• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I have no doubt under the watchful eye of Damien Cummins you will see him being picked up by a S15 club.

Ah - Damien Cummins, The Turtle—I've told this story before.

I am usually well-behaved at footie games, but I'm a Rats fan and Manly are the enemies.

I did my best sledge ever, on the Turtle, near the end of his career, after he threw a crooked throw at Rat Park for Manly right in front of me.

It was early in the game and he had already missed a tackle and dropped a pass, all in about five minutes - or less.

I said:

Geez Turtle - you can't tackle, you can't catch the ball and you can't throw straight - and I hear your missus isn't real happy either.

Even the Manly guys laughed.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think Guy Miller actually isn't too bad - but he suffers from being in a fairly good pack up against a lot of fairly average ones. Needs to be kicked around by bigger boys a bit.

I barely bother looking at young props these days - the pathways are still awful for development in this area and won't change until the ARU stops shitting it's pants every time the term "NRL" is mentioned, followed by the standard process of throwing money at our back line players and ignoring the balance

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
We had both Metcher and Talakai as reserve THP with Ala'alatoa as a LHP replacement behind Tilse in Gen Blue.

Ala'alatoa isn't a THP although great around the park during the end of NRC he was playing off the bench to Canadian prop Illnacki. Now that Metcher and Talakai have moved onto respective franchises Ala'alatoa is now tried in at THP which is not his preferred position.

We would be stupid not to try and lure at least one of them back. It would still allow us to have Ala'alatoa in the program at LHP. Although I don't see it happening with the Rebels losing PAE and the Reds having Holmes close to retirement.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think its a bit of a beat up: literally happened outside the place Im staying and people sleeping next door outside heard zero - don't know what condition they were in before nodding off, though.
TV cameras filing the sign they supposedly attacked: looks no different to the way it did yesterday and is still being ignored by 44% of motorists.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Scoop
The apparently "rampaged" sign (at least its the one the TV was filming):
2014-12-30 13.17.15.jpg

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I hope the 23 year-old friend the police want to charge is not a certain rugby player he sometimes holidays with.

T

TOCC

Apparently Hooper was on the piss in Byron Bay around 1:30am, he was with a mate who was jumping on cars and they both knocked over a sign post.. The other bloke is expected to be charged but Hooper isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Sounds like a bit of a beat up, In saying that Hooper should remember that positions of authority/leadership have a certain level of expectation placed upon them, and in this circumstance it would be to avoid associating with someone who is going to act like a wanka damaging property after a few drinks.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The ARU said the star breakaway, who is holidaying in Byron Bay, was "not involved in any serious misdemeanour".
"Michael has been open and transparent with the police and Australian Rugby Union," a spokesman said. "We don't expect any further action to be taken in relation to Michael's involvement in the matter."

Don't think we'll hear more of it

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Obviously he should have dumped all his friends and family as soon as he was nade caotain. Then he shoukd have stayedcat home every night in case someone in his general vicinity gets rowdy.

T

TOCC

Obviously he should have dumped all his friends and family as soon as he was nade caotain. Then he shoukd have stayedcat home every night in case someone in his general vicinity gets rowdy.

Sure mate

So you think it's acceptable for the Wallabies Captain to be dragged into the headlines for the drunk and disorderly conduct of someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.