• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Maybe Link's current thoughts are that veterans like Robbo and Holmes won't be brought into the squad unless they're going to be in the matchday 23.

It would certainly hold true with Latu being brought in before Fainga'a.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Does anyone find it annoying that the ARU allow contracted wallabies to play on fields as dangerous as Sydney oval. I know Uni have a lot of clout, being the club that produces the most pro players in the entire world, but seriously that ground was atrocious. It looked to me like Latu went way lower than he meant and Keiran Black had mentioned how slippery it was out there so I reckon Latu slipped over. Looking at the final in Brisbane at the beautiful green grass at ballymore one has to wonder why a final is played there at all when concord oval is just down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It has a massive hard cricket pitch in the middle and as well as the whole ground being more abrasive than others. It's a disgrace of a ground that needs to be fixed.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I hope they fix it. The semi final was a really good game a decent spectacle for rugby in general but playing on a surface like that makes rugby look ridiculous let alone seeing wallabies getting injured on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
when concord oval is just down the road.

JUST DOWN THE WOAD??!!

Wook here Jagman, that's just not cwickit old cheese. It is appawing enough that Spoffo and Biffo and I have to cwoss the Bwidge when we play those north shore pwebs, and yet you think it's perfectly acceptabuw that we twavel anywhere west of Gwebe to see wugby?

I'm not sure what kind of spanking the Head Boys at YOUR pwivate cowwege gave you, but it cwearwy wasn't firm enough!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You need some of these.
minions.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It has a massive hard cricket pitch in the middle and as well as the whole ground being more abrasive than others. It's a disgrace of a ground that needs to be fixed.

Whilst I agree that the Sydney Uni oval should be in better condition, surely there are plenty of Shute Shield grounds that still have a cricket pitch.

Manly Oval, Coogee Oval, Sydney Uni, Eastern Suburbs... any others?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Chatswood Oval, North Sydney Oval. The oval at Coogee's not on the rugby playing surface, it's just on the edge of the eastern touch line.

It's all well and good to schedule finals in rugby's heartland where, more than likely, most of the participants' supporters will come from, but finals matches need to be at the best grounds. That includes both playing surfaces and crowd access/parking; Uni, Easts, Norths, Coogee, Manly and Chatswood don't stack up here.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
Weird... but I'm thinking Horne defending 10/12 and Kurtley back to counter with Izzy... turnover ball still has To'omua... untried but a lot more adventurous than I'd have given Link credit for... especially against the ABs!

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Weird. but I'm thinking Horne defending 10/12 and Kurtley back to counter with Izzy. turnover ball still has To'omua. untried but a lot more adventurous than I'd have given Link credit for. especially against the ABs!
Your on the money, hey even late June I wouldnt have liked this call but as he has from the start of his tenure form is number 1 determining factor and you cant ignore the form of beale and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The news today that Speight will be "rested" from the NRC seems to indicate that he'll be thrown straight into the test side upon eligibility...........

Status
Not open for further replies.