• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
Probably not exactly for this thread, but just had an FB memory flashback come up for Tahs V BIL's 15/6/2013. Still a few from each squad going round, It was a massive night with the SFS sold out.... plenty of beer and banter at the ground!

Tahs v BILs .png

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Front row for next year:

LH: Bell, Lambert, Adrian Brown?, Jack Barrett?, Thompson-Stringer
Hookers: Porecki, Vailanu, ?
TH: HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Holz, Dan Botha?, Sateki Latu?

Taukipulu, Faulkner and Leatigaga are all gone I assume.

Who is in for 2024, who is not?

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Probably not exactly for this thread, but just had an FB memory flashback come up for Tahs V BIL's 15/6/2013. Still a few from each squad going round, It was a massive night with the SFS sold out.... plenty of beer and banter at the ground!

View attachment 16445
What's wild about this team is that all the Wallabies in the team weren't able to play so this side was made up largely of the inexperienced outer squad.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Not surprising.

Hopefully injuries don’t smash them like this year and Bell, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) able to play the majority. Was expecting more from Holz but hopefully he keeps developing. Lambert and Botha showed good signs.

Signed the English bloke as well. No idea about Faulkner and his situation. Jack Barrett may move into a main squad potentially.

Alex Ross (28)
1687397288670.png

Von Appen and Marlot going? Hardly given much of a shot. I hope they have some locks and props signing on soon……

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Marolt got injured as well didn't he in Club footy?

Not surprised by he and Von Appen though. Surely would have been on a base contract. Might get brought back in depending on who's out there come pre season. I'm hoping it means we will see some signings announced soon.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Von Appen and Marlot going? Hardly given much of a shot. I hope they have some locks and props signing on soon……
We need to sign props why?

LH: Bell, Lambert, Adrian Brown?, Jack Barrett?, Thompson-Stringer
Hookers: Porecki, Vailanu, ?
TH: HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Holz, Dan Botha?, Sateki Latu?

Just a hooker

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
That is a shame - he might take a while yet to develop, but he could be special.
I agree. Harris is a strong player and if we want to have depth in our squad we really needed to hang onto a player like him. He was a very solid 6/8 option and I worry we might be getting a bit thin there now esp without Seu, and with Swinton being a injury / suspension liability.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Money must have been good for Harris, because that's the only explanation as to why he'd go.

Not like he was short of starting opportunities here. Or that he's in a better spot for his career in Perth playing for a generally shithouse team.

He could be a good quality Wallaby, but this move makes that less likely IMO.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Money must have been good for Harris, because that's the only explanation as to why he'd go.

Not like he was short of starting opportunities here. Or that he's in a better spot for his career in Perth playing for a generally shithouse team.

He could be a good quality Wallaby, but this move makes that less likely IMO.
Is he not the 4th best no 8. in Aus atm (behind Valentini, Gleeson, Wilson) I dont exactly see him becoming a world class 6 but to be fair i havent watched him closely.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Is he not the 4th best no 8. in Aus atm (behind Valentini, Gleeson, Wilson) I dont exactly see him becoming a world class 6 but to be fair i havent watched him closely.
No, probably further back - he's also behind Samu and potentially Naisaraini and Uru at the moment. Heaps of potential though.