• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs - Positivity thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
fucking fantastic! And yes, i can't get the jersey over my 4yo's head either, although the new ones are better than the old S12 ones

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
For those of you who read my rant on the Jersey thread, apologies, but this has a happy ending.

I bought my 4 year old son a size 6 Tahs jersey at the game on Sunday. Problem with it, is that the collar is so small you can barely fit it over the child's head.

I took it to a tailor near my work and asked if she could loosen the collar. When I took out the jersey she smiled and said, this is our team and asked if I went to the game on the weekend. A little surprised I asked if she went to the game and she said she did. As I often do, I asked why she followed rugby. With a beaming smile she replied, "My son is the coach of the Waratahs." So now I've met Mrs Cheika. Lovely lady and what's more she didn't charge me for fixing the jersey.

So not only is Michael awesome, his mum is too!

Did you tell her to have a quite word to her son about the fact the jersey's collars are too small..

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Did you tell her to have a quite word to her son about the fact the jersey's collars are too small..
Hahah No I didn't. Not sure it would be a top priority for him at the moment ;)

..... and in response to some of the questions from my work colleagues..... I won't say where she works, ask her for tickets or ask her to pass on any ideas about player selection and tactics :) I'll just leave her alone.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hahah No I didn't. Not sure it would be a top priority for him at the moment ;)

... and in response to some of the questions from my work colleagues... I won't say where she works, ask her for tickets or ask her to pass on any ideas about player selection and tactics :) I'll just leave her alone.

Mate, you want your fans wearing your Jerseys otherwise you will have just a bunch of numptys in Hat's ;P

But fair play I wouldnt give out that information either last thing you want is a bunch of clowns bothering her.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I bought my 4 year old son a size 6 Tahs jersey at the game on Sunday. Problem with it, is that the collar is so small you can barely fit it over the child's head.

fucking fantastic! And yes, i can't get the jersey over my 4yo's head either, although the new ones are better than the old S12 ones

Aside from not being Welsh, this is how I'm currently envisioning your respective kids. I can see why getting the jersey over the head could be difficult.

41501.jpg

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Many pubs in Sydney got this sort of deal going? Seems pretty good. It says "Win" double passes but it seems all you have to do is get there early enough on the right days and get yourself a feed.

http://www.unionhotel.com.au/waratahs.html

Win Waratahs Double Passes!
Buy a main meal & win from 5pm on Fridays*

To win, be here on

21st February for tickets to the match on 1st March
14th March for tickets to the match on 21st March
11th April for tickets to the match on 19th April
25th April for tickets to the match on 3rd May
9th May for tickets to the match on 18th May
20th June for tickets to the match on 28th June
27th June for tickets to the match on 6th July
*Buy 1x main meal to receive 1 double pass. Valid on the first 25 main meals sold from 5pm. Max 1 double pass per order. check website for dates

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Lipman is an ex-Rebel, he is also an ex-Tah (B team only). Did play under 21s for NSW. Played for Warringah in the Shute Shield.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Right fuckers, I'm probably going to the game on Satdee nite. Even though ANZ is the shittiest venue for rugby (and sport in general) and will have a shitty crowd, of be a huge fucking hypocrite if I criticised the elbow patch brigade and didn't show up.

And I can stand being a hypocrite on a range of issues, but that isn't one of them.

Where are we meeting, what are we drinking, and what time is all that kicking off?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Would you believe there's trackwork on the Western Line this weekend? Those multitudes of rugby supporters in Sydney's greater west who get two games a year to watch the Tahs can't get to Homebush by train, WTF didn't the Tahs brains trust check with the state government to ensure there'll no train interruptions this weekend. Booting Jason Allen and putting Jim Carmichael in charge is starting to sound like a good idea.

More to the point, HTF am I going to get to the game and back home? Bicycle.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
WTF didn't the Tahs brains trust check with the state government to ensure there'll no train interruptions this weekend.

Do you think the State Government would amend their track maintenance schedule to suit the Tahs? Do you think the State Government even has a firm track maintenance schedule beyond a couple of weeks ahead?

The Tahs have to plan many months in advance for games like this.

It is very harsh to blame the Tahs for something that is totally outside their control. The Stadium management are the ones who should be constantly working with State Government on issues like this, not the individual tenants, anyway.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
that is unbelievable.

Do the Tahs not work in with Rail? I know the Reds work very closely with translink etc and if there's any outages or track works they (translink) will put on extra services (buses etc) to cope with the crowd.

But perhaps they just don't expect a crowd this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.