• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
On the Hooker front I feel the Tah could do much worse than look at the 2010 GF Hooker for Randwick. John Fonokalafi. The Randwick scrum with Kepu as the only Super level player dominated against Eastwood and held their own against Uni with both those front rows being full of Super players.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
On the Hooker front I feel the Tah could do much worse than look at the 2010 GF Hooker for Randwick. John Fonokalafi. The Randwick scrum with Kepu as the only Super level player dominated against Eastwood and held their own against Uni with both those front rows being full of Super players.

This is an interesting conundrum for Foley, do they pick up a mature player or do some development

Looking at his squad I reckon he will go for experience, every-time

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Halangahu had a great game running at JOC (James O'Connor)'s inside shoulder all game. Carved them up.

I agree with Fatprop that Horne's form is a worry. Looks to me that his right arm/elbow is not 100% and this is the reason for his poor defence and hesitant attack.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Honestly I don't care if Hornes plays like this the whole season as long as he stays fit, I'm sure it's related to that as well.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Can we have a B or M included in future references to Foley?

Thats my big issue for the day
I think we just need to come up with a witty nickname for Bernard Foley.

Maybe Reverse Larkham?

Larkham's nickname was Bernie and he was a fullback turned Number 10.

Bernard Foley is a Bernie who is a Number 10 turned fullback.

OK. Now someone come up with something that is actually witty.

Dragging this back up, perhaps we should go the other way and nick name the coach?

I have heard it from a reliable source that coach foley's nickname was Sitcom. Story goes that Nobody used to call him that as all he did was come on the field and give 30 minutes of shit.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
So why exactly is Barnes going to play 12? Is because M. Foley doesn't rate Carter or Halangahu has been playing to well to be left out? I understand this is something that has been in the works for a bit.

I really do like Barnes at 10.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)

Sam Roberson has been invited to join the Waratah WTG.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sydney Uni hooker

VICKERMAN EXIT
Wallabies and Waratahs veteran Dan Vickerman will announce his retirement from all forms of the game within the next fortnight. Despite going under the knife last week to have a steel rod removed from his leg, Vickerman has told those close to him and officials that his retirement is impending and he has played his last game for the Waratahs. The Inside Back understands the franchise is already dipping its toe in the market for new talent to replace the lock. The sooner the 32-year-old makes the announcement, the sooner the Waratahs can scratch him from the salary cap and free up some money to attempt to fill the massive hole left.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So why exactly is Barnes going to play 12? Is because M. Foley doesn't rate Carter or Halangahu has been playing to well to be left out? I understand this is something that has been in the works for a bit.

I really do like Barnes at 10.

Papers have Halangahu still being the goal kicker. That leads to the assumption that Barnes' groin injury isn't 100% as he did the injury goal kicking.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Sam Roberson has been invited to join the Waratah WTG.
Roberson has been training with the Tahs this week but no assumptions about his standing as 3rd string hooker should be made at this time.

That is the official line at the moment.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Can the Tahs drop injured players out of the 30 man squad?

Surely Jono Jenkins now has to go from not being part of the extended 35 man squad to being one of the 30 man squad replacing McCutcheon.

Will a similar thing happen with Fitzpatrick once they settle on a replacement?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Eek! When you hover over the URL the link is abbreviated to look like Jono Jenkins suffers long term injury.

I was getting worried that we'd lost another player on the flight home.

I really hope we get some encouraging news out of Elsom, Pakelani and Mitchell in the not so distant future.

Status
Not open for further replies.