• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'm not sure what the argument is.

Yeah it would have been great if the Tahs had signed him, but they didn't. They were beaten to the punch by an NRL side which was able to offer more both financially and in terms of playing opportunity(Toyota Cup).

I didn't think there was an argument to start with, it was a "look where they are now post"

No regret from me to see a good unit do well in rugby or the nrl

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I don't know, they poach plenty from the lessor schools with scholarships, so it ends up like a elite development pathway. The other real pathway is just as elite within the selective sports high schools
No it doesn't.
Playing in a comp with only 6 other Schools,when only one of them gives you a solid workout is not elite development.
You are confusing a competition between elite Schools,with an elite competition,big difference IMO.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
McCalman has been playing this year in a way Cheika would really like, I think. I've always seen McCalman as the Aus no 8 if Palu and Daylight aren't available, but this year I've been particularly impressed by him.

M

Moono75

The commentators in one of the Force games mentioned offers had been made to bring McCalman home

Hope Benny stays strong and sticks with the Force. We have enough trouble attracting players without having our few great ones poached. And before we go on about the Force getting Sharpe from the Reds etc......we were starting a new franchise from scratch with a low local player base to choose from so its a bit different.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
On the precedent of both delve and Matthewson I assume. Personally I don't know what I think of it if it means we lose Holloway or Gray or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
On the precedent of both delve and Matthewson I assume. Personally I don't know what I think of it if it means we lose Holloway or Gray or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They got dispensation because they are developing rugby areas not the home of australian rugby with the largest catchment in the country.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
They got dispensation because they are developing rugby areas not the home of australian rugby with the largest catchment in the country.
Why would you deny a club re-signing a player who is immensely popular with fans and loves playing here?

The ARU have never done it before.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Why bother having the 2 year rule at all then?
I guess so there is some room to limit it if the ARU so desires.

It would seemingly be a silly PR move by the ARU to block the signing of a player who is a massive crowd favourite.

As I said, they've never denied a team before.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Why bother having the 2 year rule at all then?

Why bother developing local grass roots talent? I mean, you have O/S and the NRL on tap so why waste money or time on local players?

Next some idiot will be whinging about the lack of development and support of NSW grass roots player and development opportunities - which is rubbish!

There will be at least a few games they can play before all the O/S based players return to chalk up sufficient time at any team to play for their team they want to justify make sure they are eligible to walk in to their pre-paid incumbent to be selected and demonstrate their form.

So, does did RUPA have a year game limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.