds
8 Richard Brown Force
7 David Pocock Force
6 Rocky Elsom [c] Brumbies
5 Nathan Sharpe Force
4 Dean Mumm Waratahs
3 Salesi Ma’afu Brumbies
2 Saia Fainga'a Reds
1 Ben Daley Reds
16 Huia Edmonds Brumbies
17 James Slipper Reds
18 Mark Chisholm Brumbies
19 Matt Hodgson Force
20 Luke Burgess Waratahs
21 Berrick Barnes Waratahs
22 Adam Ashley-Cooper Brumbies

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
team named:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/wallaby-team-named-2/

15 James O’Connor Force
14 Drew Mitchell Waratahs
13 Rob Horne Waratahs
12 Matt Giteau Brumbies
11 Digby Ioane Reds
10 Quade Cooper Reds
9 Will Genia Reds
8 Richard Brown Force
7 David Pocock Force
6 Rocky Elsom [c] Brumbies
5 Nathan Sharpe Force
4 Dean Mumm Waratahs
3 Salesi Ma’afu Brumbies
2 Saia Fainga'a Reds
1 Ben Daley Reds
16 Huia Edmonds Brumbies
17 James Slipper Reds
18 Mark Chisholm Brumbies
19 Matt Hodgson Force
20 Luke Burgess Waratahs
21 Berrick Barnes Waratahs
22 Adam Ashley-Cooper Brumbies

OK ..................... who has stolen Noddy's login?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
and from the ARU press release

Hooker Tatafu Polota-Nau was also involved in that contest, but continues to be troubled by an injury to his ankle, which will now be operated on.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
and from the ARU press release

Well that's TPN out for the rest of the season I guess. Wasn't this what they were trying to avoid by "injury management"? We better start force feeding S Finger to get another 10-15kg on him in a hurry..:eek:

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
So Giteau and Genia replace Barnes and Burgess in the starting team.

Barnes, Burgess, and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) replace Beale, Genia and Hynes on the bench.

And the elephant is still in the room.

All as expected. Let's see if JOC (James O'Connor) and/or Horne can keep AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the bench.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Well that's TPN out for the rest of the season I guess. Wasn't this what they were trying to avoid by "injury management"? We better start force feeding S Finger to get another 10-15kg on him in a hurry..:eek:

From the original piece

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27199452-23217,00.html?from=public_rss
Tatafu Polota-Nau's injury may leave Deans relying on rookie Wallabies

By Bret Harris
May 31, 2010

Wallabies hooker Tatafu Polota-Nau will have two weeks rehabilitation on his ankle before deciding to undergo surgery, which could sideline him for up to three months.

Polota-Nau aggravated an ankle injury in NSW's loss to the Stormers in the Super 14 semi-final.

If the rehabilitation works, Polota-Nau could be available for the Wallabies' first Test against England in Perth.

But if Polota-Nau has surgery now, he will miss the in-bound Tests against Fiji, England and Ireland and most of the Tri-Nations tournament.

It is possible Polota-Nau could defer the surgery until Stephen Moore returns from a broken jaw, which would probably see him miss the end of year tour of Europe.

So the November tour for him.

C

chief

Thanks Robbie, i really would have liked to have TPN for this year's Tri-Nations. But nah, that's cool mate

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
A Reds style game plan against the Bulls. Run the Poms off their feet and depower their forwards. Watch Cooper, the Crab and co open up on them later in the game. Simple enough?

I can't help but feel Sorry for Burgess a bit.

C

chief

I would, but his form in the S14 probably shouldn't have got him a place in that squad. So I don't pity him in the slightest

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Yeah he can't feel hard done by. I thought he was the man of the match last week, but he is too hot and cold - or rather, mainly warm and cold. He needs to be hotter to earn sympathy.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
A Reds style game plan against the Bulls. Run the Poms off their feet and depower their forwards. Watch Cooper, the Crab and co open up on them later in the game. Simple enough?

This is test rugby. Brumbies style smoke and mirrors cannot help - you cannot escape the physical contest.

I have a feeling the Poms have learnt from the 1st test. Against the Aus Baabaas their work at the ruck was very good. I expect them to continue that in the Sydney test and our attack to struggle.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Australia hooker Stephen Moore will be ready for Tri-Nations series

* Wayne Smith
* May 18, 2010 12:00AM

THERE was mixed news for Wallabies coach Robbie Deans yesterday, with Test hooker Stephen Moore declaring he will be fit for most, if not all, of the Tri-Nations, but with back row contender Scott Higginbotham facing surgery on a serious ankle injury.

Initial reports were that Moore would face a minimum of 12 weeks on the sidelines after fracturing his jaw in three places in a clash of heads with Owen Franks in the Brumbies' match with the Crusaders on Friday, but that estimate has been wound back to no more than eight weeks.

While that would rule Moore out of the June inbound Tests against Fiji (June 5 in Canberra), England (June 12, Perth and June 19, Sydney) and Ireland (June 26, Brisbane), he could still come into contention for the Wallabies' opening Tri-Nations Test against the Springboks at Suncorp Stadium on July 24.

"The good thing is that I can do a lot of bike and cardio work with this injury, which means I should be able to maintain my fitness," said Moore yesterday. "And the doctors even seem to think I can get back into lifting weights in a couple of weeks."

(finally learnt how to do date searches in google)

Scotty

David Codey (61)
It took me a while to understand what you were going on about with Noddy. He has made that avatar so synonymous with his name I just glossed over the name change all together.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
So Giteau and Genia replace Barnes and Burgess in the starting team.

Barnes, Burgess, and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) replace Beale, Genia and Hynes on the bench.

And the elephant is still in the room.

All as expected. Let's see if JOC (James O'Connor) and/or Horne can keep AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the bench.

Or even my hope of all hopes, to see Horne move to 12, and Giteau left right out. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13, while JOC (James O'Connor) or Hynes are good fullback options.

Does anyone else share my opinion that the weakest player in our backline is also our most highly paid?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah he can't feel hard done by. I thought he was the man of the match last week, but he is too hot and cold - or rather, mainly warm and cold. He needs to be hotter to earn sympathy.

Genia is the better of the two by a long shot though we are only another injury away from needing a good game again from Burgess. On this basis, I would like to see him get some game time and build on last weeks performance.

Reactions: DPK

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Or even my hope of all hopes, to see Horne move to 12, and Giteau left right out. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13, while JOC (James O'Connor) or Hynes are good fullback options.

Does anyone else share my opinion that the weakest player in our backline is also our most highly paid?

If AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) could handle the 12 position, a centre combination of 12. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and 13. Horne would be one of the most devestating in the world. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) can make pure metres while Horne has significant offloading abilities when he makes a break. Perfect man to make a break and then put the winger into space because unlike AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) who simply runs into contact and makes the ground, Horne seems to be one of the few Aus backs who draws and passes.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Jonny still not in the starting lineup. Lawes and Youngs in for Shaw and Care. Delon Armitage in the reserves for Tait.

England:

B Foden (Northampton); M Cueto (Sale Sharks), M Tindall (Gloucester), S Hape (Bath), C Ashton (Northampton); T Flood (Leicester), B Youngs (Leicester); T Payne (Wasps), S Thompson (Brive), D Cole (Leicester), C Lawes (Northampton), T Palmer (Stade Francais), T Croft (Leicester), L Moody (Leicester, capt), N Easter (Harlequins).

Replacements: G Chuter (Leicester), D Wilson (Bath), S Shaw (Wasps), J Haskell (Stade Francais), D Care (Harlequins), J Wilkinson (Toulon), D Armitage (London Irish).

Status
Not open for further replies.