• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Another close loss supported by "we saw some positives out there"???...the only positives were in the Chiefs/ Highlanders. The press conference should have been."that was the same Aussie conference crap from last year".sorry guys we'll try again next week.we even got the "this was a typical passionate NSW QLD DERBY!!!!!!" aaarrrrggghhhh..

At least we got some tries. Anyone remember the derby involving one if these teams and a 6-3 scoreline?

Shit conditions for rugby. That level of humidity makes ball carrying into contact a lottery at the best of times, then throw in the warm air and you're pretty much stuffed.

Expecting a lot more this week from the Tahs, even though the forecast is for a bit of rain.

As for basic skills execution - if you have any system where the pathway is so small, expect to see the required criteria fall in quality.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Does anyone know the Waratahs A side that is playing in the curtain raiser tomorrow night??

The press release said the side was to be named yesterday but I can't find it anywhere.

Apparently Pat McCutcheon is making his return to rugby in this game.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I was going to go last night. After work had a few drinks and watched the Kiwi game, we decided it was a better idea to stay put a watch the game in the pub.Their food was infinitely better than the crap you but at the ground as well.
I bet there are plenty who did the same.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Just over 11,000 at the game. Pathetic, and very worrying. Okay, the weather was bad, but so what?

I wasn't going to miss it due to some rain. In the end, it stopped raining around at least half an hour before kick off.

It doesn't augur well for the next game against the Cheetahs which wouldn't be a drawcard team.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
This is a big problem for tahs management. A few years ona row the first home game (not counting home bush) has been against weak opposition on a wet night where the team underperforms (last year force, year before cheetahs). Too many swing fans figure this is how the year will be and don't bother to turn up again, or continue to watch

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I thought Matt Lucas and Ben Volavola were really good when they came on. Lucas' wide passing game really helped with the Ryan try. Volavola just looks really good. I think he is just the type of player the team needs.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
I thought Matt Lucas and Ben Volavola were really good when they came on. Lucas' wide passing game really helped with the Ryan try. Volavola just looks really good. I think he is just the type of player the team needs.

Those 2 plus Betham on the bench when he is fit and that's a handy bunch of backs to add injection late in the game.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I agree on both accounts, on a dry track I think Volavola will add the spark that is missing. TC hasn't dome anything right, or wrong yet, and I look at that as part of the problem - when you are pushing the attack things can go wrong and that will happen, no issues with me, the more you push under stress the better you get and the fewer the errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.