• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs England, Sydney

Pick your THREE starting front rowers for Sydney

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chief

So I'm utterly bemused as I watch this game. We are seeing Matt Giteau a player who has constantly single handedly lost us games. He's boring and shit in attack, and plays a one dimensional brand of rugby. Why was Faainga not selected. One must ask why Quade Cooper wasn't giving the kicking role.

We've seen a lottery at the scrums. And I honestly say this, I've said it before Robbie Deans should not be coaching this Wallaby team. Him with Matt Giteau has completely killed the Wallaby brand. We were Australia's premier team, now we appear to be Australia's most over rated, over paid team. Yes I'm overcome with emotion here but jesus christ. This is really quite embarrassing. Game set and match to the Pommies

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hope Ioane is Ok as well. Looks like a dislocated should or similar to me. Hope he won't be out too long.

Congrats to the English. We offered you the game and you took it in two hands. England were the better team, led by their forwards.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Mitchell missed his fair share of tackles and Horne hasn't yet been able to adequately set up his outside man. They are not why we lost though. Thought Genia went well for his first match back. He obviously isn't 100% fit and I think Burgess should've started another week to give Genia more rest.

Thought Mumm, Brown, Maafu, Sharpe and Chisholm were poor. Rocky wasn't great either. Hard to target he backs when the forwards were so outplayed. I think the backs did well with what chances they got.

And Gits now has some history of losing his kicking boots in high pressure situations.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
So I'm utterly bemused as I watch this game. We are seeing Matt Giteau a player who has constantly single handedly lost us games. He's boring and shit in attack, and plays a one dimensional brand of rugby. Why was Faainga not selected. One must ask why Quade Cooper wasn't giving the kicking role.

Gits did score two tries. Just shouldn't be kicking.

Least rocky's speech was honest.

All the youngs guys really played with two much ego. Genia, Cooper, O'C, Horne, Pcock thought they could just rock up and win. Why genia was selected when he wasn't fit and when burgo is in form is just stupid. Brown doesn't other anything with or off the ball. nothing player. Holies at least has skills.

Our tackling was to high. they can't run without legs and you'll always win the battle if you snap them in half.

god that was worse then scotland.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah but you have to credit England. They played with some width and adventure and tried to play some real rugby. I don't think anyone on the Wallabies were expecting it, in fact I doubt their own supporters were expecting it.

O'Conor would probably prefer to forgot his first twenty odd minutes though.

Thought Cooper went well. They tried to target him and he didn't lose his head. In fact he used it to pop some short balls near the line and they backed off him. Was quite clever and I was surprised.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Congratulations to the Poms. I think most of us ate too much of our own bullshit, myself included. I have one question for Robbie, why not run Genia with the Baa Baas on Wednesday and play him into test rugby? That almost seems too logical.

Hynes in for O'Connor and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) onto Digby's wing. O'Connor to the bench.

Forget blamming Deans, Blame the players who did not front up.

C

chief

The young Wallabies certainly need to be bought back to earth by the Australian media, and it will occur. Genia obviously wasn't fit so he shouldn't have been playing. Deans has been unfair on Hynes though, I agree he should have been in that team. Hynes wasn't playing in his preferred position all year.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I never thought i would say this but, Genia should start the next game from the bench. I want Burgess back.

How on earth can Giteau miss 4 penalties in a row. That one from in front was the biggest embarrassment I have seen in world rugby since i saw the Wallabies attempt to scrummage in Perth.

Gotta love being a Wallaby supporter

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Good comments Ash.

The England loose forwards really put pressure on the OZ ball carriers. I thought they were superb, particularly Easter. Sharpe was anonymous for much of the game. Brown was ineffectual. Pocock started well and was tackling all over the park and winning ball, but he faded out when it seemed it was the Wallaby forwards that were sucking in the big ones.

Elsom's running game since returning to OZ has been well below par IMO. He ran the ball heaps up north and made damaging runs at that, but at both Super and test level we haven't seen it. i know its different competitions and all that, but he hasn't been in good form altogether. Even last week.

I think it was the right move to play Genia. He is still very young and needs game time and experience. He will be shouldering much of the burden in the 3Ns so needs to be match fit. Sure some can say after the fact that he hadn't mended, but unless the Docs and the player are saying "no" then he was fit to play. It seemed he was fit to play last week.

I personally think Digby is wasted on the wing. He needs to be taking on the line more and that should be at centre. Horne is a goer, but we all know that a young fella in the hardest backline position is a tough ask. Now he looks to be goneski for some time (dislocated elbow??), so we won't see it.

At the end of the night, the OZ forwards couldn't secure enough ball, and when they did get it, it was slow and they had to play behind the advantage line. Tough night at the office, with England playing a hell of a defensive game to get the victory.

wobbly

Fred Wood (13)
Giteau isn't a goalkickers arsehole. JOC (James O'Connor) is the most talented kicker in the team.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Wow, was out tonight so missed most of the match. What the heck Wallabies? I'll report back later once my knowledge on the game has been topped up.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I am actually not as pissed off as I should be, due to the following:

The new players are either improving (the front row) or at least remaining consistently decent (Horne).

AND

If we combine our strengths from of first game (defense and expansive rugby) with out strengths from this game (set-piece and general aggression) we'll be right.

D

daz

I can handle losing when the lads give a guts effort, but cannot handle losing the way we did. Well done England. At least one team turned up. Front 3 did ok too.

Just simply too angry to discuss this rationally right now.

They can all get fucked for the next 24 hours or so until I calm down. Especially Giteau; you smile like that again when you have cost us the game and I'll fucking hunt you down, you little turd.

D

daz

I have one question for Robbie, why not run Genia with the Baa Baas on Wednesday and play him into test rugby? That almost seems too logical.

Because then RD would have decided that you can never have too many props, so he should blood another LHP for fun and Genia would have been injured for the season, i.e. TPN.

D

daz

That one from in front was the biggest embarrassment I have seen in world rugby since i saw the Wallabies attempt to scrummage in Perth.

Ah, well, at least we are consistent. Last week our front row was the biggest embarassment in world rugby. Today it was Rat Turds boot. I wonder what next week will bring?

Gotta love being a Wallaby supporter

Why, again?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I can handle losing when the lads give a guts effort, but cannot handle losing the way we did. Well done England. At least one team turned up. Front 3 did ok too.

Just simply too angry to discuss this rationally right now.

They can all get fucked for the next 24 hours or so until I calm down. Especially Giteau; you smile like that again when you have cost us the game and I'll fucking hunt you down, you little turd.

Daz - Giteau performed very unevenly from the Tris on last year, and I am sure I recall issues with his performance in the higher-pressure games vs the easy beats. The look-for-every-sliver-lining-under-Deans followers will highlight his 2 tries tonight, but for my eyes at the game they were, in this case, as much genuine team tries as Giteau-the-star tries. And I agree, that smile was either appalling (in these circumstances), or a revealing marker of deeper issues of declining self-confidence.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

Wallabies have no composure. They have lacked composure in the tight games for he last few years. Gits in particular.

Ash, couldn't agree more. Isn't this just what top coaches and support staff are designed to fix, or at least fix after 2+ full seasons starting in 2008?

I think I am right in recalling that most of the consistent losses to the ABs last year principally came in the second halves (with the Wallabies often leading at the break), after the ABs came back on and really turned the screws/ramped the pressure in multiple ways, and we folded.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
No one should blame Deans for Giteau's poor performance. Deans wasn't on the field, Giteau was.

Although I think I would have prefered Deans, I'm sure he could have kicked most if not all of Git's missed penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.