• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1470210_10152569195717144_6514583365166769817_n.jpg?oh=eeeb47a5dcbebd78a42c40d4d2fb4368&oe=54E458B3&__gda__=1424291289_bb3a2f1e94bed9f019248f1469084a6f

Are the door heights super tall OR are the Tah's rookies Oompa Loompas?

Their gym and team room on the ground floor does have an exceptionally high ceiling.

Apologies for the Horwitz mix up, got the guy confused with his brother

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Also these may be the only guys free on a Tuesday. May be more players who couldn't attend due to other commitments.

That's why I assume I wasn't asked, Tah HQ clearly knew about my work commitments...

Well that's just bullshit. Firstly you're a bum. Second they've seen you play, and you got the call up you deserve!

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yep. Second on the right is Sam Lousi.

Sam-Lousi-2.jpg

i am very much looking forward (sic) to seeing what TGC makes out of this bloke.
appears to have the weaponry to be a serious member of the Tahs' Big Boppers.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Met Stephen Hoiles today, thoroughly nice bloke and had my photo taken with him and the Super Rugby trophy. Had a lot of good things to say about the 'tahs for next year and how Cheik coaching both them and the Wallabies was a good thing as he needed to be busy. Talked about the Phil Hughes tragedy and Sean Mackay basically saying it would be better for the players to start playing again ASAP rather than sit around at home.

Also, asked him about Sean Berne's revenge (which didn't make the papers) and I have to say Rocky Elsom got off lightly by comparison.

Dazzling

Frank Nicholson (4)
i am very much looking forward (sic) to seeing what TGC makes out of this bloke.
appears to have the weaponry to be a serious member of the Tahs' Big Boppers.

May be I missed it earlier but I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the article by Chris Dutton about Chieka's plan to bring back Cameron Skelton and pair (?) him with Will in the Tah's second row. For me it pretty much sums up everything about MC style - aim for a pack that can bludgeon the opposition and then use creative backs to run the ball. Pretty basic and having lived in the UK for the last 12 years, the model that Leicester, Saracens and England have tried to emulate with the exception that they cannot match the creative talent that we have and have always had in the backs. I've lost count of the number of times I've heard Stuart Barnes, Will Greenwood et al say things like - if Australia had more power in the pack they would be unstoppable. Will Skelton comes if for quite a lot of scepticism about his scrummaging and stamina but if you listen to him talk he knows these areas need improvement and is working on it. Personally, I much rather than someone like that in my team than another who keeps doing the same thing over and over again.
I'll be at Twickenham tomorrow not necessarily expecting an Aussie win but hoping to see continued development in style of play. I am optimistic about next year if we maintain the faith in MC and the team. I am also optimistic about the future of Australian rugby particularly when I read about things like the Future Force programme and the Rebels equivalent. I was at a corporate lunch in London, pre the Lions tour and had the privilege to sit next to Michael Lynagh for 2 hours. Beside being an absolutely great guy, he also believed that Australia has the necessary talent pool and that the key was giving opportunity via things like the NRC.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Am hearing whispers of a wider training group of uncontracted guys training with the Tahs at the moment while the Wallabies are away. Anyone have any info on some names? Any potential signings for this year, or next year? Lee have you had a chance to check the new guys out?

Also, have the Tah's announced any prospective trial matches and locations?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Am hearing whispers of a wider training group of uncontracted guys training with the Tahs at the moment while the Wallabies are away. Anyone have any info on some names? Any potential signings for this year, or next year? Lee have you had a chance to check the new guys out?

Also, have the Tah's announced any prospective trial matches and locations?

Some of the non-contracted players at training are Henry Clunies-Ross, Jim Stewart, Jack Dempsey, Matt Sandell, and Vasa Falleli.

I don't believe official details of trials have been released but I think there will be one in Sydney against the Chiefs. Not sure about the others.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Some of the non-contracted players at training are Henry Clunies-Ross, Jim Stewart, Jack Dempsey, Matt Sandell, and Vasa Falleli.

I don't believe official details of trials have been released but I think there will be one in Sydney against the Chiefs. Not sure about the others.

Having spoken to boys at Sydney Uni who play with Jim / Henry and are mates with them, I've heard that they are on some sort of development contract. Only a small amount, but still officially tied to the Tahs in some regard.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)

I believe the Manly hooker, Porecki, has been spotted in the Facebook photos as well.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.