• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Italy - 25th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ The concept of a relationship between the parties may be happening, and may even be the root cause (excuse words) of the ongoing selection. Personally I think not.

Regardless of whether Phipps is in a relationship with the Dingo's Daughter or not, the words chosen to articulate that concept are wholly inappropriate.

Regardless of what you may think about Dingo, his daughter should not be dragged into the "discussion".

I am a parent. I am not sure if you are or not. No daughter should be subjected to language like that on a respectable public forum. Would you like your daughter discussed in such terms? If you feel you must talk that way then please leave it in the clubrooms or pub.

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
^^^ The concept of a relationship between the parties may be happening, and may even be the root cause (excuse words) of the ongoing selection. Personally I think not.

Regardless of whether Phipps is in a relationship with the Dingo's Daughter or not, the words chosen to articulate that concept are wholly inappropriate.

Regardless of what you may think about Dingo, his daughter should not be dragged into the "discussion".

I am a parent. I am not sure if you are or not. No daughter should be subjected to language like that on a respectable public forum. Would you like your daughter discussed in such terms? If you feel you must talk that way then please leave it in the clubrooms or pub.
Apologies to all and sundry.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Slim,As far as I am concerned, the same rules apply in Chez Jarse. Call me mysoginist, old fashioned, traditionalist, Mummies Boy..... whatever, I care not not. People deserve to be treated with dignity, and certain things in life should remain unmentioned in polite company.

La Jarse and I have children. It is obvious that certain biological events occurred to produce the Jarse offspring.

No one has ever congratulated me on having a great *&^% with La Jarse, when we announced that she was pregnant.

This is the difference between class and crass, as well as heavensgame and the other heathen sporting pursuits.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
^^^^ Diggers is becoming mentioned in dispatches far too often with the other three musketeers (JOC (James O'Connor), KB (Kurtley Beale), QC (Quade Cooper)) of Australian Rugby.

Are there four athletes representing the Toxicity of Australian Rugby?

He hangs with KB (Kurtley Beale) and QC (Quade Cooper) (and I assume JOC (James O'Connor) as well) I understand taps does as well.

uno

Bob McCowan (2)
I wish I had a note pad with me last night while watching that game. So many things that were so wrong that my head was just a messed up mass of mush by the end of it. I must say that KB (Kurtley Beale) is really stuggling at 10 and is quite possibly a worse defender than QC (Quade Cooper). For the record I'am a fan of both, b ut all you people out there bagging the game of Quade need to have a good hard look at themselves!!!!! This team is shit without him. It is just that simple.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Have only seen the highlights but there seems to be an Italian knock on in the lead up to their try

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I was actually under the impression that deans'daughter has a disability and he is noted charity worker in nz due to this?

maybe i have my wires crossed

George

Frank Nicholson (4)
Can someone please explain what Beale brought to the game last night that makes him the saviour at 10 and Cooper the pariah???

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I must say that KB (Kurtley Beale) is really stuggling at 10 and is quite possibly a worse defender than QC (Quade Cooper).

Disagree. KB (Kurtley Beale) is a solid defender, and gets through a lot of work. Yesterday he made 10 of 14 tackles, which is the worst he has been for a while. Nowhere near as bad as QC (Quade Cooper) at his worst, although I do acknowledge he has improved in the last year or two.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The ARU have run the Wallabies in the ground. We're playing our 15th Test match next week... SA were complaining about how tired their players were having played 3 less Tests.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Digby has been off all year. With all of the shit that is going on in Aus rugby I wouldn't be surprised if he is mentally down in the dumps a bit.

He was pretty close to taking off to Japan at the end of 2010. I imagine the Cooper saga, playing an unattractive brand of rugby that doesn't suit him, having copped a fairly hefty ban during S15 for a fairly innocuous tackle might all be weighing on him. He is probably wondering why he bothered to hang around.
I'm with him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
''It is evident the batteries need recharging … the first half was good, the second half we were half-a-metre to a metre off, so we will allow the blokes to recharge as best as possible. We won't want to drain all the energy prior to playing this week,'' the Wallabies coach said.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-union/aus...esurgence-down-to-fatigue-20121125-2a1jb.html

Robbie is not pointing out his own man management, the fatigue is from a long season. And what an unusually long season this has been for these guys.

Nice that the players have his permission to connect their iPhone chargers to the the back of their heads and recharge as well. They should remember to thank him in their Christmas cards.

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Have only seen the highlights but there seems to be an Italian knock on in the lead up to their try

I agree. It was a knock on that led to their try. Nevertheless, we were shit. As a Tahs supporter I seek to escape by watching the wallabies but it is just more of hte same.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
And part of the reason the boys are so fatigued is because Robbie has no idea how to use his bench to manage workloads. Don't worry about the fresh bloke ready and raring to go on the bench, lets just keep the guy that is clearly stuffed out on the paddock..

An extended Super Rugby season is followed by an extraordinarily long international season. As much as we complain about the season being too long, games make money. So we aren't going to see a reduction in internationals played anytime soon.

So what the coaches and managers need to do is get creative when handling player workloads throughout a demanding season. We are already seeing that in Super Rugby with coaches building strong squads and regular rotation. I fear this point has been lost on the Wobs. If it wasn't for our horrific injury toll, we would have not seen a great deal of change in the team. The result would have been the same blokes running about at the moment out on their feet. Eventually, you would have probably seen some early retirements.

The bench is a key tool to help manage workload and avoid burnout. Robbie will rarely use the bench to inject intensity into a game, or use the bench to give one of his frontline players a breather. I don't think that it is right that the Wobs will regularly finish a game with 1-2 people still riding the pine. It is criminal if one of those players is a pig. For every unused guy you have on the bench, you have another guy that is a little bit closer to burnout.

Status
Not open for further replies.