• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Too many <Waratahs/Reds/Brumbies/Foreign based players>* and not enough <Force/Reds/Rebels/Brumbies/Foreign based Players/Waratahs>*

Universal rant to save others time and effort.

*delete one or more as required.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Cut

1 Toby Smith
2 Tetera Faulkner
3 James Hanson
4 Dave Dennis
5 Samu Kerevi
6 Wycliff Palu
7 Nic White
8 Christian Leali'ifano
9 Nick Cummins

Any ideas if any of these guys are carrying an injury and possibly omitted because of it?

The only real controversial one is Palu and that's not even that controversial.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Only big surprise is that Palu missed out.

From this I think Hanson will be in the RWC squad and only 2 9's will go.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Too many <Waratahs/Reds/Brumbies/Foreign based players>* and not enough <Force/Reds/Rebels/Brumbies/Foreign based Players/Waratahs>*

Universal rant to save others time and effort.

*delete one or more as required.

That's lots of deleting! More effort even. Much easier to say, Too many Tahs!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Any ideas if any of these guys are carrying an injury and possibly omitted because of it?

Nothing on the release about injured players.

Qantas Wallabies Head Coach Michael Cheika said: “There were obviously some really tough calls to make. The players who have not been named in this 31-man squad will still remain part of the group and will continue to contribute. We have also taken the opportunity to rest players, as we know it is going to be a long international season.”
Players not travelling with the squad to Brisbane will remain part of the Qantas Wallabies wider training squad, and will continue training with their respective Asteron Life Super Rugby teams.

T

Train Without a Station

Cheika has only selected props and hookers who will make the 23.

Very foolish in my view as he will need 3 in the 31 for the RWC or risk not meeting World Rugby requirements on game day in the case of a late injury.

It should be a real priority finding out who that 5th prop and 3rd hooker is. Not going to learn much not looking at anybody outside the 23.

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
"We have also taken the opportunity to rest players, as we know it is going to be a long international season.”

possible reason for Palu's exclusion?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cheika has only selected props and hookers who will make the 23.

Very foolish in my view as he will need 3 in the 31 for the RWC or risk not meeting World Rugby requirements on game day in the case of a late injury.

It should be a real priority finding out who that 5th prop and 3rd hooker is. Not going to learn much not looking at anybody outside the 23.

But this isn't the RWC squad.. who's to say Hanson and White won't be in that. It's for the first two matches. What's the point of adding a 3rd hooker and scrumhalf if they won't play next Saturday?

Purce

Jim Clark (26)

I heard/read somewhere that Palu has a injury/niggle giving McCalman the inside running for the Number 8.

Hanson, Dennis unlucky... you could say they both have current form over their counterparts. Lilo directly missing out for Gits.... I guess to see if he's up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.