• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratah Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Auggies and Oakhill are definitely on this saturday at pittwater. game is a double header both ISA and waratah Shield

H

high tower

I think you will find that the Rats colts are at home to the Beasts next Saturday.
St Augustines have entered into a agreement with Pittwater council that gives them use of Rat park over Colts.
not sure where colts will play

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
NSWRU website says the Rats are playing at home. I for one think it's ridiculous that they dont have priority. I guess this means that they will be pushed to either the front or back oval. Surely St Augustines should either play it as a curtain raiser or after at 5.00pm

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
NSWRU website says the Rats are playing at home. I for one think it's ridiculous that they dont have priority. I guess this means that they will be pushed to either the front or back oval. Surely St Augustines should either play it as a curtain raiser or after at 5.00pm

Lily, you have forgotten the golden rule......he who has the gold makes the rules.
The School is obviously paying good coin for the right to play/train there.
They have clashed before with grade & 1st grade played after the School 1's.
So i would be guessing the lights will be on for the Colts 1's this week.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
How stupid of me to forget the Golden rule. Oakhill will be very hard to beat but Papa is grabbing all possible resources for this game such as Vescio and young Hoppa. Will be close but ST Augustines for mine in a hard fought game. Also I have been led to believe that Newington are using mostly 3rd 15 standard players in this competition. If so then NBSC will probably beat them.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Lily, you have forgotten the golden rule......he who has the gold makes the rules.
The School is obviously paying good coin for the right to play/train there.
They have clashed before with grade & 1st grade played after the School 1's.
So i would be guessing the lights will be on for the Colts 1's this week.

On Saturday at Rat park 1.45 Sydney 1st Grade colts game - Warringah v Easts; 3.15 ISA/ waratah Shield St Augustines v Oakhill. These games are on the main field

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Prairiewood vs Endeavour Sports this weekend according to the Fairfield Advance. Winner into the Quarters.

stonecutter

Chris McKivat (8)
Augustines prevailed in a quality contest although 2 late tries blew the score out to 36-15. With 10 mins to go Oakhill missed a penalty to stay at 17-15 and Augustines with a glut of possesion finished off the stronger. Congratulations to Augies and good luck in the shield. Looking forward to next years game already.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
How stupid of me to forget the Golden rule. Oakhill will be very hard to beat but Papa is grabbing all possible resources for this game such as Vescio and young Hoppa. Will be close but ST Augustines for mine in a hard fought game. Also I have been led to believe that Newington are using mostly 3rd 15 standard players in this competition. If so then NBSC will probably beat them.

Looking at the program either Vescio or Hopoate played.

B

Bradley

The Hills Sports High School V The Kings School
Wednesday 3 August 2011
2 PM
The Hills Sports High School sports ground
Best St
Seven Hills

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Maybe Manly stepped in. On Wednesday they were playing if the game was close.

Hopoate didn't play due to the number of school suspensions he has received this year and will not be playing again for the rest of the year. Vescio was at the game but at no time did he strip down for teh game and remained in full school uniform all day. Due to his league committments with the Oz Schools team he has chosen to not play Firsty XV again this year

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Other QF's are St Augustines v Endeavour Sport High; Newington V NBCS; Knox v Mudgee High.

All games have top be played by 5 August

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Bradley and MrBump

Thanks for providing exact details of where and when the games are.

B

Bradley

Hills Sports have smashed Kings this afternoon by around 7 trys to 3. I was not there so I am relying on my source.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Given that we are close to the semi's in this competition I have noticed that there may be a problem for some of the schools left.

The Semi's are to be played on 17 August (at Camden I believe). On 23 August Australia Schools "A" plays England and on 28 August Australian Schools plays England. The problem I see is that some of the schools that will be playing in the semi's may not have all their team available as they have players involved in both games.

Newington would appear to be the one affected most with Ala'alatoa (AUS), Baldwin(AUS), Roods(AUS) and Roye (AUS "A") involved. Knox have Lawley (AUS) and Scarano(AUS"A"), Endeavour have Wessels(AUS) and Caterson (AUS"A") and Auggies has Dombkins(AUS). Hills do not have any players involved in Australian Schoolboys this year.

In the past Aus Schools players were not released to play in these type of games. i wonder if this is the same this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.