• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs - Positivity thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
that is unbelievable.

Do the Tahs not work in with Rail? I know the Reds work very closely with translink etc and if there's any outages or track works they (translink) will put on extra services (buses etc) to cope with the crowd.

But perhaps they just don't expect a crowd this weekend.

Of course there will be buses.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Personally, I will be walking to Homebush. In my Reds polo.

Just hope it's not raining; this current weather is miserable.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This is the Waratahs Positivity thread.

Lets keep to the original intent of the thread, and leave the general game banter to the Tahs vs Reds thread, or the Waratahs 2014 thread.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Perhaps this should go in a Waratahs - optimism thread.

Have an overseas work trip in late July and was planning to tack a family holiday onto it. Realised I'd be away for the Super rugby finals. Holiday now postponed. Looking forward to a Tahs Grand Final in Oz, NZ or SA.

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Surely how we are playing will soon be attracting crowds of 40,000 to see the Waratahs go nearly all the way in 2014, with an eye to 2104 being our year

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
^ And this is the key. Crowd was shite tonight due to weather and track work and whatever. Lindommer and JSRF10 and I were the loudest (and most creative sledgers .. And best looking) but Cheika is building it, and they will come.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
The few that were there I felt were louder without the scg trust members there. That's a good thing.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Its a long time since I felt this good. World domination now seems possible, nay even likely. That Reds team last week beat the team that lost the final. This week they were not in the game and from the opening whistle it was a question of how much they were going to lose by. The last time I remember a performance like that was against the Sharks in a semi-final at the SFS. Link was in charge back then. In between we beat up a few Saffer teams like the Lions, but no game showed the sort of domination we showed tonight against good opposition. Make no mistake, the Reds are no mugs. But tonight was a massacre.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Crowd tipping is bloody hard at Homebush. I reckon it would have been around 18k, 20 tops.

The rain (or threat thereof) probably cost about 5k. Mardi Gras night may have cost an extra k or two.

The return match at Suncorp will be a sell out. 2015 game in Sydney should have a decent sized crowd.

sjg

Frank Nicholson (4)
@Pfitzy I see you a bay 105 and I raise you a bay 109!!! Carn the mighty tahs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjg

Frank Nicholson (4)
Our line out is shocking though, how can we move forward with that?? Because as it stands we will not win a super with that line out. Lacking a decisive general (missing Denis?) and class jumpers (...??).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.