• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Que? He isn't injured.

Although, if he gets injured tonight we'll have to try you as a witch!

Sorry, I thought he was out for 4 - 6 with a knee injury. Since I have inter web reference to back my view I'll just pretend it was all the intern's fault.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Sorry, I thought he was out for 4 - 6 with a knee injury. Since I have inter web reference to back my view I'll just pretend it was all the intern's fault.

Sam Carter is out with a knee injury. That might be who you're thinking of.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Lets have a think about the dynamic of the backrow with the possible iterations.
I think it safe to say that Hooper and Fardy will get 6 and 7. The 8 we pick needs to compliment them.
Fardy is a great hard nosed tight player. Hooper is more a runner and link player rather than your stock standard dig-the-ball-out-of-rucks openside.
Equally, we are looking at Horwill and Simmons as the locking options (most likely). Horwill can bend the line, Simmons not so much.

The 3 options I see for 8 are Higgers, Palu and McCalman.
Palu is the bloke most likely to bend the line and is probably the best fit for Hooper / Fardy.
Higgers plays a very similar style of game to Hooper in that he is a ball running backrower.
McCalman is the guy most likely to be stuck in the ruck pushing players around and securing the ball. He also has the best skills at the back of the scrum of the 3 (against a Froggy team this shouldnt be underestimated).

Id probably give Palu first shot with McCalman second and Higgers third. Higgers is probably the best bench option (as the game opens up he will be dangerous).

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Oh come on. Fardy played loose for the Wallabies. He was the one wide running linking with the backs, he was the main breakdown guy when the ball went wide.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fardy SHOULD get the spot but reckon Higgers will end up with it
Really I think the 6 jerseys pretty much tattooed to fardy at the moment.. and dare I say his been in better form then most backrow options as well even at lock.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fardy SHOULD get the spot but reckon Higgers will end up with it

I don't see it.......

Fardy's the incumbent..........

Was one of the Wobs best players last year.......

Is currently in great form.......

Higgers hasn't been in the test squad for a while........

Has yet to play a good test..........

And he's playing exclusively at 8........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Oh come on. Fardy played loose for the Wallabies. He was the one wide running linking with the backs, he was the main breakdown guy when the ball went wide.

And he was also doing a tonne of work in the tight........ Smashing rucks....... Making more tackles than anyone.........

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I don't see it...

Fardy's the incumbent....

Was one of the Wobs best players last year...

Is currently in great form...

Higgers hasn't been in the test squad for a while....

Has yet to play a good test....

And he's playing exclusively at 8....
Slim,

I agree with you but the same thing happened to my son in the Under 12's - AND he still wasn't picked - bastards

deL

Stan Wickham (3)
I think another one from tonights game was Tomane - he did enough to remind us that he has held the gold jersey before! Something to think about when picking wingers.

T

Train Without a Station

I thought Cooper looked very good in 9/10 of the game , especially considering at times he had nobody providing options outside of him. Also kicked very well and found turf often.

That other 1/10 being handling. Hold the fucking ball fluffybunny!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I thought Cooper looked very good in 9/10 of the game , especially considering at times he had nobody providing options outside of him. Also kicked very well and found turf often.

That other 1/10 being handling. Hold the fucking ball fluffybunny!
Cooper behind the super-fast ball the Brumbies were delivering in the first half would have been something to see.
So often, he had no options in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.