• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Don't know what the rangers are like in Byron Bay, but whoever parked that white car slightly into past the no stopping sign would have been a little poorer with the rangers around here.;)
They took a pragmatic approach to the 4 tourists who sought directions from them: explained our parking laws and took no action.
Much as I suspect might have happened if the wallabies captain had not been present during earlier "rampage"

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Opens the door for Squeaky Moore to captain and for Pocock to get a starting spot if fit and performing.
Nothing much in it but a Wallaby captain shouldn't be anywhere near it.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Nothing much in it - or alternatively absolutely nothing in it and this thread is already 2 pages too long.

One of Hooper's mates acted like a muppet on the drink. The police have alreadt said Hooper has no case to answer. If we start holding people accountable for what their mates do we are all stuffed.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nothing much in it - or alternatively absolutely nothing in it and this thread is already 2 pages too long.

One of Hooper's mates acted like a muppet on the drink. The police have alreadt said Hooper has no case to answer. If we start holding people accountable for what their mates do we are all stuffed.

Well, Hooper was quite intoxicated and while hardly a big deal was involved with the other 2 in ripping out the sign post (things obviously escalated after that), and then police had to move them on as they were still hanging around the scene..............

If he wants to be a Wallaby captain he probably needs to be a little smarter next time, because while not too serious it's not a good look and I'm sure someone at the ARU has given him an earful...............

Whether or not it sinks in under the current culture is another thing...........

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well, Hooper was quite intoxicated and while hardly a big deal was involved with the other 2 in ripping out the sign post (things obviously escalated after that), and then police had to move them on as they were still hanging around the scene......
<snip>
They didn't wake up @Inside Shoulder who was asleep right next to the "scene", and the Police have not taken any further interest in Hooper.

What evidence do you have that he was "quite intoxicated"?

The Media (so far), ARU and the Judicial system do not seem particularly interested in the state of inebriation that he was in.

Is there a personal agenda to beat this up into something it isn't, or do you have a copy of the smoking gun youtube video, picture sms, tweet, facebook brag, or instagram post to prove that there is fire with this smoke?

The real story may be that a high profile professional sportsman in the off season on holiday in Byron Bay, after having a drink or two, didn't do something newsworthy like urinating on a police car.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
He has few of them.. Cough.KB (Kurtley Beale)

So did QC (Quade Cooper) (I.e. JOC (James O'Connor) & KB (Kurtley Beale)) - but I like what QC (Quade Cooper) did (playing and how he reformed), and didn't put him the same bucket as some of the others (I.e. KB (Kurtley Beale) & QC (Quade Cooper)) did.

Each person is different - it comes down to how they handle themselves.

QC (Quade Cooper) comment "toxic" incorrectly communicated but I at the same time think he was accurate and it needed to be said.

As above recent comments - maybe he was there and that is all, and he has learnt something along the way.

Only the other month Pocock was charged - in my eyes, again a media beat up to sell a story.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They didn't wake up @Inside Shoulder who was asleep right next to the "scene", and the Police have not taken any further interest in Hooper.

What evidence do you have that he was "quite intoxicated"?

The Media (so far), ARU and the Judicial system do not seem particularly interested in the state of inebriation that he was in.

Is there a personal agenda to beat this up into something it isn't, or do you have a copy of the smoking gun youtube video, picture sms, tweet, facebook brag, or instagram post to prove that there is fire with this smoke?

The real story may be that a high profile professional sportsman in the off season on holiday in Byron Bay, after having a drink or two, didn't do something newsworthy like urinating on a police car.

As I said, it's not much of a deal, but it's still not a good look for a Wallaby captain to be out drunk with mates damaging property and being dealt with by the cops..............

They're not teenagers on schoolies.

He doesn't deserve to be sanctioned, but I'm sure someone has (hopefully) told him to pull his head in.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
As I said, it's not much of a deal, but it's still not a good look for a Wallaby captain to be out drunk with mates damaging property and being dealt with by the cops......

They're not teenagers on schoolies.

He doesn't deserve to be sanctioned, but I'm sure someone has (hopefully) told him to pull his head in.

Well said.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
How soon until we can close this thread down?

2015?

I was indicating that we should close it down at one minute past midnight.

This is going the same way as all the other similar threads that do not serve the sport well - nor often, the players; certainly not, the forum.

Right or wrong some of us are like those who are fascinated by the behaviour of Hollywood stars and/or who they are shagging.

We can't help ourselves.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I was indicating that we should close it down at one minute past midnight.

This is going the same way as all the other similar threads that do not serve the sport well - nor often, the players; certainly not, the forum.

Right or wrong some of us are like those who are fascinated by the behaviour of Hollywood stars and/or who they are shagging.

We can't help ourselves.

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.