• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Hearing news Hunt is on his way to the Tahs to save his career.

Don't care about his off field issues but.......

what would we do with him on the field? doesn't seem like he fills any particular hole at all. What we need is either a second rower or a striker winger.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Hearing news Hunt is on his way to the Tahs to save his career.

Don't care about his off field issues but...

what would we do with him on the field? doesn't seem like he fills any particular hole at all. What we need is either a second rower or a striker winger.

I wonder if rumors of Bryce Hegarty going North are true?

I don't want Hunt anywhere near the Tahs. Too many issues and we already tried that with Guilford.

Hopefully that South African lock turns out ok as we need size and go forward but seem to want to spend the money on old backs and not props and go forward locks.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
If they get Hunt, it'd change my prediction of the Tahs from 3rd/4th in the conference to 1st or 2nd. I didn't have that much faith in the outside back options, combined with the front row lacking any depth.

If, and that's a big if he comes almost certainly he will cover the 13 position, pushing Rona out to the wing, which i believe is his best position.

9. Gordon
10. Foley
11. Clark
12. Beale
13. Hunt
14. Rona
15. Folau

That's a very nice backline, i'd also rate Hunt to push for a Wallabies spot if given the 13 jersey.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Hunt is a Wallaby. If he settles down to it, he could still be in the RWC squad. He certainly has the ability.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Hunt is a Wallaby. If he settles down to it, he could still be in the RWC squad. He certainly has the ability.

He looked a little out of form in club. Built up somewhat through NRC, but he is going to need to prove form. If he can then the time out may have increased the duration of his career. Try him at 13.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Everyone fit and firing i wouldn't have him in the Wallabies. But our backline was absolute garbage all season, so maybe.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I didn't see anything in the article that was more than pure speculation.

The Tahs 'won't rule it out'. I'd be surprised if they signed him. He's a good player but is he worth the risk?

Watch this space, I suppose.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
I think the Waratahs have an arrangement with the papers not to outright deny any players linked to them. If Karmichael Hunt can keep his nose clean, I'm all for it. But only if Queensland will still be paying the lion's share of his salary.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think the Waratahs have an arrangement with the papers not to outright deny any players linked to them. If Karmichael Hunt can keep his nose clean, I'm all for it. But only if Queensland will still be paying the lion's share of his salary.

Why would they do that? Contractural complexities are obviously beyond my ken.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
And they are already paying for Hunt if he doesn’t go. At least this way they can reduce some of his carrying cost.

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
I think it will be a bonus for the tahs to have K Hunt on the books, adds a lot of steel in defense plus excellent versatility into the tahs backline!

We could easily see Karmichael fitting in as follows:

A. Playing at 15 with Folau to wing. Or Folau to 13 and Rona to wing.
B. Playing at 12 with Beale to 15 and Folau to wing or 13.
C. Playing at 13 with Rona to wing.

Plus any injuries in those slots and we have a very high quality replacement

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
I think it will be a bonus for the tahs to have K Hunt on the books, adds a lot of steel in defense plus excellent versatility into the tahs backline!

We could easily see Karmichael fitting in as follows:

A. Playing at 15 with Folau to wing. Or Folau to 13 and Rona to wing.
B. Playing at 12 with Beale to 15 and Folau to wing or 13.
C. Playing at 13 with Rona to wing.

Plus any injuries in those slots and we have a very high quality replacement

He would be a great in defence to help out KB (Kurtley Beale) if he slotted into the centres, would also give the opportunity to switch on occasion and let Kurtley use some of his speed attacking at 13

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think Hunt would be good acquisition as would get him for a bargain price given Reds would still pay some of his salary and he is definiitely down to last chance to save his career so if ever he was going to clean himself up now is the time.

Plus yes we could do with some more depth in the backs. Given would get Hunt for a song I reckon worth a punt. Sure if we had to pay full price then no way but for his talent and likely price we will pay yep lets nab him before the Rebels do.,

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think Hunt would be good acquisition as would get him for a bargain price given Reds would still pay some of his salary and he is definiitely down to last chance to save his career so if ever he was going to clean himself up now is the time.

Plus yes we could do with some more depth in the backs. Given would get Hunt for a song I reckon worth a punt. Sure if we had to pay full price then no way but for his talent and likely price we will pay yep lets nab him before the Rebels do.,

Hunt is a great player, always has been, but I am not sure if Sydney's night life will help his off the field issues

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Conversely to that FP, moving him away from the group he was mixing with in Brisvegas may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.