• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs - Positivity thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Great to learn the Tahs are planning to visit all the clubs participating in the Sydney juniors competition during 2013. Outstanding effort by the team.

http://www.waratahs.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/157/ArticleID/9155/Default.aspx

For those who will be bringing their kids along to the Brumbies game, there will be a a skills and drills session on the training ground next to the stadium (I think it is on the western side).

http://www.waratahs.com.au/Waratahs/MatchDay/MatchDayInfo.aspx

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is pleasing to see the twitter posts from the players, with photos, from the Community Drive into the Schools.

Cheika seems to understand the value of the Grass Roots and community engagement.

Trial Matches outside Sydney. <Thumbs up icon>.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Full page photo of Folau on the back page of the Terror.
Main story and photo on the back page of the Australian. Also second story regarding O’Connor.
Plenty of rugby in the SMH today as well.
Lots of exposure for Volvo thus far - you'd expect them to be happy with what they have outlayed so far for sponsorships this year.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Another sponsor named at the season launch last night, expect a public announcement today

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Quite a few cobwebs, but the Tahs back line is bloody awesome.
It certainly could be. Foley and Beale both having a go at play-making. Good finishers, with Crawford still out, and a guy like Horne on the bench. But yeah, cob-webby!

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
TV viewer numbers for the Sunday Tahs / Force game at 122k. Apparently this is substantially up on last year. Brumbies / Reds at 108k.
Tahs / Reds should get around 200k. We need all the increases we can get for the next TV deal.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
For those of you who read my rant on the Jersey thread, apologies, but this has a happy ending.

I bought my 4 year old son a size 6 Tahs jersey at the game on Sunday. Problem with it, is that the collar is so small you can barely fit it over the child's head.

I took it to a tailor near my work and asked if she could loosen the collar. When I took out the jersey she smiled and said, this is our team and asked if I went to the game on the weekend. A little surprised I asked if she went to the game and she said she did. As I often do, I asked why she followed rugby. With a beaming smile she replied, "My son is the coach of the Waratahs." So now I've met Mrs Cheika. Lovely lady and what's more she didn't charge me for fixing the jersey.

So not only is Michael awesome, his mum is too!

Status
Not open for further replies.