• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Any updates from Lee Grant on whether Berrick Barnes is running at more than "half rat power" yet?

Has he moved up to three quarter rat power or perhaps even hamster power?

Any news on Pete Betham, Pat McCutcheon, Rob Horne or any other injured players? Is Sam Lane still around or has he been officially released?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It having been suggested on more than the odd occasion that I could cynic for Australia, I can only dip my lid in silent admiration of the naïve optimism of the new generation of Waratahs supporters.

"They will improve week by week". I should live so long.

We dedicated Waratahs supporters are a hardy breed. There's not many of us left after 4 years of win ugly, (or lose ugly under Foley). The thought of improvement sustains us.

It's been a long time since I've been referred to as being part of a "new generation", so admiration and a compliment for me.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Any thoughts on only one change this week?...Tom just doesnt feel like the "new game plan" to me . Are we waiting for Berrick.?...not sure why we dont try Volavola there...............................................In reference to Bruce above, I too was accused of being a cynic for wearing a Red jumper to a Tah game last year......its only when i convinced the angry crowd that it was the blood seeping through from the thousand cuts that they let me bleed in peace.....

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
not sure why we dont try Volavola there.
12 is actually a rather specific role, it's much easier to be a 15 or even a 10.
He's also new to the game, so if we put him on late not only will he be up against tired opposition but the mistakes he makes won't seem as huge.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
I am really frustrated and annoyed by many of the negative comments after last weekend.

The team showed intent but lacked execution. What a shock - every Australian team lacked execution in their first game. But the intent WAS there, Cheika DID address the issues (falling off tackles, simple dropped ball, anxiety once we pulled level late).

I'm not naive enough to claim that we're going to improve each and every week, or that we're certainties for the Finals, let alone the Big One. But by all that is holy I have had it up to here *holds hand above eye line* with the same old cynical schadenfreude and dismal dreariness from some of the so-called Waratah fans around here. Pull your damn socks up and try supporting your team.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I am really frustrated and annoyed by many of the negative comments after last weekend.

The team showed intent but lacked execution. What a shock - every Australian team lacked execution in their first game. But the intent WAS there, Cheika DID address the issues (falling off tackles, simple dropped ball, anxiety once we pulled level late).

I'm not naive enough to claim that we're going to improve each and every week, or that we're certainties for the Finals, let alone the Big One. But by all that is holy I have had it up to here *holds hand above eye line* with the same old cynical schadenfreude and dismal dreariness from some of the so-called Waratah fans around here. Pull your damn socks up and try supporting your team.
I think that the criticism has been focussed and constructive.
Where's waratahjesus

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I think that the criticism has been focussed and constructive.
Where's waratahjesus

Agreed. While critical there has also been a lot of optimism. The general sentiment I've picked up on was, while it wasn't perfect or even close to the finished product, there was enough intent in the performance to suggest changes made in the off season are beginning to take root and that we should begin to see more polished performances in the near future.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
There is no reason to not be positive! The Waratahs got better as the game went on and if they just iron out that kick-or-run kink, they'll be great.
The back row, centres and back three will be the strong suit when Barnes gets back and Folau develops. The game plan should be developed around them.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Leinster in Ireland are denying they've signed a pre-contract with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). The word on the Leinster fan sites is more positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.