• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Has brown played himself into contention with this weekend's performance? He was very impressive but needs to back up with a couple of performances of the same ilk

I think Godwin should be taken into the squad some point this year (probably not for the Lions) as i really believe he will be a fantastic asset for us in the future.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
slightly off topic, but I woke up this morning with a sudden horrid thought.

I do not have FTA at all at home, in fact I only have pay tv for the rugby! (who in their right mind can tolerate the horribly excessive advertising on a service you already pay money for? At least the games are broadcast whole...'cept the increasing tendency for the rolling screen banners)

But here was the shocking thought...will the Lions tour be live on foxtel? Does anyone know?

I got stung at the RWC prior to the last one, I just assumed they were broadcast live on foxtel without realising it had been quarantined (I think they call it) so good enough, up early to watch NZ play whoever it was in the semis only to discover to my horror we had already been knocked out and THAT game was 'up' after the one I was watching.

I was so angry it kinda mucked up BOTH games for me!! Man, I sent them an abusive email too, ranted and raved about 'why the fuck did you not make it clear these were not broadcast live?' (still kinda feel they had that obligation??) but when I calmed down about a year later I spose it was my fault for assuming. I never occurred to me frankly.

So, does anyone know the answer to it this time? Not sure what I'll do but at least I'll have time to work it out.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I do not have FTA at all at home, in fact I only have pay tv for the rugby! (who in their right mind can tolerate the horribly excessive advertising on a service you already pay money for? At least the games are broadcast whole.'cept the increasing tendency for the rolling screen banners)

How can you have pay TV and not FTA? The FTA channels come as part of foxtel.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
How can you have pay TV and not FTA? The FTA channels come as part of foxtel.
Not in "regional" areas, they don't. In Canberra WIN has the channel 9 rights, Prime has 7, and Southerncross has 10. Because these other companies own the rights, FTA (apart from ABC and SBS) is not shown on Foxtel.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
yeah, that' right, I get abc and sbs.

did not know about it only being a regional thing (I'm in bathurst), that means syd for example get the rest on foxtel?

Anyway, hoping someone knows the answer...just had a brainwave, might look at the foxsports rugby area, it may say somewhere there 'lions tour live' or something. Heck, they might have already said sumthin like that on rugby hq, was not paying attn if so.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Stop panicking everyone...well me at least.

Watch every match of the 2013 British and Irish Lions Tour Live and in HD on Fox Sports!

As usual, your home of rugby Fox Sports will provide unmatched coverage of the tour with every game – including the tour opener in Hong Kong – to be screened Live and in HD.
You won’t miss a minute of the 2013 British and Irish Lions Tour on Fox Sports!

What the fuck do they mean by 'As usual' the mangy bastards, but still this time around all is good.

sorry for the unscheduled interruption.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
barbarian, they took The Naked News off the Foxtel Comedy Channel about 5 years ago. Didn't realise it had spawned copycats on the FTA channels to fill the void.

wobbly

Fred Wood (13)
Wobbly's pecking order:

15. Mogg Beale McCabe
14. o'Connor Tomane Shipperley
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) Fainga'a Inman
12. Tapuai Lealifano Barnes
11. Ioane Cummins Mafi
10. Cooper To'omua
9. Genia White
8. Palu Higgenbotham
7. Smith Gill Hooper
6. Mowen Auelua Kimlin
5. McMenimen Simmons Carter
4. Horwill Douglas Pyle
3. Palmer Ryan Sio
2. Moore Hanson Polota-Nau
1. Robinson Slipper Alexander

Note that I have only listed each player in only one position, what I think is their best position. That's not to say a few players may be best in another position to achieve the best available combination, but until their are more injuries, picking the best in each position should be the overriding criteria.

Moggs boot and pace are irresistible. Beale will have today his socks off to be considered.

O'Connor.s best pos is wing, needs a kick in pants for lazyness at endof last two matches.

AACwasn't in my team up to 3 weeks ago. Really want to see much more from him.

Taps a nose ahead of LILO, impressed that his kicking is coming on.

A line out featuring Horwill, MMM and Mowen will I intimidate. Licking my lips in antication of seeing Palu, Mowen, MMM, HBom and Aueleu charging at the Lions for 80 Mins. With that in mind, a front row selection that concentrates on scrum strength is essential. Really hope Alexander or even Slipper aren't considered at tight head as both have the potential to give away penalties. Palmer at 3, to me, is the most critical selection for the Lions series.

I don't see Folau, Timani or Dave Dennis to be viable selections for the Lions. Ditto McCabe T 12 or Barnes at 10.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I know I'm flogging a dead horse here but the continual inclusion of George Smith in peoples teams is pointless due to his current ineligibility.

If I suggested a team with Speight on the wing I would be quickly informed that he's not eligible and to try again.

If Smith becomes eligible - go nuts, but he's not and the longer it goes the less likely that it seems he will be so I find the discussion of him in hypothetical teams a bit redundant and a little frustrating. Just my 2c though.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
I know I'm flogging a dead horse here but the continual inclusion of George Smith in peoples teams is pointless due to his current ineligibility.

If I suggested a team with Speight on the wing I would be quickly informed that he's not eligible and to try again.

If Smith becomes eligible - go nuts, but he's not and the longer it goes the less likely that it seems he will be so I find the discussion of him in hypothetical teams a bit redundant and a little frustrating. Just my 2c though.

Ok Then. Gill to start at 7 ahead of Hooper. Gill has been consistantly good this season.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

But there's a clear difference between Smith and Speight........

One can potentially be made available, whereas the other can't.........

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

Here in lies one of Dean's problems, I read on G&GR that Suntory hasn't even been asked?? People are backing Smith because they see something that Deans doesn't. People complained about the Wallabies attacking prowess over that last 2 years, and Deans?

Hooper v Gill, I'd go Hooper as he brings more in attack and I hope we play positive rugby rather than kick and hope for a pilfer. Nothing against Gill he has been awesome this year,

Looking for to Smith v Gill

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
But there's a clear difference between Smith and Speight....

One can potentially be made available, whereas the other can't...
Can? As far as I am aware that relies on a fair few variables.
So as it stands, neither is eligible.
I have no idea but who sets the eligibility rules for Speights case? The ARU or IRB? If its the ARU then I'd say there are no differences. If its the IRB then the differences are far from clear.

T

Train Without a Station

Has brown played himself into contention with this weekend's performance? He was very impressive but needs to back up with a couple of performances of the same ilk.

Only one game. Has probably shown better form that last couple of years playing more 6 than he ever did at 8 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.