• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wouldn't worry too much about Hodge heading down the Hume Highway.

The Ponies also had Michael Hooper for a bit. He came back.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
https://igcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11311225_1451103628531039_1732577383_n.jpg
This image from the Tahs insta shows some interesting outs. Carraro, Allaallatoa (sp?), Cutch, Hoiles, Chapman and Grey all going? And fairly awkward for Kibbo. Clearly the status on Tanqele is still unknown.

gowaratahs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Awkward for Betham too?

Based on signings we know, these guys are left status unknown:

Tilse, Latu, Faleali'i, Horwitz, Beale, Naiyaravoro, and Clunies-Ross.

I guess it's between Lucas and Faleali'i for backup scrumhalf, here's hoping Latu, KB (Kurtley Beale) and Naiyaravoro are staying... the rest - meh...

Carraro is the one we shouldn't be letting go.

Chauncey

Peter Burge (5)
So if that Instagram is correct and Tala Gray is leaving, that is a strange career move. You sit for several seasons behind Palu and when Palu finally announces he is leaving, you decide to leave as well.
I would have thought his time on the field was about to go through the roof.
Is there something else to this?

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
So if that Instagram is correct and Tala Gray is leaving, that is a strange career move. You sit for several seasons behind Palu and when Palu finally announces he is leaving, you decide to leave as well.
I would have thought his time on the field was about to go through the roof.
Is there something else to this?

He got released.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Awkward for Betham too?

I guess it's between Lucas and Faleali'i for backup scrumhalf, here's hoping Latu, KB (Kurtley Beale) and Naiyaravoro are staying. the rest - meh.

My feeling is that even though the organisation would never admit it they realise next season they need to establish the foundation of it's next very good side a lot of player personnel changing over. Whilst Carraro is more than capable of starting at Super Rugby level and doing a job they may as well bite the bullet and take a hit for the year to get some of the younger guys game time i.e Stewart, Kellaway, Horwitz, (have been impressed with him all year didn't have the greatest game against Manly in the semi though) Clunies - Ross, Jones etc.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
My feeling is that even though the organisation would never admit it they realise next season they need to establish the foundation of it's next very good side a lot of player personnel changing over. Whilst Carraro is more than capable of starting at Super Rugby level and doing a job they may as well bite the bullet and take a hit for the year to get some of the younger guys game time i.e Stewart, Kellaway, Horwitz, (have been impressed with him all year didn't have the greatest game against Manly in the semi though) Clunies - Ross, Jones etc.

I actually agree with much of that. I think it may be entirely possible to be seeing the likes of Horwitz and Stewart pop up in the centres next season with Kellaway on one of the wings.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This is what I've got so far

1. Benn Robinson
2. Tolu Latu
3. Paddy Ryan
4. Dean Mumm
5. Will Skelton
6. Dave Dennis (c)
7. Michael Hooper
8. Jed Holloway
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Rob Horne
12. Jim Stewart
13. Israel Folau
14. Zac Guildford
15. Kurtley Beale

16. Hugh Roach
17. Cameron Orr
18. Angus Ta'avao
19. Sam Lousi
20. Jack Dempsey/Brad Wilken
21. Matt Lucas?
22. David Horwitz
23. Andrew Kellaway

24. Tatafu Polota-Nau
25. Ned Hanigan
26. Henry Clunies-Ross
27. Tom Kingston

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Would be very happy with Holloway at 8. I have been a long term fan of his performances in the Shute.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Awkward for Betham too?

I guess it's between Lucas and Faleali'i for backup scrumhalf, here's hoping Latu, KB (Kurtley Beale) and Naiyaravoro are staying. the rest - meh.

Beale has signed on for the next few, and with Chieka as Wallabies coach you'd expect him to get a top up as well. You would also think Latu will stay another few years, NSWRU can be bad, but they aren't so bad as to let a talent like him slip through their fingers.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Bit worried seeing Paddy Ryan and Tolu Latu getting shown up repeatedly by the Southern Districts scrum this afternoon. Doesn't bode well for the Tahs next year. Here's hoping Ta'avao is the answer.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Does that thank you visual mean Michael Ala'alatoa has been discarded while Tilse has been retained? Madness.

Who's the bloke between Volavola and Gray?

Status
Not open for further replies.